Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, Who's better, CR or Messi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your opinion, Who's better, CR or Messi?

As we are going through 4 El Clasicos, this comparison is bound to come up time and time again. Although it is hard to compare Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, as they play very different styles, but if you had to pick one of them, which would it be?

For me, it's CR simply due to the fact that he has proven himself in 2 of the world's best leagues, EPL and La Liga, while Messi has only played in the La Liga. The EPL is a very difficult league to succeed in and I think that's why CR is slightly better. Also, in Real Madrid, the team is much more dependent on CR than Barcelona on Messi. If Messi wasn't there, Barca would still have a lot of success with their style of football. But if CR was in Real, they would lack a lot of attacking prowess. What do you think?

Also mods, for some reason I cannot make a poll, so if it's possible for one of the Mods to make a poll for this question, I would appreciate it.
    sigpic

im my opinion there is no comparison.

Messi is the realist and illest.

lucky for us however, we will get to see them against one another quite a few times in the coming weeks.

Comment

Without any doubt, clearly Lionel Messi by far! This guy is simply amazing and unique! I am sure I dont even have to explain why, just watch him playing.
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Lionel Messi.
        I dont buy the "He played in EPL" excuse.

Comment

messi hands down

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
          Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

right now Messi is far ahead from any player.
            top scorer in CL for the 3 years in a row FFS!! (for those saying he only can score against "weak spanish teams").
            His teamwork (assists) this season has been even better.
            Ronaldo is better in freekicks, headers and shooting obviously...

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

This is a debate that will get mixed answers.

Messi has got incredible balance , and him being short helps him, with great footwork. Ronaldo has great balance too, for a tall guy, and is probably stronger than Messi. Ronaldo is better in the air, and is better in long-range distance. Both players are clinical finishers in the penalty box, which is no surprise to see them both top goalscorers for their clubs for the past few years.

Both players have incredible technique, with Ronaldo more two-footed, than Messi whos dependant on that left-football, but because of his adjustment and body weight, he doesn't need to use his right foot much. They both read the game very well, and both talented players.

Which one is better? I really wouldn't know, but if I wanted to choose a player for my team, it would be Ronaldo, because he offers more ALL-ROUND than Messi, with his strength/heading ability/set-pieices etc
              I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Messi is on another level both football wise AND personality wise. I dont usually judge players' off court shit, but Ronaldo can never be the player nor the human being Messi is, aint saying Messi is a saint but might as well be compared to CR.

Comment

Messi without a doubt and not just by stats but overall game play. I think messi is better than maradona too, if u watch some old maradona games, messi is much more fluid and some of the defenses back then were a joke.

c. ronaldo also lacks the focus and determination of messi, he gets frustrated and emotional easily, same with rooney

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    Messi without a doubt and not just by stats but overall game play. I think messi is better than maradona too, if u watch some old maradona games, messi is much more fluid and some of the defenses back then were a joke.

c. ronaldo also lacks the focus and determination of messi, he gets frustrated and emotional easily, same with rooney
                    Maradona>>> Messi
                    It all comes down to leadership and functioning under pressure when you compare the two and Maradona wins that easily. Dont forget Maradona was surrounded with scrubs while Messi could not do shit with that superstar cast around him.

Comment

I don't know why you would even ask this question, it's Messi.
                      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

lol Messi is the best player in the world right now if not in history...
                        what he does with the ball is outstanding, and even though he is the best and makes the most money he never gets ****y about it like ronaldo who tld pandiani he is better than him because he makes more money...
                        Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                        http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                        [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                        Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                          Maradona>>> Messi
                          It all comes down to leadership and functioning under pressure when you compare the two and Maradona wins that easily. Dont forget Maradona was surrounded with scrubs while Messi could not do shit with that superstar cast around him.

im not basing my opinion on results, i'm going purely with game play and how smart he is. I remember watching maradona and i have seen lots of his older videos too before i was born or too young to remember, and i think todays defending is much better and the game is much more advanced and physical than it was during maradona/pele era

Comment

Ronaldo is good in that he can produce a goal out of nothing.. hes the kind of player who jumps in at the right time and picks up the pace in the counter attack.. hell have a few flashes in the game where he scores or almost does so

messi, on the other hand, is ALWAYS in the game, hes ALWAYS running, always open for a pass and barely ever turns it over... and to make the EPL argument is not fair, or to say that messi has a better team around him is also not really an argument.. the fact that he stands out sooo much and scores soo many goals for a team as stacked as barcelona to me is a greater accomplishment

at 18 he came to barcelona and instantly ronaldinho went from hero to completely forgotten, he single handedly started a new era at barca and they have all the silverware to prove it

that being said, i think we should spend more time appreciating how lucky we are to be able to witness this era of football, it just may be the greatest yet... in spain we have easily the two best players in the world playing for the two biggest clubs in arguably the biggest rivalry in the world.. they each scored in a 1-1 in the last derby ffs!! and not only that, look at the EPL! There's 6 teams in the EPL who could easily compete in the Champs league and make it out the group stages!
                            ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

^ Yeah, I agree with what you said about this era...getting to see messi vs cr 4 times in 18 days, barca vs real, that's just crazy how the games happened this year
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X