Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xavi, Iniesta & Lionel Messi Make FIFA Ballon D'Or Podium

From Goal.com

French football magazine France Football has announced the names of the final three players who are in the running to win the FIFA Ballon D'Or for their performances in 2010.

It was revealed in a press conference that Barcelona trio Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi are the three players who are still in the race to lift the trophy during a ceremony in Zurich on January 10. The trio played a major role in Barcelona's Primera Division title in 2009-10.

Additionally, Iniesta helped Spain to 2010 World Cup glory in South Africa by netting the winner in the final against The Netherlands, while Xavi was a key player for La Furia Roja as well last summer.

Messi failed to lead Argentina to glory at the World Cup, but the versatile attacker impressed all season long with his outstanding performances for Barcelona.

Last year's Ballon D'Or was won by Messi, while Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo finished second. Xavi had to settle for third spot last term.

The news will be a bit of a blow for Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder. The Dutch international revealed earlier on Monday that he expected to be among the final three contenders for the trophy.

Furthermore, Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, former Inter gaffer Jose Mourinho and Spain chief Vicente del Bosque are the three coaches who are in the running for the Coach of the Year Award.

wow all barca players...haha

well deserved on all 3 of them, its a tough choice but i'd have to say XAVI

Comment

Xavi deserve it

Comment

mourinho and messi should win it!!

Comment

Messi will win it.

In 2008, Ronaldo had an average Euro 2008, and won it.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

wow Poor Sneijder, I cant believe after all that amazing performances for club and country he still didnt make it!
            I think his poor performances this season has turned the eyes off him, and people believe he was a "one season wonder".
            though Messi is undoubtly the best player but because Xavi and Iniesta won the world cup it has to be between those 2. I hope its Xavi, he deserves it.
            Can't wait for the picture of these 3 diamonds standing next to each other with their awards, it will be my new sig.

Mourinho will win the coach award, I dont think they want to have an all Spanish winners for awards and wont give it to Del Bosque.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

villa should sue

Comment

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Working...
                X