• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian-Iranian Player cant decide over Iran/Norway

This is from Norwegian media yesterday.

http://fotball.aftenposten.no/elites...icle187947.ece

I Google translated it.

- Start player playing for Iran's current A-team

Aram Khalili will consider playing for Iran if he gets a request from there.
    Aram Khalili does not rule out switching teams.

The 21-year-old striker was leased from Start to Swedish GAIS all of last season. According to the Swedish website fotbollskanalen.se the Iranian Football Federation has been in our neighboring countries to identify candidates for the A-team to Iran.

We are talking about players who were born in the country, or Iranian origin.

We follow the Start:

Latest news about the club here
    In that category falls Aram Khalili, who was born in the Kurdish part of Iran. The Khalili is a candidate is confirmed in the case of Kian Karam, who is an adviser to the Iranian Football Federation.

- They have tried to get me to play for Iran in the past, but it's a while ago. I have not heard anything lately, "said Khalili, who have more age-specific caps for Norway.

21-year-old would rather continue to play in red, white and blue.

- First and foremost I want to give everything for Norway, and I have a long-term goal to get on the A-team. It had been a dream, "says Khalili.

- Anyone involved in elite sport should aim to get on the best team, or so they should not have kept on with the sport, "he adds.

- What if there is a specific request from Iran?

- If any come, then I take an assessment at the time. First priority is the Norwegian A-team, "said Khalili.

Uncertain future
    It may seem as though there is some way away right now. The stay in GAIS was not exactly as expected, and Khalili spent the most time on the bench. Now he's back in Norway, and will train with the Start when pre-season begins 4 January.

- Start the club is in my heart, and I want to give 100 per cent for this club, "said Khalili, who has had a meeting with management in the Start about their situation. That he does not wish to say so much about.

- Yes, we have talked. What was said, I keep to myself, "said Khalili.

- What happens if you are not focused on here?

- We'll see what happens in January, "said Khalili.

21-year-old has a contract with Start the 2011-season.

he can make it in the norway NT if he fights for it and I respect that 100%, I would of liked to see him for TM tho...
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7uz...eature=related

Comment

so he wants to play for Norway, case closed
        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

We had a player in the bundesliga who actually never said; I'm not gonna play for Iran, and still he people were busting his balls and all the threads about him ended up in the int. forum.
          Now this guy who's a swedish sub and directly is saying that he wouldn't play for Iran if he had a choise, has his own thread

Comment

You mean Mr. Dejagah?
            He has a own thread now

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              We had a player in the bundesliga who actually never said; I'm not gonna play for Iran, and still he people were busting his balls and all the threads about him ended up in the int. forum.
              Now this guy who's a swedish sub and directly is saying that he wouldn't play for Iran if he had a choise, has his own thread
              Where does it say that he would not play for iran if he had a choice??+
              He says that Norway is my first option and if iran would ask me i would have to think about it. Dont put words in his mouth.

Also. He is norwegian.

Comment

Originally posted by Essmail54 View Post
                Where does it say that he would not play for iran if he had a choice??+
                He says that Norway is my first option and if iran would ask me i would have to think about it. Dont put words in his mouth.
                Also. He is norwegian.
                If he is Norwegian, lets move this thread then.

furthermore:
                - First and foremost I want to give everything for Norway, and I have a long-term goal to get on the A-team. It had been a dream, "says Khalili.
                so what kind of 2nd thoughts you think he will have when Team Melli invites him?

Comment

it'll be nice to see him in TM

Comment

Originally posted by Essmail54
                    **edited**
                    And now you are red.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

It's ok. I hope this picture makes you feel better.

Now please give me all of your gold.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^i turned him yellow again.
                        Welcome to PFDC esmail jan.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          And now you are red.
                          i turned him red for a different reason

Originally posted by Essmail54
                          Why did someone delete my post. ? Is that how it works with mods. All i wrote was " why did you move the thread? It was not nice, just because you have power, you should not abuse it"
                          Another member was banned just a few hours ago for the same reason:
                          http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...4&postcount=15

learn to respect the rules.
                          Last edited by siavasharian; 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM.
                          I was an atheist until I realized I am GOD.

Comment

^lol i love this guy

Comment

He didn't say 'I will never play for Iran' he said it's been a while since he's had contact and right now his focus is Norway. What should he say? I'm holding out hope that IRIFF will contact me soon and i'm just going to sit on my hands and wait? He said it TM contacts him, he will consider their offer. Don't make it more than it is. If Iran hasn't contacted him in a while, he has every right to try to play for Norway.

Comment

Working...
                              X