Bundesliga 2010-2011 Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundesliga 2010-2011 Updates

Schalke 04 are rock buttom after losing the first four games of the current season, while Mainz 05 at the very top having won all four thus far. Meanwhile Felix Magath is under some serious pressure to turn things around at the club:

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/S...r-fire-magath/

Other squads not doing well right now are the defending champs Bayern Muenchen. On the other hand it appears that Borussia Dortmund will have another good season.

Please post all updates and discussions about the current Bundesliga matches in this thread, so we can keep everything centralized.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

local australian tv here covers 2-3 bundesliga and serieA game each week so I got time to see them. I must say though bundesliga is a different planet to SerieA!! The italian games are boring, so many tackles/fouls, no real excitment, however bundesliga games are really entertaining with huge crowds too (I know tickets are much cheaper in germany).
    heaard schalke is failing hard after spending lots of money? why would they waste their money on raul ? rofl

next game against bayern v mainz will be covered

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

my favourite league, love how its not always Bayern winning the crown every year..rooting for Frankfurt!
      Go Cows!

Comment

Is it safe to say that Bundesliga is now better than Serie A?

Comment

^
          easily. SerieA is worse than Argentinian and French league!

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Bayern has been awful so far.

Comment

You can see the list of current top Bundesliga goal scorers on this page:

http://www.soccerway.com/national/ge...egular-season/

Most of them are from other countries.

By the way Mainz 05 doing fantastic winning all of their first 6 games!
              sigpic

Comment

Saw Mainz against Bayern, they played amazing. No wonder they are league leaders.
                The guy who scored the winner with a great goal is from real madrid's B team lol
                Didnt know Mario Gomez is bundesliga highest paid player ever lol and he is warming the bench.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                  ^
                  easily. SerieA is worse than Argentinian and French league!

Comment

Actually, there is great parity, which I am pleased with, for the first time in a looong time in the Serie A, thanks to Mourinho's departure and much better mid-table and lower table teams. More competition than Premier League or La Liga in the Serie A- if you guys noticed, a lot more intra-League loans too (can this have something to do with the parity?).

Comment

Mainz win their 7th straight at the start of the Bundesliga!

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/O...sliga-victory/

In other news: Ballack still out will knee injury. Germany is playing Turkey on Friday in Euro 2012 qualifiers, match day 3.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is a quick Germany update:

October 7, 2010

BERLIN (AFP) - Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil insists he will feel no split loyalties when his team take on Turkey in Friday's key Euro 2012 qualifier in Group A.

The 21-year-old is German born and bred of Turkish parents, but opted to play for the country of his birth, first wearing the Germany shirt in February 2009.

Some outstanding performances at the World Cup earned him a multi-million euros transfer to Real Madrid and Ozil says he will have no problem playing against the country of his ancestors on Friday.

"This is obviously a very special game. I am looking forward to playing against my friends," said Ozil, a former Schalke 04 team-mate of Turkey midfielder Hamit Altintop.

"Our goal is to take another step closer to the European Championships."

Around 30,000 Turkey supporters are expected in Berlin's Olympic Stadium as 1.66 million Turks and 700,000 Germans of Turkish origin live in Germany.

Ozil speaks fluent Turkish and is proud of his roots, but just as proud to wear the white shirt of Germany.

"I'm from the third generation born here, I grew up here and feel very comfortable," he said.

"I'm proud of my country. For me, no other nation would do."

With both sides having won their opening qualifiers, security will be tight for the match and Ozil says Germany can ill afford to underestimate Turkey.

The Turks have already beaten Kazakhstan and Belgium in Group A last month, while Germany beat Belgium in Brussels and Azerbaijan at home.

"They are technically gifted and strong as a team. They also have a very good coach in Guus Hiddink," said Ozil who praised Dortmund midfielder Nuri Sahin.

"Nuri is a class act, he has developed very well."

Turkey will be without playmaker Arda Turan after the Galatasary star picked up a groin injury in training.

The 23-year-old left winger is expected to be out for up to eight weeks.

Likewise Germany will be without chief midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger after he damaged ankle ligaments playing for Bayern Munich last week.

The national side are already missing captain, and knee-injury victim, Michael Ballack for the match and the team will be led by Bayern defender Philipp Lahm, also skipper at the World Cup.

"We have always managed to compensate for injuries such as that of Michael Ballack before the World Cup," team manager Oliver Bierhoff said.

"But it will make things difficult against Turkey as a good midfield partnership has been torn apart.

"Schweinsteiger, alongside (Real Madrid's Sami) Khedira really played well at the World Cup."

Although none of his strikers are in form, Germany coach Joachim Loew is expected to put his faith in Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, despite the pair under-performing in the Bundesliga this season.

Klose and Podolski rarely fail to play well for the national side: Podolski, 25, has already won 81 caps for his country and scored 41 goals, while Klose, 32, has scored 55 goals for his country and won 103 caps.
                        sigpic

Comment

lol Mario Gomez scored 3 goals!!

Also anyone saw the incident between Nuri Sahin and Podolski?

OWNED
                          Last edited by Nariman; 10-19-2010, 08:13 AM.
                          Formerly known as Persianking!
                          Follow me @
                          instagram/iranscout
                          instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

^
                            PK do you mind explaining what happened there?

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                              ^
                              PK do you mind explaining what happened there?
                              Formerly known as Persianking!
                              Follow me @
                              instagram/iranscout
                              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Working...
                              X