No announcement yet.

FIBA World Championship 2010 Aug 28 - Sept 12 OFFICIAL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow i remember reading abuot Arsalan, did he join the iran NT?

Comment

Comment

^^ Does this document contain steroids?

Comment

Keyan jan. Tell Arsalan that we're proud of him and the national team. Tell him to keep their composure and play respectable and give it their all. That's all we ask.

Comment

If Iran do beat the USA would it be considered the country's greatest sporting achievement ever?
            Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
              If Iran do beat the USA would it be considered the country's greatest sporting achievement ever?
              absolutely. it would be the equivalent to iran winning brazil in soccer. even without kobe and lebron playing...it still would be by FAR. It would maybe even be the biggest upset ever if this happened.

Comment

2 years ago, I was lucky enough to play a few games with Arsalan Kazemi-I was in Tehran for the holidays and he was there in our compound in Sharake Gharb- we played 3 on 3 for a week... it is one of my best memories. He is a really nice and open guy. I have a few pics if anyone is interested, its neat to see him perform soo well in the big stage and be like hey i scored points against this guy

Anyways here is how Iran currently stands b/w all the teams...if you ignore the fact we played 3 games, its pretty decent

# Teams GP W-L For Agst Diff
                1. USA 3 3-0 275 223 52 3 wins 2-0 1-0 2-0
                2. ARG 3 3-0 243 216 27 3 wins 2-0 2-0 1-0
                3. SRB 3 2-1 287 195 92 1 win 1-1 0-1 2-0
                4. AUS 3 2-1 226 192 34 1 win 1-1 1-1 1-0
                5. BRA 3 2-1 229 200 29 1 defeat 1-1 0-1 2-0
                6. SLO 3 2-1 248 239 9 1 win 1-1 0-0 1-1
                7. TUR 2 2-0 151 103 48 2 wins 2-0 0-0 1-0
                8. FRA 2 2-0 158 125 33 2 wins 2-0 0-0 1-0
                9. LTU 2 2-0 162 147 15 2 wins 2-0 1-0 0-0
                10. GRE 2 2-0 172 161 11 2 wins 2-0 1-0 0-0
                11. CRO 3 1-2 237 251 -14 1 defeat 1-1 0-0 1-1
                12. IRI 3 1-2 190 214 -24 1 win 1-1 0-0 0-2
                13. GER 3 1-2 199 237 -38 1 defeat 1-1 1-1 0-1
                14. ANG 3 1-2 193 250 -57 1 defeat 1-1 0-0 0-2
                15. ESP 2 1-1 167 156 11 1 win 1-1 0-0 1-0
                16. CHN 2 1-1 164 162 2 1 win 1-1 0-0 0-0
                17. RUS 2 1-1 131 131 0 1 defeat 1-1 0-0 0-0
                18. LIB 2 1-1 140 157 -17 1 defeat 1-1 0-0 0-1
                19. JOR 3 0-3 209 267 -58 3 defeats 0-2 0-1 0-1
                20. TUN 3 0-3 179 231 -52 3 defeats 0-2 0-0 0-2
                21. PUR 2 0-2 146 158 -12 2 defeats 0-2 0-1 0-0
                22. CAN 2 0-2 139 151 -12 2 defeats 0-2 0-1 0-0
                23. NZL 2 0-2 163 193 -30 2 defeats 0-2 0-0 0-1
                24. CIV 2 0-2 120 169 -49 2 defeats 0-2 0-0 0-1

Comment

Do you guys think if it weren't for I.R. we would be even higher?
                  I always thought we suck at team sports (like we do in football) but Basketball seemsto be an exception!

Comment

Without I.R we would be better in everything because it would be more open more freedom so the development would be better. We have so much skilled players in every sport here in toronto and i assume all over the world but they never even consider taking a look at them

Comment

Guys what time and channel on American media will be televising the game? I have been trying to find it I thought the game would be 9:00Pacific Standard Time, but I can't find it. The NBA channel is going to show France v Canada.

Someone here siad if this would be the biggest upset if Iran beat the USA. Well it might but this is not USA's best squad at all. In fact outside of an A lister Kevin Durant and rising star Derek Rose, the team is ordinary. Guysy like Rudy Gay, Lamar Odom(as much as I love him he is a Laker), and Kevin Love(Sorry PersianBruin) those guys are all average NBA players. For christ sakes they have Chuncy Billups who is no where near his prime years.

