Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College football:Looks like Ohio State's quarterback Pryor is a prima donna

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/10/1...27&feedID=3724

I want to get Shahouman's reaction on this. After reading this article it seems like this guy is Maurice Clarette part 2(just not as extreme) but he does seem like a me first guy. I give him props for winning 3 straight big 10 championships(one co championship go State), but dam what a jerk.

Here is the actual article.

As difficult as it is to tackle Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor one on one in the open field, it’s even harder to shut him down whenever there’s a microphone or notepad in front of him.

Despite all the considerable efforts by Ohio State officials to restrict Pryor’s access or polish his public persona, he inevitably escapes and almost always causes a more eye-opening reaction with his words than his actions on the field.

Pryor is quite the gadfly on Twitter, taking aim at his critics via his account, @TPeezy2, as he did after the Buckeyes’ 20-17 victory at Iowa on Nov. 20.

“None of you haters could fill my shoes with 10 socks on. Bums,” he tweeted.

That post was deleted, as was another in which Pryor took issue with the analysis of ESPN’s ***k Herbstreit, whom TP called “a fake Buckeye” for daring to question the quarterback’s chippy sideline demeanor.

This week, Pryor sent OSU’s small army of NCAA rules compliance officials scrambling when he promised to give away two tickets to the Sugar Bowl on Twitter.

He since has been told he can’t do that, for fear it might compromise his eligibility should an agent or booster win the seats.

When he failed to make first- or second-team all-Big Ten, Pryor tweeted: “Damn. I must be the worst quarterback/player. I might quit football.”

While no doubt an irritant to Ohio State, Pryor’s Twitter missteps at least can be stricken from the record.

His ill-chosen words aren’t as easy to eradicate, and he let loose a stream of them this week to the Chicago Tribune.

Asked about how he would fare if operating an offense like Auburn’s Cameron Newton, Michigan’s Denard Robinson or Northwestern’s Dan Persa, Pryor told the Tribune:

I’ll put it like this: You put me in any of their offenses – any of them – and I’d dominate. I’d dominate the nation. What those guys do, that’s what they’re supposed to do in their offense. They carry the ball 30 times a game. I carry the ball maybe five times. There are times I didn’t even run the ball. You put me in any of their offenses, where I can run the ball and have a chance to throw, I would dominate college football.”Pryor obviously believes Ohio State’s offense is holding him back, which must drive Ohio State coach Jim Tressel crazy for an assortment of reasons.

First, Tressel abhors his players speaking candidly about what they could do if only they were given more opportunities to shine individually. Coaches in every team sport are funny that way.

Second, Tressel said earlier this year OSU’s best play was allowing Pryor to scramble and make something happen on the fly, so it’s not like the head man has handcuffed his quarterback.

Third, Pryor said when he came to Ohio State that the reason he rejected Michigan and Oregon was because he didn’t want to run the spread offense, but develop into an NFL quarterback.

What Pryor told the Tribune is a direct shot at his head coach and the Ohio State offensive staff. How could it be taken any differently, when Pryor emphasized three times that in “any” of the offenses in question he would “dominate" college football?

What Pryor campaigned for – making himself the focal point – is exactly what Ohio State has done virtually from the day he reported to campus.

Trouble is, it hasn’t worked as well as when he’s asked to do less and his teammates more.

Did Tressel not change OSU’s approach Pryor’s freshman year upon inserting him as the starter in the season’s fourth game?

Yes, he did, shelving the downfield passing game the Buckeyes featured with Todd Boeckman under center to go with shorter throws, roll-outs and plays with a run-pass option tailored to Pryor.

Did Tressel last year not put virtually the entire offense on Pryor’s abilities before he committed four turnovers in an inexplicable loss at Purdue?

Yes, he did, and when OSU reverted to a tailback-oriented offense thereafter, it became much more effective on offense.

Did Tressel this season not again try an all-TP-all-the-time approach until Ohio State lost at Wisconsin?

Getting opportunities to shine has never been Pryor’s problem. Delivering on those opportunities in big games, and taking personal responsibility when he doesn’t, has been the problem he’s so far unable to shake.

Pryor rushed 18 times for 56 yards at Wisconsin and went 14 of 28 passing for 156 yards and one interception. Those numbers almost exactly match his career average in games against ranked opponents.

