What does football mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makan View Post
    Man, it's one thing to skip out on friends to catch a game, but to leave your girlfriend in the hospital because of an Esteghlal match? How did she respond to that? I suppose we can guess why she's your ex now...
    Actually we broke up a few months later

Also, it wasn't as if she was dying on the intensive care or whatever, she "only" had a broken leg. I don't remember which match it was, but I remember it was a very important one.

I must admit though, when she called me from the Hospital and told me about her accident, the only thing I thought about was "Damn, I probably gotta leave now to the Hospital and I can't see the whole game". But still I couldn't leave and had to watch the whole game

She would probably hate me even more than she already does if she would read this post lol
    Last edited by Amin_; 04-23-2011, 06:17 PM.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
      Football, especially my club "Esteghlal" and my national team of Iran, have practically cost me my future. You ask why? Well here it is:
      I haven't missed a game from Esteghlal and TM (national team) ever since I can remember, I have skipped school at 99.99% times when my club and national team had to play matches. I am behind about 4 years at my university and have a debt of thousends of euro's, mainly because of this.
      I have lost some girlfriends because of football, mainly because I prefered watching my club Esteghlal play than spending time with them.
      Today it was 26 degrees in Amsterdam (which is rare) on a Saturday, all my friends were having a drink and were having fun, but I prefered to stay home watching my club and seeing an Iranian footballer (Karimi) sitting on the bench of Schalke 04 (I'm glad he got playing time, so it wasn't all for nothing).
      I even once let an ex of mine, who was hit by a tram while she was on her scooter, wait for me for hours at the Hospital with a broken leg, only because I didn't want to miss one of my club's (again: Esteghlal) matches.
      I wouldn't miss a big (European) match for any gold in the world, let alone missing a WC or even an EC match.
      Ok I'm gonna stop right here, cause it'd become one hell of a post if I would continue.
      that is what i call dedication, its something that really can be appreciated but you can miss a match or two for the even more important things in life like friends and family. You dont really believe it cost you your life do you? hope not, just enjoy the beautiful game man, cheers

Comment

Agha Amin, do you realize you can record the games, and watch them later?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kaka10 View Post
          Agha Amin, do you realize you can record the games, and watch them later?
          hes probably like me and cant stand watching matches after they're done

theres nothing more i hate than watching a match after it is played, it is such an annoying feeling knowing what the result is going to be!
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
            hes probably like me and cant stand watching matches after they're done
            theres nothing more i hate than watching a match after it is played, it is such an annoying feeling knowing what the result is going to be!
            Well, try not to find out the scores, cut out any contacts.. like don't go on the net,don't let anyone call/text you the scores.. then you can watch it later.

however, i guess its not the same as watching it 'live'
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Well I've tried downloading matches later on, but somehow I always get to know the result.

I've tried letting my gf, or even my mom, going on the net to download the match for me, and no matter how much I tell them not to say ANYTHING, they always screw up.

Like f.e. my gf says things like "Ah at least someone is going to be in a good mood today...well enjoy the game honey", then I already know that Esteghlal has won. Things like that...

Even though I'm happy then that Esteghlal has won, it still isn't fun and exciting to watch anymore.
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

yeah i for some reason cant watch games after they have been played

Comment

^ about your sig, I'm so happy Torres finally scored yesterday
                  sigpic

Comment

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3154746AAMYB0m

is this you?

Comment

Working...
                    X