Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More problms for Terelle Pryor and Ohio State Buckeyes 5 game suspension for next yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More problms for Terelle Pryor and Ohio State Buckeyes 5 game suspension for next yr

Welll yesterday the NCAA ruled that QB Terelle Pryor and four others were found guilty of selling memoribilia. The funniest thingis he sold his sportsmanship ring. They alsosold things like jerseys, their gold pants they get from beating Michigan, their big 10 championship ring etc. Well Pryor definately is going to go pro now but I agree with ***k Herbstreet, a former Buckeye quarterback. In the long run Ohio St is better off without this selfish guy.

Pryor is a me first guy who is making this proud program look like a joke. Again I am a Michigan State fan and I respect Ohio State for what they do and Jim Tressel is a great coach and a good person. He always preaches "Team football" and you need to get rid of those me first guys.

Now what people are upset about is that these guys will be elligable to play in the Sugar Bowl stating, "They didn't know the rules and the bowl game is a unique experience." They didn't know the rules are you freaking kidding me? I don't blame Jim Tressel because you can't police your players, but you need to recruit good kids who will be willing to do the right thing. The NCAA is gutless they should of suspended them for the bowl game because they knowingly and willingly broke the rules but it's like the are getting a pass. The NCAA is so stupid I understand giving a harsh punishment to USC for the Reggie Bush situation but they should of done something similar with this. If you want to set a standard that we are going to go after you if you violate rules you can't have one set of standards for one team and another set of standards for another team. I personally think Ohio St got away with it becasue they are a mid western team and everyone hates the "Hollywood team" so USC got the hammer. I"ll bet you Auburn will get a slap on the wrist as well with the Cam Newton thing because they are SEC and a southern team.

You can't convince me that these guys "didn't know the rules" because everyone knows right from wrong. You know you are not allowed to sell merchandise for profit it's against NCAA rules. What sucks for Ohio State is that next year they will be suspended for the Michigan State game. Personally I want to play Ohio St at full strength but chances are now they are going to lose that game with four dudes suspended(assuming Pryor goes pro which at this point he should).

I want to know what my Buckeye friend Shahouman thinks. He knows by now I support the Big 10 and Ohio St but I"m sure he is not too happy with this negative press. Like I said before this Pyror is a proma donna and I personally would rather have someone like ***k Cousins as my quarterback. He might not be as flashy but he is more accurate with the ball, he is a smart kid he's in med school in his jr year, and he's a big on the religous side but at least he is humble. I would rather have someone like that be the leader of my team.

I personally think in the long run Ohio St is better off without Pryor and I think he wore out his welcome in Columbus just like Clarette did. I think this is the straw that broke the Buckeye's back. I"ve spoken to a few of my friends who are Buckeye fans and the are not ammused at all.

ncaa is very corrupt. they all should have been suspended for the bowl game and the program penalized. if tressels ***** ass doesnt sit the players, he will be a disgrace to the college game and fairness around the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
      ncaa is very corrupt. they all should have been suspended for the bowl game and the program penalized. if tressels ***** ass doesnt sit the players, he will be a disgrace to the college game and fairness around the league.
      In a perfect world Tressel would sit those players in their bowl game, but there is one small problem. Let's say he sits those players and Ohio St loses in their bowl game. The Buckeye fans would go nuts absolute nuts because in that part of the country Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, the South college football is a religion. If I were the coach I would sit Pryor and the players to send a message to the rest of the team but I'll bet you they are going to start.

I would kind of laugh though if he starts the players and Ohio St still manages to lose that would be a lose lose situation because not only Tressel's name would get ruined, the program would get laughed at. Well people are already laughing but honestly to me Tressel is still a good guy he needs to make a stand and suspend his players otherwise I will take back EVERYTHING I said about him and call him a gutless coach who only cares about winning at all costs. Basically he is turning into the Pete Carroll of the Big 10 and Oho St is really starting to look dirty with the whole Clarlette thing a few years back him getting an SUV at a dealership and other benefits and other Ohio St plaeyrs getting hooked up. I think for a while Ohio St is going to have a bad rep like USC and Auburn.