The only time he’s produced a Newton-type performance on the big stage was in the Rose Bowl at the end of last season, when Pryor went 23 of 37 for 266 yards and two TDs and rushed for 72 yards on 20 carries. He was outstanding in that 26-17 victory over Oregon, which turned on a jump ball he threw up for grabs on the clinching touchdown drive that 6-foot-6 tight end Jake Ballard plucked out of the air for a 24-yard gain.

Ballard saved Pryor’s bacon on that play, just as Dane Sanzenbacher saved him numerous times on acrobatic catches this season.

Pryor seems to forget that the teammates he berates on the sideline when he throws an interception are the same guys who spare him turnovers from time to time.

He surely forgot that earlier this season upon stating his reasons for wanting to come back for his senior year.

“I’m a Buckeye until I break all the records,” Pryor said. “I want to leave a legacy here, maybe someday get my jersey hung up. That’s one of my goals, as well.”

Was there anything in there about winning a national championship? Anything at all that was team related?

Humility apparently is not in Pryor’s arsenal, but we knew that when Wisconsin administered a 31-18 beat down in Madison in October and Pryor said within the next week, “They weren’t better than us. Everybody knows that if we play nine out of 10 times, we’d beat Wisconsin.”

Only if they put ball in your hands, right, Terrelle?

What a jacka$$!

Comment

LOL i wonder how shah houman has to say, msu and osu dont is kind of like ss and pp

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
        LOL i wonder how shah houman has to say, msu and osu dont is kind of like ss and pp
        Well actually I would say Michigan and Ohio St is more like SS and PP. MSU and OSU is a friendly rivalry actually coach of Ohio State Jim Tressell and MSU coach Mark Dantonio are good friends. For MSU the PP/SS rivalry is with Michigan. Mark Dantonio was on Jim Tressel's staff and called an all out blitz on the last play against Miami to win a championship. Mark Dantonio actually has a similar coaching style to Jim Tressel win with defense, special teams, and on offense run the football and set up the PA Pass.

Both coaches actually took over their respected programs at a time of turmoil. For Jim Tressel he took over John Cooper and back then he would constantly get punked by Lloyd Carr of Michigan. In Ohio State one way to lose your coaching job is to lose to Michigan. He started out building Ohio State with three and four star recruits, and now they are getting the good recruits.

Mark Dantonio, like Tressel, took over MSU from John L Smith. Before Dantonio MSU was one of the worst Big 10 teams next to Indiana. Now we at least became co-big 10 champions, and I would like to add we KICKED WISCONSIN'S A$$. Anyways MSU is no longer a chump of a football team they can hold their own. I have a tremendous ammount of respect though for Jim Tressel, and when Ohio St is not playing against Michigan State I always want them to win.

I do want to hear though what our Buckeye friend has to say about Pryor though.

One thing I'm sure Shahouman would agree with me Mark Dantonio did deserve the coach of the year award from Rivals.com. MSU was predicted to finish 7th in the Big 10 and they weren't even ranked in the top 40 let alone the top 25. Ohio St was #2 before the season started so everyone expected them to be good, and Wisconsin was highly ranked as well. MSU, an unraked team, went 11-1 that is impressive in my book.

The only problem I have is with the BCS. I still can't understand why MSU and Wisconsin are both 11-1, MSU beat Wisconsin by 10(and it would of been more if MSU didn't turn it over 3 times), and Wisconsin is going to the rose bowl. Sorry UCONN at 8-4 who is unranked because they are a Big East champions get a BCS slot and MSU doesn't get an at large birth becuase they won't pick 3 big 10 schools to play in the BCS.

I think we can all agree on one thing WE WANT PLAYOFFS!

Comment

here's what i have to say: you wish you had him

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post
            It sounds like you are pardoning him for being a Prima Donna. If you read my posts I was giving mad props to Jim Tressel and Ohio St. Honestly I'm glad we don't have him I'll take a humble 3 star quarterback like ***k Cousins becasue at the end of the day both teams are Co-Big 10 champions, except we beat Wisconsin and you guys beat Iowa. He might be on the religous side but at least after wins he thank's his offensive line, running backs and team but when they lose he takes responsibility like the Iowa loss. He said that his three interceptions cost MSU the game he didn't say if we play Iowa 9 times otu of 10 we would beat them. Personally I don't think he's going to ammount to anything in teh NFL but hey if it makes you feel better I don't think Cam Newton is going to be anything special in the NFL either.

