No announcement yet.

Share your experiences ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been to the rose bowl to watch azizi play when he was in san jose. it was sanjose vs la galaxy. azizi had an assist and we were the only ones cheering that san jose goal lmao

although the rose bowl's facilities compare to azadi (from what ive seen in the movie "offsides"), it was such a HUUUUUUUUUUGE stadium and it was a shame soccer wasnt that popular back then in america

Comment

been to home depot center la 6 times. atmosphere is shit
      stamford bridge- 2 time 2007 opening game vs birminham city
      2010 vs wigan when we won the league. i was on vacation so i went to the uk to see the game. i wasonly there for 3 days.
      Azadi PP - i think it was paykan in 2010 a couple months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        I've been to tons of games. In Iran I've been to both Amjadieh and Azadi Stadiums. The best atmosphere in Iran was for Persepolis's win over the 8-0er's Al Hilal where the stadium exploded after Kermani Moghaddam's goal. I've never seen such intense waves with all 100,000 fans particpating in.
        I found the game. What awesome memories it brings back. Some random memories from the game:
        We got there at 3:00pm while we were shooting for 5:00pm. The mistake was mine as I had mixed up 5:00pm and 15:00pm. Good thing I did as the game was sold out although sitting those extra 2 hour on Azadi's concrete steps under the hot sun was brutal.
        A sponsor had distributed cardboard visors for free for the fans. It served 3 purposes: It advertised their product (which I forget what it was), it was red in color which gave more visible support in the stands to Persepolis, it somewhat shaded the fans from the sun.
        Before the game a guy sitting behind us said he had brought a radio to listen to the game as well. We all laughed at him wondering why you would need a game report if you were sitting there watching it live. When Kermani Moghadam scored everyone around him turned to him asking "ki zad? ki zad?"
        After Kermani Moghadam's goal the stadium exploded. For the remainder of the game every single fan participated in waves and made for an awesome sight. As it approached your section you really thought it was gonna blow you away.

Here's an old game report by someone who was at the game with me:

Against the Saudis luck was on our side in that the 1st leg would be in Saudi Arabia. As it turned out it would be a very dull affair with neither team producing hardly any chances. The speed of Al Hilal on the flanks was evident and the acrobatic nature of their goalkeeper was also noticeable, although neither of these factors developed into much of an advantage for the Saudis. In fact the best chance of the game fell to Moharrami who once again had pushed forward, however, his shot from inside the box with the outside of his foot (and with plenty of time) curved too much and so at the end of 90 minutes the game ended in a 0-0 draw. For the return game in Tehran Azadi was packed to its capacity (and then some). The game started with Persepolis launching attack after attack to once again force the Al Hilal keeper into demonstrating his catlike reflexes. Midway through the 1st half Hossein Abdi challenged a Saudi player and brought him down. To the surprise of many in the stadium the ref pulled out his red card and ejected the Saudi player. It was only in the replay that it could be seen that after the 2 players went down the Saudi player had thrown a punch out of frustration to Abdi’s midsection. The ejection apparently had the exact opposite effect and the once porous Al Hilal defense suddenly solidified and their attacks became more and more organized and dangerous. The 1st half ended scoreless. In the 2nd half there were chances by both teams but only one that counted. A cross from the right met with Pious’s bicycle kick on the far post which sent the ball back to the near post. An onrushing Kermani Moghaddam with a Saudi Player right on his back one timed a shot that kissed the back of the net to give Persepolis a 1-0 lead. The joy could have been short lived as straight from the kickoff a Saudi player took the ball and literally walked it through the entire Persepolis team only to see his final shot against Azizian go wide of the post. So relaxed was the demeanor of the Persepolis players on this play that many in the stadium (including myself) were under the impression that the referee had not yet signaled for Al Hilal to start play and that any moment he would whistle for the ball to be brought back to the center circle. It was only when he pointed inside the box for a goal kick that it became apparent what a bullet had been dodged. Later in the game Kermani further celebrated his game winning shot by giving the crowd a high five after challenging a Saudi player in a 1v1 situation and stripping him of possession. The remainder of the game continued with Al Hilal fighting for an equalizer but the steady defense of Persepolis ensured the shut out and the ultimate 1-0 victory sent them to the Final against Al Moharragh of Bahrain.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Been to Azadi, Camp nou and rogers center

Comment

Azadi - asian CL....SS vs. some arab team - sat with the ultras, it was the funniest thing, game ended 1-1

Rose Bowl - USA vs. Iran friendly in 99 or 2000 it was, game ended 1-1

Camp Nou - 2010 super cup vs. Sevilla - ended 4-0 messi hat trick, david villa introduction

coming up this year ----> going to the best stadium in the world currently, Juventus Stadium for probably the first home game of 2014/2015 season, ill be sure to post videos

Comment

Azadi, ACL Esteghlal v Al Itihad
              Oakland-Mexico v Iran
              Pasadena Iran v USA, USA v Columbia
              USC-Iran v Ecuador.
              Germany-Iran v Mexico
              Oakland-Raiders v NY Jets Divisional Playoff game
              Semi Finals Lakers v Portland

I have more but those are the ones that stuck.
              It's Persian Gulf you Pan Arabists. Congratulations Michigan State Spartans 2014 Rose Bowl Champions. Go Arsenal football.

