Exclusive: Carlos Queiroz Snubs Iran; Will Become New Saudi Arabia Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive: Carlos Queiroz Snubs Iran; Will Become New Saudi Arabia Coach

Carlos Queiroz has decided his next job will be in Saudi Arabia rather than Iran...

Feb 14, 2011 9:00:00 PM

Former Portugal boss and Manchester Untied assistant Carlos Queiroz has passed up the opportunity to coach Iran despite being in advanced negotiations with the Iran Football Federation (IFF).

IFF president Ali Kaffashian was expected to announce the appointment of the 57-year-old as national team boss on Tuesday on a four-year contract, but due to the political problems in Tehran, Queiroz has backed out of the negotiations.

A source close to the Portuguese tactician has told Goal.com that he is instead going to become manager for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).

Queiroz was heavily criticised for Portugal's performance at the 2010 World Cup, where the Seleccao lost 1-0 to Spain in the Round of 16.

Madar Jend*h

Source:http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/...-saudi-arabia-

Beh onjaye nanash khandid.

I hope they fire his ass after one embarrassing loss so he would know what a mistake he made. Jackass.

Comment

Bastard Arabs...
      sigpic

Comment

ahh man, now that ****ing hurts.

Comment

Comment

WOW This is what I've been waiting to hear. If he rejected the Iran offer, and stayed in Europe, then I would say he actually wanted the Iran offer and things didn't work out. But if he actually does become the new KSA coach, then this means Iran was just a bargaining chip so the Arabs increase their offer. We'll just have to wait and see if he this is true.

Comment

Again, we got schooled.. it was all bazar garmi...thats why he took so long.
              Was secretly negotiating with KSA, puts up Iran as a possible contender ..the Saudi Arabians are stupid to fall for it..probably write up a larger check and he dumps Iran and goes to S.A

Well played Queroz, now i hope we get grouped with them to show him who has talent.

Comment

I hope we draw Saudis in WCQ.

Comment

this thread sums up our fans first somebody opens a thread with a love letter for the coach then we have other fan who gets his phone number and calls him. and after a short while we starts cursing his whole family
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by serghe View Post
                    I hope we draw Saudis in WCQ.

Agree and hope too.

Now This Mr carlos was worried about his family. Does he think saudi ar is safe? maybe the next egypt....?

then he will come and beg to rewrite the offer

Comment

Damn it.
                      IFF should now really try hard for Bielsa.

Comment

It is nice that he is goes to KSA. That would be a motivation for us to beat the saudies (like, in your face Kerosh).

Comment

No big deal.
                          شهریور سال 52

پرسپولیس 6 - استقلال 0

لیگ تخت جمشید سال 1351

پرسپولیس 6 - سپاهان 0

Comment

hope he gets dumped ASAP
                            sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

saudis will sack him before we even find a new coach

Comment

Working...
                              X