No announcement yet.

How would you react if Qatar was given the right to host the 2022 world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, while some of us (including myself) oppose qatar hosting a World Cup due to their inability to qualify on their own, however, all of us are opposed to them using the World Cup as a stage to advertise a false name for the Persian Gulf (which they are certain to do). I'm also of the Persian Gulf page of Facebook. If I see the wrong term used anywhere I always take action. In fact if you check the football board you'll see how I succeeded in making ESPN edit an article and use the correct term.
    That being said, I doubt I will ever set foot (voluntarily) on any of the arab countries of the Persian Gulf, however, if you ever in my neck of the woods let me know and we'll go out for a ghelyoon and drink and afterwards we'll dance the macarena together.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Look, while some of us (including myself) oppose qatar hosting a World Cup due to their inability to qualify on their own, however, all of us are opposed to them using the World Cup as a stage to advertise a false name for the Persian Gulf (which they are certain to do). I'm also of the Persian Gulf page of Facebook. If I see the wrong term used anywhere I always take action. In fact if you check the football board you'll see how I succeeded in making ESPN edit an article and use the correct term.
      That being said, I doubt I will ever set foot (voluntarily) on any of the arab countries of the Persian Gulf, however, if you ever in my neck of the woods let me know and we'll go out for a ghelyoon and drink and afterwards we'll dance the macarena together.
      Let me tell you about the americans. I'm not sure 2-3 years ago national geographic changed the name, then got kicked out (can't remember), CNN uses GULF only on lots of programs, day bay day they do things just to piss us off & test the regime. For sure they wouldn't dare 32 years ago. After the revolution we lost a lot of respect from the world, & clown leaders we had since then never helped. But the people are still strong I mean look at TM, you think the FA made the players that good & competing with asias best? Its just purely our talent. That's the same with everything else there. One day it'll change & we'll not be embarrassed of saying I'm Iranian. I'm not, actually geordies like us but all my mate hate ghurmeh sanzi! Don't know why? Softys.

Anyway, come to the Toon if you love football. Specially if we are playing a top team, watch strippers, lots of beer, then St James Park, get beat 4-0 then drown our sorrows in more beer. End the night in a restaurant called taste of persia for some kobede sandwiches on the way home.
      ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by roy View Post
        You don't know me. I'm a KAVIANI, the purest of pure. 100% persian. God only knows what dahati village you & mcoy are from.
        I'm realistic. Go spread the words on people who don't know. The tape is old.
        Is that's what you are doing is pride? Yalla baba
        I'm out.
        Are you saying Im not persian? That I find extremely disrespectful for one Iranian to say to another. I dont have to prove a thing as I know myself I am Iranian.
        Now, lets look at this from a rational point. The only reason I even responded, as I was enjoying you and KC's back-n-4th tennis match was that you began to profusely defend Qatar. Ok, I know you live there, good. I know youd love to walk 10 min to watch a WC match, thats fine. However, to want a country who will slander a cultural, historical, and meaningful geographical body, the Persian gulf, to host the most important footballing tourney, that I dont support. I just want you to clearly understand where I am coming from.
        Also, I really did not appreciate you insulting me and saying my family is dahati. Please dont say such things to other Iranians int he future.

Comment

roy,

just a curious question, do u or any iranians there or in dubai ever get into fights with people using A-gulf ?? or do any iranians walk around with for example PERSIAN gulf t-shirts?

Comment

First of all I'm sorry if I insulted anyone & you brother Abbas.

Secondly, a lot of the iranians there ran away after the revolution & had family threats back home for supporting the Shah!

Ekbatan, no, I've never seen anyone wearing a persian gulf shirt but once we had a banner up, it was 1997 for the 98WC. No one said anything then. Maybe coz Qatar beat us 2-0! Or they just couldn't be bothered (lot of the police are iranian anyway). 1 month later half of the country was out celebrating with us after the 2-2 in melburn. Then in june after the 2-1 v the US.

Don't label the people, we get labelled as terrorists & all sorts too. Are we? No. We just have some ****s sucking the blood of our people and destroying the country and making me suffer in airports.

By the way, there are 20-30000 iranians living in qatar plus the qatari/ iranians. Expect huge support in january.
            ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

I heared from the the news that Qatar is to small to host a World Cup Lol...
              Last edited by IranPowned; 09-16-2010, 12:11 PM. Reason: fault

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
                I heared from the the news that Qatar is to small to host a World Cup Lol...

Yes they are, FIFA usually want a country that can have 6-8 not sure the exact number of towns that people can travel to, Qatar has probably only 2 cities that can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  Yes they are, FIFA usually want a country that can have 6-8 not sure the exact number of towns that people can travel to, Qatar has probably only 2 cities that can do that.
                  So they gonna say goodbye to their World Cup:P?

Comment

Working...
                  X