World Cup Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
    Carlos Alberto Parreira was the coach (1982, 1998 and 2006) and the country was France.
    Actually he coached against France in 4 World Cups. The one you haven't mentioned is South Africa in 2010.
    There is another person too though who has coached against one country in 3 World Cups with 3 different teams.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Name a player who has 5 World Cup gold medals.
      Doesn't Pele have the most gold medals with 3?

What coach has faced the same opponent in the World Cup 3 times while coaching 3 different teams? Also what is the country he faced?
      Indeed a tough question. Other than Carlos Alberto, I know Bora has done 5 world cups, so I'm guessing he would have the highest chance of having come across the same team 3 times, but I'm drawing blanks on what team it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        Doesn't Pele have the most gold medals with 3?

Indeed a tough question. Other than Carlos Alberto, I know Bora has done 5 world cups, so I'm guessing he would have the highest chance of having come across the same team 3 times, but I'm drawing blanks on what team it can be.
        Pele does have 3 gold medals but he is not the answer. You are on the right track with Bora.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Name 2 countries that have used 3 different goalkeepers (actual goalkeeprs in goal, not a field player in goal or goalkeeper playing as a field player) on the field during the World Cup.
          Not necessarilly a World Cup question but what player has zero international caps to his name and yet one international goal scored?
          Originally posted by radin119 View Post
          what is the answer to the second question?
          Some Swiss guy. To receive a full cap in Switzerland you must play at least 45 minutes in a game. This guy played 3 games as a sub, each one with less than 45 minutes remaining thus he never won a full cap but still scored a goal. I forget his name, I have to look it up.
          I finally rediscovered him.

Up until September of 1983, the Swiss Federation considered an international cap as at least one half of a match.
          If a player played for anything less, by their rules the player did not earn a cap.
          Swiss player Robert Luthi played 26 minutes vs. Romania in 1981, 20 minutes vs. Hungary in 1981 and 29 minutes vs. Portugal in 1982.
          Therefore, per Federation rules he was not recognized to have earned a single cap despite taking part in 3 matches.
          He did however, score a goal in the match vs. Romania on October 10, 1981.
          Therefore, he was the only player in the history of Swiss Federation with no caps yet one goal in the record books.

Comment

Name 3 players who were on their country's World Cup player squad 16 years apart.
            The previous answers were Antonio Carbajal, Lothar Matthaus, Hugo Sanchez and Kasey Keller. There is now one more player added to the list.

Comment

During which World Cup Final did fans invade the field prior to the conclusion of the match?

Comment

During which World Cup Final did fans invade the field prior to the conclusion of the match?
                1966 England
                Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                  1966 England
                  Correct.

Name two countries that have faced each other in 5 consecutive World Cups and the years that it occurred.

Comment

What country finished a World Cup without conceding any goals?

Comment

What country finished a World Cup without conceding any goals?
                      Switzerland at wc 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Armin98 View Post
                        Switzerland at wc 2006
                        Correct.

Comment

Who was the first player to receive 3 yellow cards in the same game in the World Cup?

Comment

World Cup Trivia

Who was the first player to receive 3 yellow cards in the same game in the World Cup?
                            I remember watching this. It was Josip Šimunić.

I don’t blame the ref though. the game was Croatia v Australia. Josip played for Croatia through parental heritage, despite being born and growing up in Melbourne, Australia.

Naturally, Josip had an Australian accent. When the ref booked him the third time, he thought it was actually an Australian player, due to the Aussie accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                              I remember watching this. It was Josip Šimunić.

I don’t blame the ref though. the game was Croatia v Australia. Josip played for Croatia through parental heritage, despite being born and growing up in Melbourne, Australia.

Naturally, Josip had an Australian accent. When the ref booked him the third time, he thought it was actually an Australian player, due to the Aussie accent.

Wrong!!!!!

Comment

Wrong!!!!!
                                Well what did you expect of me? It’s not like I went to Sharif...

Comment

Working...
                                X