Ronaldinho back in Selecao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronaldinho back in Selecao

Milan playmaker Ronaldinho earns international recall from Brazil coach Mano Menezes for friendly against Argentina.

Brazil coach Mano Menezes has handed a surprise recall to Milan playmaker Ronaldinho, as he announced his 23-man squad for the friendly against Argentina next month.

The former Barcelona star last featured for the Selecao in April 2009 in a World Cup qualifying match against Peru, and afterwards was frozen out by then-coach Dunga, who opted not to select him in the World Cup squad bound for South Africa.

However, the 30-year-old has been handed the opportunity to add to his 87 caps for his nation by Menezes, alongside club team-mates Robinho and Alexandre Pato.

In an experimental selection by the Gremio and Corinthians boss, Manchester United youngster Rafael earns a call-up, as does Tottenham Hotspur's Sandro.

The squad list in full for the friendly versus Argentina on November 17:

Goalkeepers: Victor (Gremio) Jeferson (Botafogo), Neto (Atletico-PR)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Rafael (Manchester United), Adriano Correa (Barcelona), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Thiago Silva (Milan), David Luiz (Benfica)
    Alex Costa (Chelsea), Rever (Atletico-MG)

Midfielders: Lucas (Liverpool), Ramires (Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Jucilei (Corinthians), Douglas (Gremio), Philippe Coutinho (Inter), Ronaldinho Gaucho (Milan), Elias (Corinthians)

Forwards: Robinho (Milan), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Andre (Dinamo Kiev), Neymar (Santos)

goal.com

nice nice , yeaaah ronaldinho come on

wow
    Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

can u guys find a link that shows all of FIFA international dates? i cant find it thru their stupid website

Comment

^
        http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/index.html

Good to see Ronnie back in the national team. He is an artist and deserves to be in the squad, even if he at times might not qualify for the starting lineup.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
        And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

I like this new coach mano menezes, he's giving everyone equal chances. dunga was a good coach by having a grip on the team but he wasnt a good player selector. he left out some really good players for the world cup and thats what went wrong with brazil.
          sigpicPrepare For Glory!

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
            ^
            http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/index.html

Good to see Ronnie back in the national team. He is an artist and deserves to be in the squad, even if he at times might not qualify for the starting lineup.

thanx, i tired repping u but it said ur already too popular

Comment

nice to see, i figured they could have used him in the WC last year, I mean..he was the Serie A assist leader last year, and that should have warranted him a spot over someone like Kleberson

either way, good to see him back
              Go Cows!

Comment

yess, I wanted him against Iran.

haha now u guys see this is brasils new and STRONG team.
                b-team my ass.

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                CITY

Comment

Working...
                X