Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arsalan Kazemi - NCAA Basketball (2010-2011 season)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sp...ice-861164.php

Last night Arsalan put Rice University on his back and carried them, in a historic win. He brought them back from being down 10 points. Arsalan drove to the basket non stop rather than passing it around as much, fouled left and right, double teamed. One of the greatest performances I've ever whitnessed by him.

24 points, 11 rebounds, 5/5 from the field by our boy AK

The Cardinals limited Rice (4-4) to 36 percent shooting in the first half but let the Owls score on 63.6 percent of its shots in the second. Rice's Arsalan Kazemi, a 6-foot-7 sophomore, caused the most problems.

Most of his 24 points came from the free throw line, as he made 14 of 18 foul shots and put many Lamar players in foul trouble.

Charlie Harper, Lamar's 6-5 junior who ended with 16 points and nine rebounds, played most of the last 10 minutes with four fouls and fouled out with 21.4 seconds left as Kazemi sank his final two free throws to put Rice up 73-71.

(btw, arsalan is not 6 foot 7.. he's 6' 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
      http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sp...ice-861164.php

Last night Arsalan put Rice University on his back and carried them, in a historic win. He brought them back from being down 10 points. Arsalan drove to the basket non stop rather than passing it around as much, fouled left and right, double teamed. One of the greatest performances I've ever whitnessed by him.

24 points, 11 rebounds, 5/5 from the field by our boy AK

The Cardinals limited Rice (4-4) to 36 percent shooting in the first half but let the Owls score on 63.6 percent of its shots in the second. Rice's Arsalan Kazemi, a 6-foot-7 sophomore, caused the most problems.

Most of his 24 points came from the free throw line, as he made 14 of 18 foul shots and put many Lamar players in foul trouble.

Charlie Harper, Lamar's 6-5 junior who ended with 16 points and nine rebounds, played most of the last 10 minutes with four fouls and fouled out with 21.4 seconds left as Kazemi sank his final two free throws to put Rice up 73-71.

(btw, arsalan is not 6 foot 7.. he's 6' 8)

Comment

how was their opponent lamar? are they high ranked?

he'll get noticed if he plays good teams

Comment

He was on voa today
          his average is a double double

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              how was their opponent lamar? are they high ranked?

he'll get noticed if he plays good teams
              Rice was down by 10 points, 37-27 at the break to a Cardinal team (now 4-4) that came into the game as one of the nation's leaders in scoring with a 90.7 per game average.

Comment

well done arsalan. keep it up

Comment

hell yea, this sounds great!

http://www.foxsportshouston.com/page...=366503&feedID

By MOISEKAPENDA BOWER
                  FOXSportsHouston.com

Rice coach Ben Braun wasn’t representing Franklin D. Roosevelt. Rice sophomores Arsalan Kazemi and Tamir Jackson weren’t the worrisome American public searching for answers during the Great Depression. But Friday night Braun invited Kazemi and Jackson to his home for dinner and discussion, a fireside chat if you will, designed to make an impact.

The scene reinforced the perception that Kazemi and Jackson, despite the presence of four seniors on the roster, represent team leadership. And the timing of the message Braun delivered couldn’t have been better coming on the heels of impassioned statements issued by Kazemi following the Owls’ dismal effort against Arizona on Wednesday night.

Arsalan and I had dinner (Friday) night and had a little chit-chat about that,” Braun said of Kazemi, who believed that several teammates were ‘scared’ of the Wildcats during an 84-57 drubbing. “If you know Arsalan he has no animosity and he has no disregard, disrespect for his teammates. I think he was trying to fire his teammates up; you noticed he never mentioned any names, and he could have.

Arsalan’s point was, hey, we’ve got to step up, and we’ve got a couple of guys that aren’t stepping up that could hurt our team. When you make those statements you’re going to get a lot of respect if you can step up and make tough plays.”

