Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uefa president Michel Platini collapses in Johannesburg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8806744.stm

Uefa president Michel Platini was taken to hospital on Friday after reportedly fainting in a Johannesburg restaurant.

A spokesman said Platini, who had been suffering from flu, was undergoing precautionary tests but was "fine".

Initially there were fears that Platini had suffered a heart attack but the Uefa source said that was not the case.

The 55-year-old Platini, who became Uefa president in 2007, was in Johannesburg ahead of the World Cup final, which takes place on Sunday.

"He is fine. He had been suffering from a cold and a bit of flu and he fainted before eating in a restaurant," said Uefa spokesman William Gaillard.

Well I'm glad he's ok man Michahel Platini was one hell of a player for France. I would watch his old highlights and the guy was a one man scoring machine. Too bad he could never win the world cup a player of his magnitude not winning the world cup is kind of a bummer.

Comment

i cant remember why i hate him, but i do because of his role as president. He is nearly as bad as blatter. I think he was also very anti technology about the cl. Oh and i think he wanted to limit foreign players or was that blatter or both?

Comment

Let him collapse...

Comment

Damn I was hoping for a resignation due to health problems!

Comment

Working...
          X