Share your experiences ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your experiences ..

List all the games you've been to, your favourite and worst stadiums.. and explain your choices.

I've been to..

Wembley England games vs Montenegro, Estonia, France, Egypt, Mexico, Slovenia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Belarus, and FA Cup Semi (United vs Everton)

Old Trafford games vs Bolton (4-1) , Chelsea, Liverpool,

Emirates Stadium - Brazil vs Sweden

Anfield - Liverpool vs Olympiacos

Stamford Bridge - Chelsea vs Cluj, and Chelsea vs Newcastle

Loftus Road: England under 20 vs Italy under 20..

Best stadium in terms of atmostphere has got to be Wembley.. the national team..Emirates has a wonderful seating arrangements..

the worst is loftus road..
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

actually wembley has to be the worst stadium for atmosphere! the atmosphere for carling cup final last yr was shite!

Comment

azadi with esteghlal, perspolis match. Nothing is like that!
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

I went to Loftus Road when Iran lost 3-0 to QPR. 5,000 Iranian fans were there, but we made enough noise to sound like 50,000.

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
          azadi with esteghlal, perspolis match. Nothing is like that!
          I went during this past summer to the season opener of Perspolis vs Teraktor. Despite only an attendance of 40 000 (it was a holiday so a lot of people went go up north) but the amount of swearing and fighting in the stadium was ridiculous (they even cut off the television sound due to the swearing).

Comment

2000 final four in Indianapolis I went to two games final four MSU vs Wisconsin and MSU vs Florida. We won the national championship.
            2000 Citrus Bowl W against Florida great game!
            Rose Bowl 1987 MSU beat USC(I was 5 but I still remember some things from the game back then there were no big screen tv's so no replays and we were sitting in the USC section

Pasadena Rose Bowl Iran vs USA
            Germany Iran vs Mexico in Nuremburg's stadium(bad result but good experience)

Azadi Stadium ACL 2001 Esteghlal 2 Al Itihad KSA 1.

Lakers vs Blazers 2000 game NBA Western Conference Finans 7 man that was one hell of a game!

Game 7 Lakers vs Celtics(Got the tickets via miracle threw step dad) Go lakers
            1998 Qualacom Stadium Raiders v Chargers Raiders win forgot score.

Cal's stadium 2009 Cal vs MSU bad game they took away two touchdowns from MSU by bad calls from refs.

Recently in UAE fifa club world cup
            Al Whada vs Korean team
            Mazembe vs Internasional(spelling) of Brazil

Comment

I would have loved to be in Wembly for this game, one of the most memorable matches for me.

راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                actually wembley has to be the worst stadium for atmosphere! the atmosphere for carling cup final last yr was shite!
                lol.. I'm speaking about National games, where you have 85thousand fans supporting the same team..

I've also been FA Cup semi, when Man Utd played Everton, that was a great day, but pity that we lost.
                I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                  lol.. I'm speaking about National games, where you have 85thousand fans supporting the same team..
                  I've also been FA Cup semi, when Man Utd played Everton, that was a great day, but pity that we lost.
                  even for national teams wembley seems a bit shit with the prawn sandwich brigade, even the commentators say this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                    even for national teams wembley seems a bit shit with the prawn sandwich brigade, even the commentators say this.
                    some games have been like that, I admit.. but when it's a competitive game (ukraine,croatia , world cup qualifier ), then it's electrifying.

commentator says alot, as he's sitting in his 'OWN BOX' .. how would he know the atmostphere of the fans lol

Comment

Comment

I've been to tons of games. In Iran I've been to both Amjadieh and Azadi Stadiums. The best atmosphere in Iran was for Persepolis's win over the 8-0er's Al Hilal where the stadium exploded after Kermani Moghaddam's goal. I've never seen such intense waves with all 100,000 fans particpating in.
                        In the US I've been to Anaheim Stadium, the LA Collesium, the Yale Bowl, Rutgers Stadium, Foxboro Stadium, Gillette Stadium, Giants Stadium, RFK Stadium, Renschler Field and the Silverdome. Most of these have been for International Games, although some were also for club games. The best atmosphere is a toss up between a US-Brazil game at the Yale Bowl where the visiting team (Brazil) showed what fan support should be like. The other is the US-Switzerland game in the Silverdome during the 1994 World Cup although I think much of the atmosphere was created as a result of the stadium being roofed and containing all of the noise.
                        I saw the US beat England 2-0 in 1993 at Foxboro. While the English fans were very supportive of their team and cheered each player loudly as their name was announced, I still clearly remember the loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that they let out when the name of their coach was also announced (Graham Taylor). Given the final score of the game, their booing was understood and justified.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I was at Lyon when Iran beat USA 2 - 1 in 1998. That was my best experience and I have been to a lot of games. I was 6 or 7 rows from the field in the same corner that Mahdavikia got the pass from Daei and started running toward US goal. I had a bottle of coke in my hand and I knew Kia is going to score but had no time to put the bottle down, so when he scored the bottle went up in the air and everyone was so excited that I don't know what happend to it!!!

Comment

man some of you guys have been to some sweet games! ive only seen those meaningless summer friendlies that come here to Toronto every year

-FC Porto v.s. Liverpool, MLS All-Stars v.s. West Ham, TFC v.s. Benfica, TFC v.s. Aston Villa, Panathinaicos v.s. Benfica, Panathinaicos v.s. Inter Milan (all in Toronto) and Olympia*** v.s. Larissa (A Division in Greece)

I hope to one day go to a CL or UEFA Cup matchup
                            Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              I saw the US beat England 2-0 in 1993 at Foxboro. While the English fans were very supportive of their team and cheered each player loudly as their name was announced, I still clearly remember the loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that they let out when the name of their coach was also announced (Graham Taylor). Given the final score of the game, their booing was understood and justified.
                              Graham Taylor was the most hated man in England during the early/mid nineties. They blamed him for everything, especially England's failure to qualify for USA 94.

The Sun newspaper famously superimposed his face onto that of a turnip, giving him the nickname 'Turnip Taylor':

Comment

Working...
                              X