Speaking of gutless though I agree with you man the NCAA is 100% gutless and I talked about that in the first post. It's kind of like they are oking their actions because they are letting them play in the bowl game. If the want to send the message they should make Ohio St inelligable like they took away USC's championship so that other players won't do these things. If you make the punishment light like it is then people will say, "So what I can just wait until end of my jr year, do something stupid and selfish and declare for the NFL draft or if I am not good enough I will wait for end of my senior year."

I will laugh my a$$ off though if Tressel starts these clowns and Ohio St still loses.

Comment

And what were the reasons for them selling these things and what was the NCAA's reason for not suspending them for the bowl game?
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

^For $$$.

NCAA is saying they didn't explain the rules enough and are allowing them to play the Bowl game. 5 game suspension...but let them play the Bowl game.
          AZADI

Comment

Originally posted by NimzJ View Post
            ^For $$$.
            NCAA is saying they didn't explain the rules enough and are allowing them to play the Bowl game. 5 game suspension...but let them play the Bowl game.
            Sorry but that is straight up bull$hit! These players know right from wrong. They should know that it's probably not a good idea to sell your football jersey, your big 10 championship ring and your SPORTSMANSHIP RING for profit. This is just a copout by the NCAA another gutless move they should of been suspended for the bowl game.

If Jim Tressel doesn't personally suspend these guys for the bowl game he is a gutless coward who lost all of my respect. The Buckeyes are now the U$C of the Big 10 a good program but a dirty program with players getting into problems and the coach looks the other way.

They didn't know the rules give me a freaking break that is a copout. That is like the girl who hooks up with the guy at the bar and feels bad, so the next day she says to her friends, 'I only hooked up with him because I was drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post
              And what were the reasons for them selling these things and what was the NCAA's reason for not suspending them for the bowl game?
              Terrelle Pryor's father is on disability and get $900 a month. His mother is poor as well. TP sold his shit to give the $ to his parents for christmas and for his father's bills. I'm assuming his teammates saw that some guys are willing to pay for their stuff to these guys, who get $1150 a month (for rent, books, food, and God forbid....entertainment), and sold what they could too to since they can't work jobs like other college students. So yeah? Prima donna huh? Such an unselfish move should be admired. But no, Buckeye haters are out in full force. AJ Green sold his autographed jersey to an agent and only got a 4 game suspension. These guys sell their own personal belongings and get 5. If the NCAA is gonna enforce their rules, then enforce them. But no, they want to make their $ in the bowl game so they're letting the boys play. Just like $scam newton$. Let him play inthe championship game and bring in all that money then, and if, rule him ineligible and blah blah.

And in addition to this, OSU is appealing it and we wont find out until AFTER the players have to declare to the NFL. But, with the possible NFL lockout, the NCAA has fcked these playerswith their ruling.

Fck the NCAA. They're more corrupt than FIFA.

And with all that said....you still wish had him(TP).

Comment

Originally posted by Persiantiger View Post
                Sorry but that is straight up bull$hit! These players know right from wrong. They should know that it's probably not a good idea to sell your football jersey, your big 10 championship ring and your SPORTSMANSHIP RING for profit. This is just a copout by the NCAA another gutless move they should of been suspended for the bowl game.
                If Jim Tressel doesn't personally suspend these guys for the bowl game he is a gutless coward who lost all of my respect. The Buckeyes are now the U$C of the Big 10 a good program but a dirty program with players getting into problems and the coach looks the other way. They didn't know the rules give me a freaking break that is a copout. That is like the girl who hooks up with the guy at the bar and feels bad, so the next day she says to her friends, 'I only hooked up with him because I was drunk."
                Nobody got a house, they only sold their shit. Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                X