Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The greatest ever national team not to win the world cup

Brazil 1982 .. simple as that.

I was 18 years old when the event took place and I was heart-broken when they lost to Italy 3-2 and eventually eliminated from the games. I still clearly remember when Zico was fauled by Gentile in the 18 yard - a clear penalty missed by the ref. He pulled Zico's shirt so desperately that it got torn. The ref was there but he didn't call it. A draw would have sent Brazil through to the semis. They were by far the best team in the tournament, scoring 15 goals in just 5 matches.

I know there has been a lot of hypes about the Brazil of 1970, but many believe this team is the greatest ever football team.

Here's a MUST-SEE highlight video of that team, led by Tele Santana who passed away a few years ago. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE not to fall in love with this team after seeing this video.

The last two goals in this video were scored against Rinat Dasayev of Soviet Union , one of the best goal keepers of all time. Just watch how he was mesmorized by Eder's goal - a stunning display of pure Brazilian magic. I have not seen many goals more beautiful than this one.

ENJOY

مائیم و می و مطرب و این کنج خراب --- جان و دل و جام و جامه در رهن شراب --- فارق ز امید رحمت و بیم عذاب --- آسوده ز خاک و باد و از آتش و آب ----- حکیم عمر خیام

It was rigged, just like every other football tournament.

Comment

I disgree.The hungary team of 54 and Holland of the 70s were much better teams compared to the rest of the competition. Brazi after winning the 70 WC always underachived for quarter of a century but they never really that good. Just had good players
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

many teams can fall in that category, italy 90 and 94 for me, holland of 70s and hungary during puskas time also

Comment

me just agrees!
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Iran 2010.

Comment

next WC you'll see the best version of brazil. mark my words

Comment

hungary 1954. pushkas ,kocisis no doubt they were the best not to win a world cup. i just bought a pushkas shirt too. its brilliant

Comment

Croatia 98 w/ Davor Suker and Mario Stanic

They were eliminated by France in the semifinal 2-1 and both goals were huge mistakes by defenders. If it wasn't in France they would have won.

Games:
                  Jamaica 1 - 3 Croatia
                  Japan 0 - 1 Croatia
                  Argentina 1 - 0 Croatia
                  Romania 0 - 1 Croatia
                  Germany 0 - 3 Croatia
                  France 2 - 1 Croatia
                  Netherlands 1 - 2 Croatia
                  راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

2002 South Korea w/ refs and inside guys

i liked Italy's 94 side and Brazil's 98 too..maybe not the greatest but awesome sides
                    Go Cows!

Comment

By far...the greatest power,never to have won the world cup is : Holland !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AFRkQbXedo

Comment

Holland 1974 and perhaps '78.
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                          Iran 2010.
                          LOL beat me to it

Comment

Argentina 2010

ok they werent the best team, but fuk if they won it would be legendary!
                            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                            Villa + Messi =

Comment

Working...
                            X