How would you react if Qatar was given the right to host the 2022 world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    A country whose team sucks so bad that it has never qualified for the World Cup regardless of how many Argentines, Brazilians, Uruguans or camels it has included in its starting 11 should never be permitted to buy its way in the World Cup as a result of its facilities.
    Thats an interesting point.
    After 80 years of WC I think by now, every country has had many opportunities to qualify for at least ONE WC. If one hasn't, they shouldnt be able to qualify for hosting either.
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

^^

I agree with the appearance rule, and if Qatar was awarded the games I wouldlnt care/mind for the most part but during the WC the media likes to highlight/market the football culture of the host nation..not much to work with in Qatar

Id like to see Italy or USA host one in the future among others
      Go Cows!

Comment

It is freaking hot in Qatar during the summer. You can play the games during night time, but teams still need to practice during the day........ unless they manage to build closed-roof air-conditioned stadiums.

Comment

^ isn't more hot in Brazil and yet then have the next worldcup over there !
          sigpic

Comment

We have already discussed this at length.

The conclusion of the intelligent members here was that gifting a free allocation to Qatar would be a tragic waste of a WC slot, no matter how funny it would be to watch the grassrollers lose all three games 8-0.

Comment

Didn't FIFA do away with the rule that the host nation automatically qualifies? I thought I remember hearing that this would be the last world cup where the host nation would qualify. If that is not the case, Qatar has no business hosting a world cup.
              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post
                Didn't FIFA do away with the rule that the host nation automatically qualifies? I thought I remember hearing that this would be the last world cup where the host nation would qualify. If that is not the case, Qatar has no business hosting a world cup.
                No, that's for the defending champion.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                  The World Cup is held during Brazil's winter.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

World Cup , has been in Europe for far too often !!
                    I am tired of aristocratic nature of European World cups !!
                    Football belongs to the people of the world.....

The only Semi-eropean country I like to see the world cup in , is : TURKEY !

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                      Qatar is like the sauna in June or July.

Comment

I wouldnt mind it being in qatar because there would be alot of iranian fans but i rather it be in u.s cuz it would be closer to me so i could go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                          We have already discussed this at length.
                          The conclusion of the intelligent members here was that gifting a free allocation to Qatar would be a tragic waste of a WC slot, no matter how funny it would be to watch the grassrollers lose all three games 8-0.
                          lol

Comment

Qatar is going to have custom designed stadiums which lower the temperature inside by 10 degrees or more.
                            The positives of a world cup in Qatar would be that they would spare no expense. The stadiums would be amazing, it would be easy to get around and travel, close to Iran so lots of Iranian fans can show up...
                            The negatives: Qatar would get an automatic spot, it would not be sustainable economically, socially or environmentally; also there is a huge bias against most Middle Eastern countries.

All in all I think they would be capable hosts, just a shame their national team would have to be there as well.

Comment

They should give it to Morocco who got screwed when they gave it to South Africa.
                              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by MoJo View Post
                                unless they manage to build closed-roof air-conditioned stadiums.
                                That's what the chairmen of the Qatar bid team said they would do.
                                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                                X