By the way you might not believe this but if Cousins get's a chance I think he will make a better NFL quarterback than Pryor because the NFl is a different game than college football. In the NFL you need someone who is a percision passer and Pryor is definately not that he is a scrambler. Cousins on the other hand might make mistakes like any other quarterbacks but he can deliver the ball right on the money. Guys like Pryor and Newton remind me of guys like Michael Vick all flash but no substance. NAME ME A SCRAMBLING QUARTERBACK WHO WON THE SUPER BOWL. If you want to say Drew Brees, I"ll say that he is the closest but Brees had precision accuracy when the Saints won. He completed 70% of his passes and threw for over 4300 yards, so in reality Brees won a Super Bowl because of his percision passing.

I'M NOT SURPRISED OHIO STATE FANS TURN A BLIND EYE WHEN THEIR PLAYERS DO SOMETHING WRONG. THAT IS WHY MOST OF THEM SUPPORTED THAT BUM CLARETTE UNTIL THE END. AT LEAST MSU FANS WERE TURNED OFF BY CHARLES RODGERS.

Comment

i'm an OSU fan, not an Auburn fan....you still wish you had him

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post

So now that Michigan fans are hiding in shame after 7 straight years of defeat, MSU fans ru peyda kardan ke harf bezanan?
                راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                  u mean michigan and osu?

I think the difference with this guy and other "primadonas" like clarrett, v young, and others is that what he is showing is ****iness as opposed to carelessness, which is much better for an athlete to be

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post

So now that Michigan fans are hiding in shame after 7 straight years of defeat, MSU fans ru peyda kardan ke harf bezanan?
                    Why are you taking shots at MSU? I was giving respect to Jim Tressel and Ohio State I was just saying this guy is ****y or overconfident. By the way OSU was predicted to finish #1 in the Big 10 and they were #2 overall. MSU was predicted to finish 7th in the Big 10 and they were not even in ranked, so who had the more successful season? Both teams are 11-1, both teams are co-big 10 champions the only difference we beat Wisconsin and you guys lost to them but you guys beat Iowa and we lost to them.

See you guys on the basketball court. Speaking of basketball we've been to 6 final fours in 11 years how about you guys?

nypimpofpersia34-I will give you this much you are correct I would rather have a ****y or overconfident athlete as opposed to a stupid athlete like say Jerimian Masouli(oregon qb who got kicked out for stealing computers) or Maurice Clarette or Vince Young. In that respect I would take Pryor.

Anyways Shahouman now it's time for big 10 unity good luck to Ohio St in their BCS game. I want Big 10 to have only one loss. GUESS WHICH TEAM I WANT TO LOSE he he he.

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman
                      or scam newton who steals laptops and puts his name on other people's exams...
                      Well, we made another BCS game. That's like making out with the drunk girl at the bar. Been there, dont that. MSU was preseason ranked whatever and tied for 1st, k00ngrats. How many IN A ROW was this for us?
                      I cheer for all Big Ten teams, including that team up north, for Big Ten love. Fck the $EC, fck scam newton. FedEx the hei$man back already ya cheat.
                      And now you're talkin bball? Ok, how about women's bball? And chess? And....
                      Well hey man this is new to us. By the way Ohio St going to another bcs game it's kind of like you guys get in good with the girl, make out with the girl, but something happens at the end where she doesn't want to sleep with you guys because you said or did something stupid to turn her off. For GOD SAKES MAN CLOSE THE DEAL THIS TIME AND GET HER IN THE SACK!

$cam Newton is a fraud I wonder how long will he keep his heisman? F**k the $EC I"m with you 100% man I hope Oregon beats the crap out of Auburn GO DUCKS! At least Pac 10 fans are tolerable and they have enough respect for B10 fans, unlike SEC fans who think we are a D2 league.

By the way the one team I want to lose is not that school up north it's actually Wisconsin becasue we smashed them 34-24 and had the same record, but they are going to the Rose Bowl because they lost earlier in the year to us than we did to Iowa. I say smashed because we gave up 3 turnovers in that game and still blasted them even Wisconsin fans were saying that they should of lost by more. Wisconsin seems to have problems with the MSU, TCU type teams aka teams that kind of play like them. The only difference is TCU has a duel threat qb. Still though since they are Big 10 I am going to swallow my pride and cheer for all B10 teams including Wisconsin, but I wouldn't mind if they lose.

Anyways for us I love how media is giving us no respect we are 10.5 point underdogs to Alabama and everyone and their mother is thinking this one is going to be a cake walk for Bama. Well as our coach Mark Dantonio always says, "Pride comes before the fall."

Comment

Working...
                      X