Hamed Haddadi - NBA 2010/2011 Season [Official Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
    i only got to watch the first half which hamed did not play too well in.
    he was very weak defensively, he was having a lot of trouble keeping up with deandre jordan and blake griffin. he couldnt contain them, therefore he had to rely on the help defense down low from darrell arthur or sam young dropping to the paint to help when they would blow by him. i wasnt too impressed.
    i also would like to see him get more than 3 boards in 13 minuets or whatever amount he played. for a 7'2 guy...3 boards is inexcusable under any circumstances. hope he goes back to playing the way he did when he first started getting minuets
    Trust me he did good. First half was a disaster for grizz none of them played good. He got 3 boards cuz thats all he could. Clippers didnt miss many shots or the rebs wouldnt come his way. U gotta look at other rebs of the team too to make that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
      i only got to watch the first half which hamed did not play too well in.
      he was very weak defensively, he was having a lot of trouble keeping up with deandre jordan and blake griffin. he couldnt contain them, therefore he had to rely on the help defense down low from darrell arthur or sam young dropping to the paint to help when they would blow by him. i wasnt too impressed.
      i also would like to see him get more than 3 boards in 13 minuets or whatever amount he played. for a 7'2 guy...3 boards is inexcusable under any circumstances. hope he goes back to playing the way he did when he first started getting minuets
      it's worst when Bargnani gets that in 35+ minutes of action

but yes i did expect him to get a few more from watching first half last night and the second half today. I agree with the comment you made on his defensive abilities he looked really out of place.

for the people who say hamed deserves more PT and what not, his offensive abilities aren't being questioned at all, it's his defensive abilities and court awareness off the ball (defensively and offensively) including his off-ball awareness.

MANY TIMES, Haddadi had problems with help defense and neither committing to help or sticking to his man, which ended up his man getting a pass and scoring. Also, I cannot count the number of times where on offense he positioned himself poorly when his teammates drove in the lane!! He needs to do a better job of analyzing his teammates movements and finding gaps to move to, as many times he would clog up an area.

Grizz first game is on sunday, hopefully we see Hamed get some PT!
      Last edited by Behzad12; 04-14-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I think all of these problems or at least most of them can be solved as he gets more playing time and experience
        sigpic

Comment

I doubt Haddadi will play many (or even any) minutes in the playoffs.

I think the reason Hollins let him play more minutes in the final games of the regular season was because of him not playing Haddadi anymore at this stage (of course resting the starters as well). I dont think he's very confident in Haddadi, he mostly puts him in when there is nothing to play for.

Comment

well he was in for about 30 seconds and, um, lets just say it couldve gone better lol.
            It looks worst than it was, cuz it looked like hollins took him out because he was bad, but i think it was more to do with blair coming out

Comment

hamed just got in for 52 seconds, a turnover on offence and AWFUL rotation on the defensive end, causing timmy D to have an easy dunk.

Basically like i said before, hamed doesn't play because "Haddadi had problems with help defense and neither committing to help or sticking to his man, which ended up his man getting a pass and scoring" and we saw that happen exactly now.

Comment

he just traveled after conley lost the ball and he fought for it. you cant prove shit in half a min.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                  hamed just got in for 52 seconds, a turnover on offence and AWFUL rotation on the defensive end, causing timmy D to have an easy dunk.
                  Basically like i said before, hamed doesn't play because "Haddadi had problems with help defense and neither committing to help or sticking to his man, which ended up his man getting a pass and scoring" and we saw that happen exactly now.
                  Not defending Hamed but Duncan was Gasol's assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                    Not defending Hamed but Duncan was Gasol's assignment.
                    that's true, but hamed left blair opened, and after blair got the ball gasol rotated and got a block. hamed went to cover duncan but as soon as the block happened he rotated BACK to blair, and left duncan wide open for the dunk.

that is why Hollins was furious at him and took him off.

Comment

ooooooooooo u guys are way too harsh on hamed. LOL relax..it was like 2 possessions, the travel was him fighting for take the ball away and the duncan dunk was not his fault so much, the ball bounced off him to the backboard and gasol shoulda been on duncan. The thing is this is the first time all season hollins put in hamed and gasol together, it was stupid, u dont try something u've never done in the playoffs hollins just realized he made a mistake and took him out, it was at hamed's expense though

Comment

I am just excited to see Hamed in the playoffs. Wish they hadn't tanked games to avoid the lakers. Would have been fun watching him going against bynum and odom
                        ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                        Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                        Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                        forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

what a win by grizzlies haha

Comment

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/th...and-notes.html

Griz coach Lionel Hollins tried a Marc Gasol/ Hamed Haddadi front line with seven minutes left in the second quarter. That didn't last long. Haddadi got a quick hook, and Hollins told him why as he walked toward the bench.

"You've got to rebound," Hollins said. "That's why I put you in the game."

Comment

52 seconds
                              what a baller

Comment

First ever playoff win in franchise history for Memphis lol !
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X