No announcement yet.

World Cup Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the most number of former World Cup winners a country has faced in the World Cup? What year, what country and who were the opponents?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Name 2 countries that have used 3 different goalkeepers (actual goalkeeprs in goal, not a field player in goal or goalkeeper playing as a field player) on the field during the World Cup.
      Not necessarilly a World Cup question but what player has zero international caps to his name and yet one international goal scored?
      what is the answer to the second question?

Comment

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
        what is the answer to the second question?
        Some Swiss guy. To receive a full cap in Switzerland you must play at least 45 minutes in a game. This guy played 3 games as a sub, each one with less than 45 minutes remaining thus he never won a full cap but still scored a goal. I forget his name, I have to look it up.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Correct although there is one more player you could have said for the 1st question.
          The 4th player is Hugo Sanchez.

Comment

What player pooped his pants on the field during a World Cup game (which in fact he scored in)?

Comment

What is the only club team in the world to feature the World Cup winning captains of the two immediate previous World Cups (hint: each one is from a different country)?

Comment

What is the only club team in the world to feature the World Cup winning captains of the two immediate previous World Cups (hint: each one is from a different country)?
                Real Madrid:

2010 Iker Casillas
                2006 Fabio Canavaro
                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                  Real Madrid:

2010 Iker Casillas
                  2006 Fabio Canavaro
                  Canavaro left Real Madrid before Casillas captained Spain to a World Cup title. They were never at the same club while both being former World Cup champions as Canavaro left Real Madrid in 2009 prior to Casillas winning the World Cup.

Comment

A huge hint is that the club that these two World Cup winning captains were playing for currently plays in its country's 2nd division. That should at least eliminate most of the possible candidates.

Comment

What country and in what year played as many African teams in a World Cup as it did European teams?
                      USA 2010: England, Slovenia, Algeria and Ghana.

Comment

What is the most number of former World Cup winners a country has faced in the World Cup? What year, what country and who were the opponents?
                        Four, Germany 2010? All the knockout stages games, though kind in retrospective as Spain still wasn't world champion when they played.

Comment

What is the most number of European countries a country has faced in a single World Cup? What year, what country was it and who were the opponents?

What is the most number of countries from the Americas a country has faced in a single World Cup? What year, what country was it and who were the opponents?

What is the most number of times 2 countries have faced each other in the World Cup? What 2 countries are they and in what years did they meet?

What country has a record of being drawn with 2 European countries and 1 African country in every single World Cup it has qualified for? They have qualified for more than World Cup just in case you decide to name a country whom in their single World Cup had such a group.

What country and in what year did a country play 6 World Cup games but only against 4 opponents?
                          1) Brazil 1958 faced 6 (England, Austria, USSR, Wales, France, Sweden)

2) I'm not sure but maybe the number is 4 opponents for: Yugoslavia 1930, Spain 1950 and Poland 1978?

3) Brazil-Sweden 7 times 1938, 1950, 1958, 1978, 1990 and twice in 1994.

4) Saudi Arabia

5) Germany in 1954, because they played Turkey and Hungary twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LDOG View Post
                            USA 2010: England, Slovenia, Algeria and Ghana.
                            Correct.

Comment

Four, Germany 2010? All the knockout stages games, though kind in retrospective as Spain still wasn't world champion when they played.
                              Argentina 1986: Italy, Uruguay, England, Germany.

Comment

1) Brazil 1958 faced 6 (England, Austria, USSR, Wales, France, Sweden)

2) I'm not sure but maybe the number is 4 opponents for: Yugoslavia 1930, Spain 1950 and Poland 1978?

3) Brazil-Sweden 7 times 1938, 1950, 1958, 1978, 1990 and twice in 1994.

4) Saudi Arabia

5) Germany in 1954, because they played Turkey and Hungary twice.
                                Damn it's been so long I've forgotten the answers!

1) Not sure but 6 sounds about right.

2) 4 is correct although not for Yugoslavia, they played 3 teams (Brazil, Bolivia, Uruguay) but Argentina played 4 that year (Chile, Mexico, USA, Uruguay).

3) Correct.

4) Correct.

5) Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X