No announcement yet.

FIBA World Championship 2010 Aug 28 - Sept 12 OFFICIAL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that reverse layup from arsalan was CRAZY. anyways, hopefully we can lose by less than 40 to the USA

Comment

WE WON!!!!!!!!

woooo woooo

i am so glad this game is over...wow....nerve wrecking

haddadi 23 points, 13 rebs, 4 blocks

Comment

they better work on their tactics on full-court pressure..! i bet US will be putting the full court pressure on them the whole game..!

Comment

i dont know why we rush shit so much, why run so damn fast around the court, just hold the ball and haddadi needs to be more in the paint

i think we need to use haddadi's back up alot more, he's lik 6'11''
          def. against US we need more size

but in all honesty guys, this would've been a lot different if bahrami and afagh were playing they are truly missed

Comment

Haddadi finishes with 23 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks.
            Kazemi had 13 points, 7 rebounds and a couple of steals.

Great performance by both. Kamrany played well for the most part especially in the first quarter unlike the past 2 games. They need to learn to keep their composure when the other team is in a full court press and cut the turnovers.

But all said and done, well done boys.

Comment

I think Iran's coach attended Branko's school of "I dont have a clue how to coach and who to play at which position". haddadi is taking 3 pointers while our 5'11 guard is going for the rebound. Maybe that'll work in a bizzaro world!
              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Glad to see the boys win their first one.

Now unless a miracle happens and we beat both USA and Slovania, we are pretty much out of the 4th spot.
                Also, I am truly pissed by the coaching off this team. I shit you not, we could have at least beat Brazil if we had proper coaching.
                i agree..!! the coaching was horrendous..!!
                even a rookie HS coach would have called for a Time Out MUCH sooner than this guy when we were shaken and keep loosing the ball against the full court pressure..!! and it made no sense for hadadi to be always hovering around the premeter shooting 3s while his obvious place was to get under the basket to grab rebounds and pull defender off our outside shooters..!!

Comment

Omg Omg I Cant Believe We Won!! That Was Amazing!

Comment

A K was CLUTCH, CLUTCH.

but i agree with most of you with the coaching, im hoping we hold the ball more against the U.S. we need to keep the game short

Comment

a lot of flaws with the coaching of this team that's for sure but also the talent level of our guards is by far worst than a highschool team. i know in highschool, we broke presses so easily and never, not even against the best teams, let that many turnovers pile on top of one another!
                      also, its clear that the players don't have any basketball IQ on defense whatsoever. don't get fooled by haddadi's block numbers, he's had so many instances in this tournament that his defensive lapses hurt TM. Tomic from croatia absolutely ate him up with his midrange jumpshots. even today, there was a moment where hamed was in "no mans land", as in he didnt step up and hedge the defender nor did he cover the paint and basically was caught inbetween, which led to an easy feed in the paint for a dunk.

i hate to say this, but with the ball handling abilities of our guards, the US game will be VERY embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
                        A K was CLUTCH, CLUTCH.
                        no kidding. at least he is missing classes for a good reason!
                        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

can we just forfeit the US game?

tell them the whole team came down with some type of food poisoning

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                            no kidding. at least he is missing classes for a good reason!
                            haha right? this kid is going to come back to school and everyone asking him where he's been, "in turkey conquering, winning matches in the world cup"

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
                              haha right? this kid is going to come back to school and everyone asking him where he's been, "in turkey conquering, winning matches in the world cup"
                              playing in the worlds against Kevin Durant and Lamar Odom! Thats something his teammates will be very jealous of.

He was part of history today and he was the guy who did it!

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                                can we just forfeit the US game?

tell them the whole team came down with some type of food poisoning
                                Or we can let the Palistine basketball team play instead of us. Then when Palistine win american basketball will be shocked!
                                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                                X