Comment

Iran vs Croatia

Iran vs Tunasia ( I swear Kazemi Is just to crazy ) And Wow haddadi shooting 3 pointers lool
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K.C.I.N. View Post
                          Do you guys think if it weren't for I.R. we would be even higher?
                          I always thought we suck at team sports (like we do in football) but Basketball seemsto be an exception!
                          dadash, who cares what we would have been if it weren't for the IR? there's no point in thinking about the "ifs" in our country, because as far as I'm concerned, we are what we are. also, we still have a bit of ways to be "good" in basketball at the world level .

Originally posted by Persiantiger View Post
                          Guys what time and channel on American media will be televising the game? I have been trying to find it I thought the game would be 9:00Pacific Standard Time, but I can't find it. The NBA channel is going to show France v Canada.
                          Someone here siad if this would be the biggest upset if Iran beat the USA. Well it might but this is not USA's best squad at all. In fact outside of an A lister Kevin Durant and rising star Derek Rose, the team is ordinary. Guysy like Rudy Gay, Lamar Odom(as much as I love him he is a Laker), and Kevin Love(Sorry PersianBruin) those guys are all average NBA players. For christ sakes they have Chuncy Billups who is no where near his prime years.
                          ESPN shows the game at noon est.
                          i hate to sound like i'm being realistic, but those "average NBA players" have all been allstars at one point or another in their careers or are future all stars in the making. also, they are ALL big pieces on their respective teams. with all do respect to hamed, but when you say these guys are "ordinary" nba players, then what is hamed?

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                            dadash, who cares what we would have been if it weren't for the IR? there's no point in thinking about the "ifs" in our country, because as far as I'm concerned, we are what we are. also, we still have a bit of ways to be "good" in basketball at the world level .
                            i hate to sound like i'm being realistic, but those "average NBA players" have all been allstars at one point or another in their careers or are future all stars in the making. also, they are ALL big pieces on their respective teams. with all do respect to hamed, but when you say these guys are "ordinary" nba players, then what is hamed?
                            With all due respect Hamid is probably somewhere arround DJ Mbenga some guy that is filling up a roster spot. Being an average NBA player is nothing to hold your head down. An average NBA player can sign a $10,000,000 contract for three years or $15,000,000 for five years. It's nothing big like what the mega stars get but average players can still play a role. Perhaps average was the wrong word these players outside of Durant and Rose are "role players" but they have potential of being an all star one day, so I agree with you on that.

What I'm trying to say is that this is a very average team we even had better teams that didn't ammount to anything the teams with guys like Reggie Miller were probably better overall than this team. The upside to this team is that they are young and unaware of their surroundings meaning they won't be scared of anyone. It's kind of like when Brazil sends in their youth team with one or two good players they are building for the future because LeBron and DWade, and Kobe are not the future of USA basketball. They already had their moment and I doubt they will ever put on a USA uniform. It's sort of a tradition that big stars wear the uniform once and pass it on to the next guy. This team is young though and they can develope.

I liked the Brazil game because they were down by seven points, but they stuck to the game plan of winning with stifiling defense. That is where USA seperates themselves from the rest of the world even the average NBA player plays better D than the star player of Croatia. Those guys are generally better shooters but they lack in every other aspect of the game.

As for the game I have direct TV and at 12:00 ESPn is outside the lines, college football live, and NFL live. ESPN U is showing college football the experts and ESPN 2 is showing Sports Center. No Fiba USA vs Iran even on the NBA channel. They are showing Lithuania v Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                              Problem wiht Hamid is that he is just not getting enough looks to get better no disrespect to him but he is not an average NBA player. The average NBA player is the starter who will get you like 10 points 7 rebounds and contribute on a daily basis. All of those guys except for Derek Rose and Kevin Durant fit the description of role player. They might be all stars in the future but today they are average players. Of course USA's average NBA players are still better than teams like Spain who are considered a basetball powerhouse with NBA players on their team as well.

Sorry for the double post my stupid computer froze on me.

Comment

Kazemi has mad skillz!
                                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                                X