Comment

Azadi - Esteghlal-Perspolis (0-0), Esteghlal-Sepahan (0-0), Iran-Lebanon WCQ (4-0)
                Parc des Princes - PSG - Montpellier (2-2)
                BMO Fields - Toronto FC - Roma (1-4)
                Rogers Center - Brazil - Chile (2-1)

The esteghlal perspolis game had amazing atmosphere but no goals so i didn't enjoy it too much, sepahan esteghlal game was awful, bad atmosphere, no goals... the Iran-Lebanon game was amazing, first time seeing a goal in azadi, one of the best feelings in the world.
                Toronto fc - roma game was pretty bad atmosphere wise, no one was chanting or cheering, just sitting and watching, only pro was that i got to see totti play.

The peg montpollier game was the best atmosphere i ever experienced, peg was winning 2-0, montpollier made it 2-2, fans went crazy, starting throwing flares etc. they were real fans, didn't stop chanting even for a second, i sang allez psg, gagnier psg, for 90 minutes!

Brazil-chile was similar to roma-tfc, no one chanting
                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                Villa + Messi =

Comment

Amsterdam Tournament:
                  2000: Lazio - Barcelona (3-3) & Ajax - Arsenal (2-0)
                  2002: Barcelona - Parma (4-2) & Ajax - Manchester United (2-1)

WC U20:
                  2005: Morocco - Chili (1-0), China - Panama (4-1) & Brazil - Argentina (1-2)

WC 2006:
                  Iran - Portugal (0-2)

Turkish NT
                  2012: Turkey - Romania (0-1); WCQ match
                  2012: Turkey - Denmark (1-1): Friendly match

Besiktas matches (First half of 12/13)
                  Besiktas - Elazigspor (3-0)
                  Besiktas - Sivasspor (0-1)
                  Besiktas - Trabzonspor (1-1)
                  Besiktas - Bursaspor (3-3)
                  Besiktas - Kayserispor (3-1)

Real Madrid
                  2010/2011: Real Madrid - Malaga (7-0)

+ several league matches of Ajax which I forgot about

Best match I have ever seen in terms of the atmosphere was the Besiktas - Bursaspor match.

In future I would love to see more Iranian and Team Melli matches.
                  Last edited by ShirFarhad; 02-05-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Asian Cup 2011 - Qatar -

Iran vs North Korea (Group stage)
                    Iran vs UAE (Group stage )
                    Iraq vs UAE (Group stage)
                    Australia vs Bahrain (Group stage)
                    Qatar vs Kuwait (Group stage)
                    Iran vs South Korea (Quarter finals)
                    Iraq vs Australia (Quarter finals)
                    Uzbekistan vs Jordan ( Quarter Finals)
                    Qatar vs Japan (Quarter Finals)

Wembley Stadium -
                    26 England games (qualifiers & friendlies)
                    Manchester United vs Everton (FA Cup Semi final)
                    Manchester United vs Wigan (Community Shield)

Old Trafford -
                    Manchester United vs Chelsea (Avram Grant's debut)
                    Manchester United vs Bolton (that memorable Rooney-Ronaldo counter attacking goal)
                    Manchester United vs Liverpool (miserable home defeat, Torres destroying Vidic)
                    Man United vs QPR (Scholes memorable strike)

Stamford Bridge
                    Chelsea vs Cluj (Champions League)
                    Chelsea vs Newcastle (PL )
                    Chelsea vs Liverpool ( League cup)
                    Chelsea vs Manchester United ( PL - Hernandez winner)
                    Chelsea vs Manchester United ( League cup - wicked game - after extra time 5-4)
                    Wolfsburg vs Lyon (Women's Champions League final 2013)

Emirates Stadium -
                    Brazil vs Sweden (International friendly)
                    PSG vs NY Red Bulls (Pre-season)
                    Arsenal vs Boca Juniors (Pre-season)
                    Arsenal vs Manchester United (PL - Van Persie equaliser with penalty)

Anfield -
                    Liverpool vs Olympiacos (Gerrard with that memorable strike)
                    Liverpool vs Arsenal ( 5-1 demolition)

Upton Park -
                    West Ham - Manchester United (PL)

Loftus Road -
                    England vs Italy (U20's)

I've been to Nou Camp, but for a stadium tour.. Would love to go to a match there!

Fair to say Football is just my life..
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

^ Do you ever go sit with the away fans ? Its hell to get ticekts , I was in London during summer and wanted to watch some games and most tickets wouldn't go for under 150-200 quid at the black market. and if you wanted to get tickets from the websites you have to be a members and everything. Too complicated, I just ended up visiting the stadiums.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                        ^ Do you ever go sit with the away fans ? Its hell to get ticekts , I was in London during summer and wanted to watch some games and most tickets wouldn't go for under 150-200 quid at the black market. and if you wanted to get tickets from the websites you have to be a members and everything. Too complicated, I just ended up visiting the stadiums.
                        yes of course
                        tonight im going arsenal-man utd (with the away fans)
                        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

^ Wow the atmosphere must've been amazing even though we didn't win. You took any pics ?
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah bro , even took a video lol..
                            inbox me.. i'll give you a link to my instagram account

Comment

Sweden-Argentina (Friendly, 2-3)
                              Sweden-Portugal (WCQ, 2-3.. I saw Ronaldo score a hat trick ! )
                              Both games at Friends arena in Stockholm.

Comment

Sparta Rotterdam 1-0 Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie match, in 2005)
                                ADO Den Haag 2-2 Excelsior (Eredivisie match, in 2007)

I am planning to visit some matches at EURO 2016. I really hope they go through. My list is silly lol

Comment

Working...
                                X