Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arsalan Kazemi - NCAA Basketball (2010-2011 season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsalan Kazemi - NCAA Basketball (2010-2011 season)

If Hamed Haddadi has his own thread then so should Arsalan (Rice University)the bright future of Iran Basketball. I had never seen him play until the worlds and I have to say I was very impressed with his bball IQ. Timely shots and smart decisions that resulted in him leading the group stage in number of steals were very impressive. Lets follow his progress here.

He clearly will be the first Iranian who will have an impact when playing in the NBA
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Keyan called me today to go watch the Rice game in the stadium but I have had some personal problems so I couldn't go. I just talked to him on the phone and he said Arsalan had 4 dunks!!

I let him provide the details when he can but the game report says he had a double double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

great stuff!

i would love to come to a BB game in the states one day.
      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
        Keyan called me today to go watch the Rice game in the stadium but I have had some personal problems so I couldn't go. I just talked to him on the phone and he said Arsalan had 4 dunks!!
        I let him provide the details when he can but the game report says he had a double double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.

He had 4 dunks, 2 of them were SUPERB. 1 of them was sad because he even got a technical foul for hangin on the rim for more than 3 seconds.. and he wasn't even show boating, he was avoiding injury upon landing. He's the most modest ball player on his team. If I had to compare his personality to any athlete, It would be Andre Johnson.

I will get the clips of his games and post here. It just might take a while. He is ranked 36th in the NCAA right now and he is only a sophomore and it's still the beginning of the season. He is becoming better and better every game. Mark my words.. This guy will be a first round pick when entering the draft (I used to think he was going to be a 2nd round pick in his senior year and at this rate.. I doubt It.). I don't care what you guys have to say "Rice this, Rice that.. Rice has a terrible rate of players going into the NBA" He is going to be a Hall of Famer of Rice University. plus theres ALOT of things I wish I could post here that I can't, behind the curtain offers from BIG schools (and no I'm not just referring to Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Syracuse) asking him to leave Rice and sit out a year.. But the kid is so loyal to his team. He is the future of Iranian Basketball.

And also, as some of you guys know, I'm the one that loads his youtube videos, Ardalan runs his fan site. I am terrible at editing videos.. I need someone I can send the clips to, mend them together with some nice music and upload them onto Youtube. Give me til January to get them

Comment

thanx for the update keyan, i look forward to the videos

ya it makes no sense for him to sit out just so that the big teams might play him, screw them, our athletes never get love from these teams anyway, he should stay at rice and be the first player from the school to make NBA, i believe they've never had an NBA player

but i noticed other day he was saying something on his facebook about not being into basketball and its not fun and all that....what was that about? sounded like he's going thru some depression

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            thanx for the update keyan, i look forward to the videos

ya it makes no sense for him to sit out just so that the big teams might play him, screw them, our athletes never get love from these teams anyway, he should stay at rice and be the first player from the school to make NBA, i believe they've never had an NBA player

but i noticed other day he was saying something on his facebook about not being into basketball and its not fun and all that....what was that about? sounded like he's going thru some depression

No prob bro,

The coach has been playing him as a center the last two games.. and It has been bothering him.. he doesnt want to be a center for the team the entire season @ only 6' 8'' (and this is all mainly because of his high rebound ability). The crazy thing is.. he still gets double doubles.. but he's not happy and he told the entire staff. If he continues to play as a center.. It just sorta taints his chances of getting in the league. Another thing that bothers him, He was prepared and trained to guard one player.. and during the game the coach changes everything around and tells him to guard this 6' 5 guy who is much quicker.. but it was kinda amazing, arsalan was still tearing this guy up on defense.. but at the same time this guy was moving all over the place which was wearing arsalan down on offense.

Comment

On his facebook page he said that he has lost his love for basketball but has come to far to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
                No prob bro,
                The coach has been playing him as a center the last two games.. and It has been bothering him.. he doesnt want to be a center for the team the entire season @ only 6' 8'' (and this is all mainly because of his high rebound ability). The crazy thing is.. he still gets double doubles.. but he's not happy and he told the entire staff. If he continues to play as a center.. It just sorta taints his chances of getting in the league. Another thing that bothers him, He was prepared and trained to guard one player.. and during the game the coach changes everything around and tells him to guard this 6' 5 guy who is much quicker.. but it was kinda amazing, arsalan was still tearing this guy up on defense.. but at the same time this guy was moving all over the place which was wearing arsalan down on offense.

damn ok that makes sense, no coach should play their players in a position they're not used to. The coach seems to be desperate so he only cares about his job and his team winning..so he sees arsalan can play that kinda game so he puts him there. He should continue voicing his opinion

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                  On his facebook page he said that he has lost his love for basketball but has come to far to quit.
                  read what keyan wrote, thats why he's been unhappy

Comment

Good on him.
                    He seems like a bache mosbat and down to earth, so I think that will help him in his career.

Comment

He should probably read this (if he hasn't already) to gain an idea of what scouts think of him currently, and what aspects of his game he needs to improve on if he wants to be an NBA player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...n-Kazemi-5665/

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
                        He should probably read this (if he hasn't already) to gain an idea of what scouts think of him currently, and what aspects of his game he needs to improve on if he wants to be an NBA player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...n-Kazemi-5665/
                        He already has. All of us have.. They are sorta off on certain aspects, him losing the ball is out of the question.. the guy can almost move the ball down the court like a giant point guard.

There is a scout at every other home game of Arsalans, just to let you know (insider info) Arsalan is on top of the list of scouts of Texas
                        The draftexpress bull shit is all BS. It's all about getting into the league

Comment

RICE had one of their biggest games of the season this weekend against TEXAS LONGHORNS, they barely lost last min.

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-bas...112710aaa.html

"Arsalan Kazemi scored 13 points for Rice (3-3). His two free throws with 55 seconds left had pulled the Owls within 58-57."

keyan, Give us the inside scoop, i think u were at the game (?)

Comment

Nice stats.
                            Attached Files

Comment

yeah i was at the game, arsalan was really dissapointed in the stats. they only lost by 3 points. surprisingly there were a bunch of iranians at the game and there were quite a few there screamin out arsalans name..

in my opinion he played good, but not to his full potential. he has scouts looking at him at these big games and he has to deliver the best statistics. at the end of the night, he was dissapointed thats all i can say (despite beating down texas and being the best player on his team, he appeared to be the best player between both the teams) arsalan believes he could of won that game for rice and make history.. which he definitely could of.. he was distributing the ball all over the place, kind of like a giant point guard.. that is why their PG, tamir jackson was able to get so many points.

Comment

Working...
                              X