http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/3297/...or-worlds-best

i dont think he's ever won it, so he deserved it

did xavi ever win it? cuz he deserves one too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post

i dont think he's ever won it, so he deserved it

did xavi ever win it? cuz he deserves one too. lol
      Messi won it last year..

Xavi will never win it again, thats a pity, a player like him deserves much more

Xavi came 3rd last year, and I beleive he came 3rd this year too (Iniesta came 2nd I think)

Jose got Coach of the year, and Inter got team of the year.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
        Messi won it last year..
        Xavi will never win it again, thats a pity, a player like him deserves much more
        Xavi came 3rd last year, and I beleive he came 3rd this year too (Iniesta came 2nd I think)
        Jose got Coach of the year, and Inter got team of the year.

damn i forgot...then xavi should've won it this year, especially cuz of WC, messi had a terrible WC

Comment

Xavi deserved it.

Comment

yeah i think Xavi deserved it more this year but Messi's reputation preceded him.
            sigpic

Comment

Iniesta with such low goals/assists in 2010 and missing a large portion of it for injury, he was selected just because of important goals he scored.
              Sneijder really deserved to be there along with Xavi and Messi.

1. Xavi
              2. Sneijder
              3. Messi

My top 3 in 2010.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

is there gonna be a world player gala?

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                  Iniesta with such low goals/assists in 2010 and missing a large portion of it for injury, he was selected just because of important goals he scored.
                  Sneijder really deserved to be there along with Xavi and Messi.

1. Xavi
                  2. Sneijder
                  3. Messi

My top 3 in 2010.
                  Agreed. I think Sneijder or Xavi deserved it the most. Sneijder won the first ever Italian treble and was of colossal importance to Holland's getting into the WC final. Xavi may go his career without getting one, despite being one of the greatest CM ever. It's a shame. I think the year of the WC should take national teams into consideration and Messi has not done half of what Xavi has this year for his country. Also, I think Xavi was more important to both Spain and Barca than Messi this year (imagine if you throw Xavi onto Argentina vs Messi onto Spain... which would be more earthshattering?).

Comment

last year messi scored over 40 goals and had much assists!!
                    so i think he deserved it!

Comment

Comment

^of course nekonam has been with Messi on the same pitch he knows what he is capable of and that nobody is as talented as him.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by nimster22 View Post
                          Agreed. I think Sneijder or Xavi deserved it the most. Sneijder won the first ever Italian treble and was of colossal importance to Holland's getting into the WC final. Xavi may go his career without getting one, despite being one of the greatest CM ever. It's a shame. I think the year of the WC should take national teams into consideration and Messi has not done half of what Xavi has this year for his country. Also, I think Xavi was more important to both Spain and Barca than Messi this year (imagine if you throw Xavi onto Argentina vs Messi onto Spain... which would be more earthshattering?).
                          I agree on Sneijder but how can you say Xavi was more influential in Barca's record no. points league championship? If you see Messi's goal most of them was because of his own genius, he starts the move and finishes it unlike ronaldo who scores tap-ins!
                          Messi was absolutely ridiculous in the year 2009-2010, he scored 35 or so goals made so many assists. I think he scored 5-6 hattricks, around 12 braces and 1 quadraple against arsenal, in all competitions. So clearly Messi is the better player in the world today by a margin however the WC made people think twice about him.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

i also belive xavi or sneijder deserved it more, correct me if im wrong but i think this is the first year a player has won the top player prize without winning a WC in the same year
                            Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                              i also belive xavi or sneijder deserved it more, correct me if im wrong but i think this is the first year a player has won the top player prize without winning a WC in the same year
                              It is not the first time, but your right in the sense, because it's been a long time since it happened..

Bulgaria didn't win WC 1994, but Stoichkov won the award.
                              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Working...
                              X