Kazemi wrote a check with his mouth Wednesday night and cashed it with his effort on Saturday, willing the Owls past Lamar 75-73 at Tudor Fieldhouse. Kazemi sent the Owls into the finals break with a spirited performance: a career-high 24 points and 11 rebounds for his fifth double-double on the season. When Lamar threatened to lay another whipping on the Owls – the Cardinals won in a 77-61 runaway last season in Beaumont – with an outstanding first-half shooting display, Kazemi kept the scuffling Owls close by scoring 14 of their 27 first-half points. When Rice finally mustered a charge following intermission, it was Kazemi who got the ball rolling with a series of key free throws.

What Kazemi did on Saturday went beyond his usual and entertaining whirling dervish act. He took just five shots but made each one. He set single-game career standards in free throws made (14) and attempted (18). He got knocked down several times and sprang to his feet with nary a glance at an official. Kazemi had a determined look in his eye that showed he meant business and planned to back up his harsh words.

“I don’t care how did I play, just when we came on the court we told each other that we do whatever it takes to win this game,” Kazemi said. “That was a really bad loss against Arizona; we didn’t play our best. We just wanted to show we were a great team.

“I really tried to be a leader. I tried to huddle up my team at every possession and talk to them. So I tried my best. I hope it works.”

Even if Kazemi took an on-court vow of silence, the example of leadership and fearlessness he set with his play was more than sufficient. The 18 trips to the charity stripe revealed his aggression, and the five field goal attempts displayed his willingness to keep his teammates involved. Kazemi blocked a shot and recorded a steal and those stats, combined with eight defensive rebounds, showed drive on both sides of the court.

Kazemi could have opted to not say a word and yet still be loudly heard.

“Leadership is not about talk, it’s about action,” Braun said. “It’s about how you carry yourself, and the guys are going to follow the lead of the guys that play tough basketball and play unselfishly. Arsalan takes five shots and scores 24 points. That’s an amazing stat. I don’t know how many guys can do that.”

A guy anxious to play with the same passion with which he spoke following a difficult loss. The Owls’ first three losses came by a combined seven points, so their debacle against the Wildcats was representative of something Kazemi wanted no part of. He did not desire to see his teammates relent or cower of submit, even to a superior opponent. Perhaps he would have bitten his lip last season and swallowed his disappointment, but not on Wednesday. Kazemi earned the right to reveal what was on his heart, and three days later he played his heart out as proof his chatter wasn’t hollow. He was being sincere.

The reward for taking such an audacious leap of faith with his words? A satisfying win against a perplexing foe and a well-deserved broad smile.

“Oh my god you don’t know how happy I am right now,” Kazemi said. “This was our last game basically in that 24 days that we had eight games, so right now we can be a little bit relaxed for at least one day. And afterwards we will be happy because we finished it with a win.”

Comment

He said on voa that he is looking to enter the draft his junior year

Comment

fantastic news.
                      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

AK14 is the Tool, don't make him act a modafking fool..!
                        I only seen him play @ FIBA WChampionships & He was simply the most promising Iranian hoopster I've witness in action...!
                        I mostly love his Vigor & wining mental approach to the game combined with his well balanced decision making on the court..!
                        IMO, He could benefit from another year of college ball b4 entering the draft..!
                        Good luck to him

Comment

if he's that good by next year and raises interest of more scouts then he should enter the draft next year, if not he can stay til his senior year...does anyone know if lets say he enters next year and doesnt get picked he can still enter the year after again or not?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            if he's that good by next year and raises interest of more scouts then he should enter the draft next year, if not he can stay til his senior year...does anyone know if lets say he enters next year and doesnt get picked he can still enter the year after again or not?
                            I dont think there is a problem with that. Imagine he enters the draft and Grizzlies pick him

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't find a girlfriend for a very long time.

Comment

dameh Arsalan garm. He is making everyone so proud of him
                                ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                                Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                                Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                                midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                                forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                                Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X