Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barcelona the most popular football club in Europe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcelona the most popular football club in Europe.

Sport+Markt, a Germany-based research and consultancy company in international sport business, recently released the third edition of “Football Top 20″, a report that “analyses the popularity of domestic and international top football clubs in 17 European countries“. The company’s official site said that “over 10,200 football fans aged 16 to 69 years were interviewed” for the study. The result declared FC Barcelona as the most popular football club in Europe. With 57.8 million fans, the reigning La Liga champion is way ahead of its nemesis Real Madrid, which finished second. Real Madrid, in fact, is one of the biggest losers having gone from 48.6 million fans in 2005-06 to 31 million in 2009-10.

The study also mentioned that 29 per cent of Spanish football fans are supporters of FC Barcelona. In numbers, the report said that there are about 5.5. million Cules in Spain. ”Football Top 20″ highlighted FC Barcelona’s superlative performances in the last five years as one of the reasons for its growing fanbase. The Catalan club may not have won the UEFA Champions League last year but that didn’t dissuade more fans to root for the club with the most attractive style and stars like Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta. In 2008-09, the club had 44.1 million fans which rose to 57.8 in the last season.
    Top five clubs
    1.FC Barcelona 57.8 Million
    2.Real Madrid 31.3
    3.Man Utd 30.6
    4.Chelsea FC 21.4
    5.Bayern Munich 20.7

Source: www.sportundmarkt.com

GRACIAS PEP

who gives a damn

Comment

Perhaps in Europe but world wide I still think Man U is the most popular team. Take my American friends who don't even watch the world cup. Even they know about Man U.

Comment

nice. my 5 teams are in the top 14 with 4 of them in the top 8!
        ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
        Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
        Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
        forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by I Walk Alone View Post
          who gives a damn

Who the **** gives a damn wat the USA is thinking?
          That's no market.

Comment

Working...
          X