Andy Gray: Epl has more depth than La Liga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Gray: Epl has more depth than La Liga

Speaking on Monday night, ahead of the Manchester City-Everton encounter, with his regular sparring partner Richard Keys, Gray came out with some outlandish claims including:

“The Premier League is stronger in depth than La Liga.”

“I don’t know if Barcelona have ever gone to a place like the Britiannia Stadium and suffered the kind of onslaught from Tony Pulis’ team of long throws and free-kicks or been up to a place like Blackburn and been beaten up by their long ball into the box.”

On Cristiano Ronaldo, Gray added: “he would not be the player that he is today had he not played in English football.”

In truth, Gray has been misquoted by a number of outlets out there, as the video below shows. But, this is yet again some ridiculous punditry from a Sky team that has for a long time been out of touch with reality.
    Im sorry but I actually agree with them 100%.
    Some of Barcas player cant really handle much physicallity, and to me what has made Ronaldo the player he is today is the fact hes gone to Stoke and rode leg breaking challengers from Wolves , or going to Blackburn on a cold freezing monday night and break down those massive defenders.
    To me, Its clearly obvious EPL has more depth than the La Liga as they put it. The La Liga has 2 sides and that its. After that, Barca and Real beat every team 5-0. Real won 8-0 the other day, but when they came up against Barca, they got made to look worse than Stoke or Blackburn. The Epl can be won by about 5 clubs this season, and that has alot to do with the strength of all the teams. Liverpool last season were the only English team in the last 6 years not to go further than Real Madrid in the UCL. Ronaldo to me will be better than Messi. Messi steam rolls the la liga, up against spanish defences that couldnt handle fulham in the the europa league. messi cant even handle the physicality of international football, let alone leg breakers at stoke wolves or blackburn.

What you think?
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Biased Scottish Players
    still La Liga is way better than EPL

he can't accept that Madrid and Barcelona are the 2 biggest teams in the world at the moment. they can destroy every defense.

Comment

Originally posted by I Walk Alone View Post
      Biased Scottish Players

he can't accept that Madrid and Barcelona are the 2 biggest teams in the world at the moment. they can destroy every defense.
      yes every defense in the world except athletic bilbao

EPl SA BL all have more depth than la liga.

Comment

Biased Scottish Players

haha dream on...

Comment

Biased Scottish Players

stronger in depth,

meaning there are more than two teams able to win the league for a start.

Comment

I don't even watch EPL games they're so boring.

Forlan is enough reason to watch La Liga.
            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post
              I don't even watch EPL games they're so boring.
              Forlan is enough reason to watch La Liga.
              haha if you can't see the beautiful side of epl then you don't understand shit about football

Comment

haha if you can't see the beautiful side of epl then you don't understand shit about football
                and you need to respect people opinions. they like to see an attacking match not tactical and boring.

EPL fans yejoori sohbat mikonan engar they are professor of football. arrogant EPL fans like arrogant English teams. comon get a life, we all watch football for enjoying not learning !

Comment

and you need to respect people opinions. they like to see an attacking match not tactical and boring.

EPL fans yejoori sohbat mikonan engar they are professor of football. arrogant EPL fans like arrogant English teams. comon get a life, we all watch football for enjoying not learning !
                  you don't need to learn dude if you like football and enjoy football means that you understand football but it seems that your IQ is to low for that

Comment

you don't need to learn dude if you like football and enjoy football means that you understand football but it seems that your IQ is to low for that
                    i didn't know there are people in this forum who can measure our IQ with a comment. lol
                    so your IQ should be very high, that's why you watch EPL. huh

Comment

i didn't know there are people in this forum who can measure our IQ with a comment. lol
                      so your IQ should be very high, that's why you watch EPL. huh
                      wow you are impressing! good first step for being smart

Comment

La Liga also has plenty of depth if you follow it closely, each team has a unique attribute that makes them dangerous.

Comment

Won't even argue I already know it , People are here are just to ignorant they don't want to agree reality , and They know that its true they just don't wanna say it !
                          EPL > La Liga
                          sigpic

Comment

Epl>La liga
                            simple aS that

Comment

I think La Liga was better than the EPL up until the last couple of years. I may be biased as a city fan, but manchester city alone has raised the bar for the premier league and we see a lot of big name players moving to the smaller clubs in the lower half of the table.. Everton sit 4 spots out of the relegation zone and I swear they have a better team then atleast 15 or 16 of the teams in la liga

also, look at tottenham now! DOMINATED inter at home and gave em one hell of a run for their money in milan! the EPL definately has raised standards this year and its showing on the pitch
                              ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Working...
                              X