How much do you rate Paul Scholes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you rate Paul Scholes?

The question is in the topic title. How much do you rate him? He's my role model, not only because I play in similar position to him, but off the pitch, he never does anything silly. You won't hear stories about him causing problems etc. He's got a wonderful vision, and passing range. You will hardly see him give the ball away. He never had pace or strength, but it was hardly needed with his fantastic technique and footballing brain.

Unfortunately, some people have been criticising him, and that he's not very good, because of his tackling. Although his tackling has been very weak, (recieved 10 red cards in his career) , one cannot say he's not a great player. I forgot to add, his wonderful goals (YouTube the ones vs Villa,Bradford,) etc, where he stuck the ball so sweetly.

What other players have said about him:

Marcello Lippi: “Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team."

Laurent Blanc: "I tell anyone who asks me - Scholes is the best English player."

Edgar Davids: "I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is."

Thierry Henry on best player in the Premiership: "Without any doubt it has to be Paul Scholes."

Zinedine Zidane: "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who's the best english player: "Paul Scholes."

Alan Shearer: "If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes."

Ferguson: "I think Paul Scholes is the best player in England. He's got the best skills, the best brain. No one can match him."

Xavi: "In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen - the most complete - is Scholes.

Fabregas : "He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League."

Patrick Vieira: "The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy - Scholes."

Sir Bobby Charlton: "Paul Scholes is my favourite player."
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

he's great, something about the players of his era, some are still playing and being effective at an old age; raul, del piero, zanetti, pirlo, seedorf, klose etc...

Comment

his fvcking rudeness is unbearable. he could have easily ended a lot of careers with his uber nasty fouls!
      but as for his skills.......he is world class!
      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
        his fvcking rudeness is unbearable. he could have easily ended a lot of careers with his uber nasty fouls!
        but as for his skills.......he is world class!
        Yeah, he has made some terrible tackles (the one on zalabelta on saturday for example)

Also, scholes hardly gives interview to the media, he never speaks to the press. Quiet lad.
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

He is ol' reliable he has great vision and passing ability, and he is always there to help Man U in the big games, although he will miss the game against arsenal because his red card has a 3 game suspension.
          sigpic

Comment

He's way past his use by date.

Comment

i love the guy, such class and also very humble. but i always get scared when he goes in for a tackle. with scholes he never means anything bad with his tackles, poor guy just doesnt know how to do them.

Comment

I don't care what people say I would take him over xavi all day !
                sigpic

Comment

Great player, but he never got the praise he deserved from the English because he plays a very unenglish style (except his tackles).

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Great player, but he never got the praise he deserved from the English because he plays a very unenglish style (except his tackles).
                    well he had to have something enlglish about him or else he would be on the spanish national team
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Yep, never felt appreciated. In Euro 2004, he was put on the left side of midfield, to accodomate gerrard and lampard.. after that, he retired, and england went downhill from there. It was no surprise that Capello called him at 2010 world cup to bring him back.

He hasn't won any awards/or anything, though I think he should've won something in 2002, but oh well.

Comment

great player, but it's sad how his horrible tackling during his career was always laughed off and rarely ever punished. some justice on saturday at least, Scholes, as much of a great player he is, should get a red card every 3 games because of his tackling. always gets away with it for some reason

Comment

rate him very lowly because he is a typical epl vahshi player, always looking to injure opponents players, cant take a loss like a man.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                            rate him very lowly because he is a typical epl vahshi player, always looking to injure opponents players, cant take a loss like a man.
                            FFS i accidently repped u instead of a neg rep for this stupid statement

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                              dude, most of the times the tackles that he sees red for are 50-50 balls like the one on against Man City...He should be a little more cautious because he does go studs up, but that has nothing to do with game. His play's rating shouldn't have to do with his disciplinary record, he is still one of the best midfielders in the game
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X