Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing Thread

How many boxing fans are there here? I am personally a big fan of boxing so i decided to open a thread about boxing, where you can discuss about: upcoming fights, weight classes, favorite fighters, rumors and discuss.

My favorite fighter right now must be: Carl Froch, i like his style he is a hard hitting and a offensive boxer. I actually had him as the winner against Mikkel Kessler, did you guys saw the fight? Awesome fight! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxh7j7IeH1w

I personally look forward to the third round of the super six tournament But right now the fight i look must forward too is Dawson vs. Jean Pascal. People say Dawson will win easily, but Pascal is probably one of the must underrated boxers out there. He is a warrior who is willing to stand toe to toe and take big shots [we saw that against Froch for the WBC title] and beat Diaconu with one hand. Is there a fight you guys look forward too and why?

Europe vs America? Before & now?

Also: HBO vs Showtime . Before and now?

Feel free to discuss :-)
    A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

I'm a huge fan of boxing but unfortuantely boxing is dying. With the recent surge of MMA the fights are just more appealing to the 20-40 year old demographic. The problem with boxing is that there are no more big names and we all know Pakiao(SP) is not fighting that coward FMW. Problem with boxing is that most fights end up in a decision.

Comment

I just hope someone rips those fag***ass klitsch*** apart - they are so f*** scared of throwing a punch and those b***s call themselves champions, they're a f*** disgrace to the boxing sport
      and now wlad is fighting this sore loser Samuel Peter, who's basically a bum and looks like he's been eating cheeseburgers his entire life
      if we want boxing (especially the hw division) to be exciting again we need to get rid of the robo-brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Persiantiger View Post
        I'm a huge fan of boxing but unfortuantely boxing is dying. With the recent surge of MMA the fights are just more appealing to the 20-40 year old demographic. The problem with boxing is that there are no more big names and we all know Pakiao(SP) is not fighting that coward FMW. Problem with boxing is that most fights end up in a decision.

i can understand you 100% but the problem is biggest in USA where MMA as taking over, and Maywether the coward is not facing Pacquaio. Showtime made Super six for trying to awaking Americans boxing interest. The problems with the decision is where people get robbed because they are fighting away from home. But yet again this is boxing. I'm also tired of people who don't box more often, and only like 2 times every year, that is what kills boxing.

KCIN you must be a typical Klitschko hater, and maybe even a Haye fan. Its not his fault that Haye don't have any balls and keep talking sh!t, neither it's his fault that Povetkin pulled out. Besides it's not their fault that the HW is so boring, would you like fat bums like Arreola, Valuev and so on too dominate the HW-scene? The Klitschko brothers may be boring, but they are very effective, and they act like true champions, they don't talk sh!t about other fighters, they respect them. Unlike possy's like Haye. I am tired of Klitschko haters, if he was an American, then he'd probably be bigger than Tyson or Holy-field xD Almost the same with Joe Calzaghe who is heavily underrated specially in USA, if we were an American he would be as big as Roy Jones Jr. Also its pretty sad that American TV hates on European boxers, they don't broadcast their fights live, and not respected like they should be. While every European boxing fan knows the big American fighters, ODLH, Maywether, Pacqaio, Hopkins Roy jones jr and so on... Right now Europe have way better boxers than America IMO
        A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

Besides i don't get why Maywether is soo big he only fights bums, and he got no love for the sport at all, he only do it for money. Pacquaio fights better fighters defiantly, just for you know i am not a a Pacquaio fan. But guys if you want to follow the lighter division then follow fighters like: Bradley, Khan, Devon Alexander and Marquez. Specially Khan and i think he is one of the biggest talents in the lower weight divisions

Comment

Originally posted by PersianPrins View Post
            i can understand you 100% but the problem is biggest in USA where MMA as taking over, and Maywether the coward is not facing Pacquaio. Showtime made Super six for trying to awaking Americans boxing interest. The problems with the decision is where people get robbed because they are fighting away from home. But yet again this is boxing. I'm also tired of people who don't box more often, and only like 2 times every year, that is what kills boxing.

KCIN you must be a typical Klitschko hater, and maybe even a Haye fan. Its not his fault that Haye don't have any balls and keep talking sh!t, neither it's his fault that Povetkin pulled out. Besides it's not their fault that the HW is so boring, would you like fat bums like Arreola, Valuev and so on too dominate the HW-scene? The Klitschko brothers may be boring, but they are very effective, and they act like true champions, they don't talk sh!t about other fighters, they respect them. Unlike possy's like Haye. I am tired of Klitschko haters, if he was an American, then he'd probably be bigger than Tyson or Holy-field xD Almost the same with Joe Calzaghe who is heavily underrated specially in USA, if we were an American he would be as big as Roy Jones Jr. Also its pretty sad that American TV hates on European boxers, they don't broadcast their fights live, and not respected like they should be. While every European boxing fan knows the big American fighters, ODLH, Maywether, Pacqaio, Hopkins Roy jones jr and so on... Right now Europe have way better boxers than America IMO
            I'm not a Klitschko hater nor am I a David Haye fan, but I know that what you wrote is not true. The Klitschko's had their HBO PPV shots in front of the american audience, but whenever they had to deliver they simply sucked! It's not because they are bad people, no they happen to be very literate and polite - it's just because they are scared of punching! The last true HW was Lennox Lewis and we all know what happened to Vitalis face (and this was Vitalis best fight til today!).

I also don't agree with your last sentence. Have u seen Dirrell vs. Abraham? Forgot about Pacquiao and FMJ?

and PS: Prime Tyson vs prime Klit? Are u kidding me? Tyson would KILL the Klitsch***!

Comment

Vitali have a iron chin don't underestimate him, i think Prime Vitali can beat Tyson

Comment

Lol at all the Klitschko hating,

Vitali Klitschko is one of the greatest heavyweights, its a shame that he is in an era that has bred nothing but bum heavyweights including the likes of David Haye.

Vitali's only losses come via injury, he was on his way to beating lennox lewis he was up on points before he retired, Lennox Lewis shortly after that he rejected a 74million dollar fight to come out of retirement to Vitali but declined.

Both Vitali and Waldimir would beat Haye and any other heavyweights out there, they are smart heavy weights with great technique, yes they are definitely boring at times, but boxing is 90% brain, Its a game of strategy.

Comment

Spot on !!!

Comment

Boro baba Iron Sheik

Comment

juanma lopez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZPbNfWb6E

Comment

Tonight its without a doubt the biggest boxing clash in Canada. Canadian WBC champion: Jean-Pascal[26-1 which only loss came against Froch in Notthingham, UK - SMW] against the American IBO champ. Chad Dawson 29-0 / number 5 P4P. Dawson is the favorite according to many people, but i think he's very overrated, only good victory came against Adamek [Who is having his prime in the Heavyweight] . And Pascal is imo probably the must underrated boxer. Fight is shown on HBO. What do you guys think?

Comment

I couldn't believe how well Pascal fought!!!!! the rematch will be a cracker

Comment

Working...
                          X