What does football mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does football mean to you?

I love football, words can't describe what it means to me. I have been asked on countless occasions what country i am from and i get the same response: "That's Odd". To some it may be "odd" to appreciate football as much as i do coming from the USA but I am no different than any of you, we all share the passion for this wonderful game. For the past couple of years I have been working on a book which is as of now titled "The Meaning of Football" (working title). My question for you is to tell me and the rest of the forum what this game means too you and please state your name and country as well so you can be credited in the book. Please let me know what you think of this idea and have a nice day. Here is mine:

Football (soccer) is my life, there isnt anything in the world that means more to me. Football is something that makes me happy, its an escape for me. It doesnt matter how bad my day was, how many people make fun of me for playing the sport i love, or just put me down because the second i step onto the football pitch its as if all problems have gone away when the ball is at my feet, i could never put into words how much this game means to me.

Football (soccer) is a passion of mine, it always makes me happy, and anyone who loves, plays, or watches the beautiful game is a friend of mine. I don't consider one country to be better than another or any religion to better than another, i love the fact that football can bring so many people together of all religions and races, its a beautiful thing.

Football is my passion, all i really think about is football. once i get home, its always football, especially Iranian football::. Ali ,,,,Iranian

Comment

It's everything to me. I play on a team , come home play FIFA , go on football forums , watch soccer shows, watch highlights all the time, play football games on my phone , my whole room is loaded with soccer stuff, dream and think football too
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

fcuk it it's all about bball

Comment

Football serves as a unifying force in not only my life, but in Numerous lives in numerous countries around the globe.
          sigpicSaturdays: 9:30 am Van Nuys/ sherman Oaks park, all welcome.
          Wednesdays: 6:00 Pm Van Nuys/ Sherman Oaks park all welcome.

Comment

football is life.....unpredictable, full of happiness and sadness, its hard to find a balance and every moment and movement is history.

Comment

i love watching and playing football, i play fifa on my xbox all the time and watch both international and iranian football, though its not my top priority it is a big thing in my life

Comment

I'm a footyholic.
                I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

do u seriously get made fun of for playing soccer? in new jersery/new york everyone plays soccer
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                    do u seriously get made fun of for playing soccer? in new jersery/new york everyone plays soccer
                    at my school i am surrounded by some people who call me "gay" for wearing a soccer jersey or play soccer. I dont know if i made it clear to you guys but i am in no way Iranian i was born in USA and am American, and at times i hate it. everyone here plays other sports and say soccer is dumb, boring, and gay and it gets old. Now not all people are like this, my friends (not american) and i love the game more than anything but for the most part playing soccer isnt "cool" but i dont let that bother me or keep me away from pursuing my dream.

Comment

Football is my Religion
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tyleriran View Post
                        at my school i am surrounded by some people who call me "gay" for wearing a soccer jersey or play soccer. I dont know if i made it clear to you guys but i am in no way Iranian i was born in USA and am American, and at times i hate it. everyone here plays other sports and say soccer is dumb, boring, and gay and it gets old. Now not all people are like this, my friends (not american) and i love the game more than anything but for the most part playing soccer isnt "cool" but i dont let that bother me or keep me away from pursuing my dream.
                        I understand you, it must be very hard.
                        Football for me is everything, as others have stated, it is literally my life!
                        Without football, the part of happiness that is within me would be removed.
                        Even if im sick, or my friends throwing a party, chicks are calling me, i check the date to see if there's any football matches played - The beautiful game.

Comment

Football, especially my club "Esteghlal" and my national team of Iran, have practically cost me my future. You ask why? Well here it is:

I haven't missed a game from Esteghlal and TM (national team) ever since I can remember, I have skipped school at 99.99% times when my club and national team had to play matches. I am behind about 4 years at my university and have a debt of thousends of euro's, mainly because of this.

I have lost some girlfriends because of football, mainly because I prefered watching my club Esteghlal play than spending time with them.

Today it was 26 degrees in Amsterdam (which is rare) on a Saturday, all my friends were having a drink and were having fun, but I prefered to stay home watching my club and seeing an Iranian footballer (Karimi) sitting on the bench of Schalke 04 (I'm glad he got playing time, so it wasn't all for nothing).

I even once let an ex of mine, who was hit by a tram while she was on her scooter, wait for me for hours at the Hospital with a broken leg, only because I didn't want to miss one of my club's (again: Esteghlal) matches.

I wouldn't miss a big (European) match for any gold in the world, let alone missing a WC or even an EC match.

Ok I'm gonna stop right here, cause it'd become one hell of a post if I would continue.
                          Last edited by Amin_; 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM.
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                            Football, especially my club "Esteghlal" and my national team of Iran, have practically cost me my future. You ask why? Well here it is:
                            I haven't missed a game from Esteghlal and TM (national team) ever since I can remember, I have skipped school at 99.99% times when my club and national team had to play matches. I am behind about 4 years at my university and have a debt of thousends of euro's, mainly because of this.
                            I have lost some girlfriends because of football, mainly because I prefered watching my club Esteghlal play than spending time with them.
                            Today it was 26 degrees in Amsterdam (which is rare) on a Saturday, all my friends were having a drink and were having fun, but I prefered to stay home watching my club and seeing an Iranian footballer (Karimi) sitting on the bench of Schalke 04 (I'm glad he got playing time, so it wasn't all for nothing).
                            I even once let an ex of mine, who was hit by a tram while she was on her scooter, wait for me for hours at the Hospital with a broken leg, only because I didn't want to miss one of my club's (again: Esteghlal) matches.
                            I wouldn't miss a big (European) match for any gold in the world, let alone missing a WC or even an EC match.
                            Ok I'm gonna stop right here, cause it'd become one hell of a post if I would continue.
                            LOOL you sound like you need some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                              Man, it's one thing to skip out on friends to catch a game, but to leave your girlfriend in the hospital because of an Esteghlal match? How did she respond to that? I suppose we can guess why she's your ex now...
                              "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
                              Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

Working...
                              X