Adel Taarabt,21 taking the steps that Ali Karimi didnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adel Taarabt,21 taking the steps that Ali Karimi didnt

If you know by know the 21 year old magician of Morocoo is taking English football by storm he couldnt make the grade at Tottenham but didnt give up and joined QPR In the Summer he has been a revelation assisting and scoring in nearly every game His value has now rocketed and is probably the best player in the championship. If only Ali Karimi took these steps instead of wasting his talent Much more to come rom Adel Taarabt

Just because you mention Karimi doesn't mean this should be in the FF.

Moved to the International Football forum.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

karimi would've never done that, he wasnt as aggressive or fast enough to move the ball up like that

karimi suffered from FEAR OF SUCCESS...its very common nowdays. He could've been one of the best but he didnt want to, he couldnt handle all the attention and pressure.

Comment

A lot of a footballers potential and talent is in his head. Those with bad/poor characters usually have sad endings - Lex Cassano. A fantastic player who could play in most top teams in Europe, but who is a maniac and therefore can't make it. He was even close to getting kicked out of Samp the other week.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
        And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

People talk about his failure from becoming what he could have become and blame injuries, lack of proper management, prejudice against Iranians by foreign coaches, etc.

However, the bitter truth is that his on and off the field problems are actually a symptom of a larger issue. Karimi's problem is that he simply did/does not enjoy playing football. Playing football is all he knows and is the only way of him making the kind of money that he is making. His personal manager has mentioned that a few times.

EDIT: I don't know much about this Adel, but what I do know is that having the goal of the year in a 2nd division league does not exactly make you a superstar in the making. It doesn't mean he wont be in a few years, but starting with lower division leagues and working your way up shouldn't exactly be a blueprint for success for every single player that is out there. Some players have the background, support, talent, work ethic and professionalism to make it straight to the big teams. Unfortunately, Karimi only had the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            karimi suffered from FEAR OF SUCCESS...its very common nowdays. He could've been one of the best but he didnt want to, he couldnt handle all the attention and pressure.

disagree 100%!

Karimi went for "$" than international fame.
            And I dont blame him for that. He made his legacy in Iran and Asia as one of the best players and thats it. He enjoys his life. More power to him.

PS: I am not a Ali Karimi fan, but disagree with "fear of success" comment on him.
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              disagree 100%!
              Karimi went for "$" than international fame.
              And I dont blame him for that. He made his legacy in Iran and Asia as one of the best players and thats it. He enjoys his life. More power to him.
              PS: I am not a Ali Karimi fan, but disagree with "fear of success" comment on him.

if he went for $ then he coulda tried to do better to make more $

Comment

if he went for $ then he coulda tried to do better to make more $
                he did more than enough $ and did not wanted to push himself.
                He said in an interview his salary at Bayern Munich was less than what he earned at Al Ahli...
                Thats why he rejected the athletico madrid offer at the age of 21 and went for "$".
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

People who always mention what Karimi could have achieved, forget to see what he DID achieve.., And that's probably more than any other Iranian ever will achieve.

Comment

karimi would've never done that, he wasnt as aggressive or fast enough to move the ball up like that

his shape in 2004 u seem to forget pal
                    Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

im sorry guys but everyone mentions karimi's few good games he had in his career but that doesnt justify a great career. He made a name for himself in the national team, not club level, cuz he played in al soorakh league, went to bayern, started off well but then gave up on trying so he got side lined. He didnt bother to learn german or get along with players, he was to himself and didnt wanna get involved in the team. Magath was nice to him to even play him here and there in his 2nd year.

I really dont understand the logic of him not liking football or whatever, khob chi doost dasht? computer, movies, dokhtar bazi, ghaza pokhtan? akhe it makes no sense, ur good at something, u get paid, u got so much hype, everyone is behind u and ur like MEH IM NOT THAT INTERESTED? thats a clear sign of either fear of success or lack of confidence.....baba u want money, play a little harder and u will be better and u get paid more money....its like if u sell a product and make money but instead of buying more of that product to sell more and make more money u say....na im done, i made enough money i think ill just quit now it just doesnt make sense

Comment

This guy is 21 years old, at 21 Karimi was suspended for kicking the ref.

Comment

Working...
                        X