LAKERS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAKERS thread

lets keep the nba thread to talk about other games and rest of the playoffs, this thread is for disscussing lakers failair and what the lakers franchise need to do to bounce back..ALL LAKERS HATERS ARE WELCOME...please no personal attacks, or provoktion...just some nice lakers discussion...

1st quation?
    what happened after we beat sacramento to clinch 2nd seat?

lol u come up with this after they are embarrased like that?

im not a big laker fan but i do root for them when they are doin good. I'm not a fan of any nba team really so yea lakers are first but then again i dont get angry or upset when they lose. Cuz most of the time when they lose they deserve it, like this year and back in 08 when they lost to boston. sometimes they are so bee gheyrat

what i hate the most is lakers fans, most of this town becomes lakers fans when they are winning and they hardly know anything about basketball. They just bandwagon...and the worst is that fans at the stadium....bunch of rich spoiled people who just go to the games cuz they got a hook up or its the thing to do and there are MANY die hard fans who never get to go see a game cuz its so damn expensive to even sit at nose bleed section.

Comment

havent you opened up enough threads already?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        lol u come up with this after they are embarrased like that?

im not a big laker fan but i do root for them when they are doin good. I'm not a fan of any nba team really so yea lakers are first but then again i dont get angry or upset when they lose. Cuz most of the time when they lose they deserve it, like this year and back in 08 when they lost to boston. sometimes they are so bee gheyrat

what i hate the most is lakers fans, most of this town becomes lakers fans when they are winning and they hardly know anything about basketball. They just bandwagon...and the worst is that fans at the stadium....bunch of rich spoiled people who just go to the games cuz they got a hook up or its the thing to do and there are MANY die hard fans who never get to go see a game cuz its so damn expensive to even sit at nose bleed section.
        just out of curiosity, if you are not a laker fan why do you root for them? im just wondering because from a neutral perspective, ppl who like or watch the nba really dont like seeing the lakers win because it takes out a lot of excitement of the game. knowing and seeing the same teams win every time, and knowing who the legitamate contenders will be (boston, miami, la, san antonio) really makes the nba predicatable and is why you see so many people lose interest in it.

this year, clearly is an acception to this because the nba is finally good! there is excitement back to the game because there is now possibilities of upsets, whereas in the passed 10 to 15 years, most ppl predict the same 4 or 5 teams winning. upsets adds excitement to the game, and as you just said you are not a fan of any team, i would expect you would like to see some exciting and surprising things happen wouldnt you?
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

First thing that needs to happen is that they ship out either Bynum or Gasol. A Bynum for Dwight Howard scenario is most ideal, and much more likely to happen if they are willing to take on the rest of Gilbert Arenas' horrible contract back in the trade.

Comment

howard arena,bring them down..cp3 where u at? if chicago dont win gasol and artest for boozer its nice, trading bynum and barnes for howard and arena....

Comment

Bynum and Odom for Howard would be a good trade, and then they can sign CP3 or D-Will in the 2012 free agency
              sigpic

Comment

in their exit interviews all the lakers players except for qube, and lamar (silent) say they all be back......looooool...i am glad non of these plaYEERS are gm of the lakers

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                  just out of curiosity, if you are not a laker fan why do you root for them? im just wondering because from a neutral perspective, ppl who like or watch the nba really dont like seeing the lakers win because it takes out a lot of excitement of the game. knowing and seeing the same teams win every time, and knowing who the legitamate contenders will be (boston, miami, la, san antonio) really makes the nba predicatable and is why you see so many people lose interest in it.
                  this year, clearly is an acception to this because the nba is finally good! there is excitement back to the game because there is now possibilities of upsets, whereas in the passed 10 to 15 years, most ppl predict the same 4 or 5 teams winning. upsets adds excitement to the game, and as you just said you are not a fan of any team, i would expect you would like to see some exciting and surprising things happen wouldnt you?

cuz i live in LA and im a fan of the old bulls team (jordan,pippen,etc) so phil jackson is one of a kind coach. I think Lakers had a good team but they mess it up and gets their head big. I like it when they play good, organized and focused like last year but they were completely out of it.

i like any team thats good and their players dont talk shit like lebron, celtics and other teams that get hot for 5 min. so since im not a fan of any certain team i'd enjoy any team that puts up a good game, but since im from LA, lakers would have to be my favs most of the time. Although i do like this bulls team with rose and pippen being part of management.

Comment

they need a new team for next season that is for sure
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                      im not a big laker fan but i do root for them when they are doin good.

what i hate the most is lakers fans, most of this town becomes lakers fans when they are winning .

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post

chesh ghoreh naro maloosak

what i meant is i enjoy good basketball and football. When i root for lakers im not like those fans i described.

Comment

lakers got jizzed on

Comment

I don't quite understand the "blow it up" mentality that a lot of Lakers fans and NBA fans in general are employing. It seems obvious that Buss, Kupchak and Kobe don't think that's a good idea. At least I recall Kobe saying that it shouldn't be done. What's worse is all the people calling for Gasol's head--without him, the Lakers wouldn't have won back to back Championships. He can afford to have one bad playoff series after helping the team to two championships if you ask me.

Bynum is an immature punk that embodies everything I hate about the ego-inflated, do-no-wrong, "I'm untouchable because I'm a Laker and Stern won't do a single thing" mentality that makes me detest the Lakers... but he's turning into a decent center and it would be rash to trade him off.

The Lakers' biggest weakness is the PG position. Fisher is old and is becoming useless, and Blake exposed himself as a less than satisfactory backup guard. If the Lakers could find a way to get a decent starter PG through FA (ideally pry Brooks away from the Suns) then I think they would be set for another solid run. Brooks doesn't offer much defense, but he's a high scorer and would benefit greatly from all the double-teams Kobe and Gasol would get. If the Lakers get a coach like Adelman, that team will be averaging triple digits night in, night out.

Keep Gasol, keep Bynum, pick up a 1-guard through FA, pick up a solid coach with a good track record, and the Lakers will be back next year. They won't win a championship, though, due to the radical power shift to the East. The Lakers' biggest weakness going into the offseason is that their trade chips also happen to be valuable parts of their roster. If they can't get anything going in FA, then they might be forced to make a trade including Bynum or Odom; and if that would turn out being the case, Center would become a needed return.
                            "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
                            Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

Originally posted by Makan View Post
                              I don't quite understand the "blow it up" mentality that a lot of Lakers fans and NBA fans in general are employing. It seems obvious that Buss, Kupchak and Kobe don't think that's a good idea. At least I recall Kobe saying that it shouldn't be done. What's worse is all the people calling for Gasol's head--without him, the Lakers wouldn't have won back to back Championships. He can afford to have one bad playoff series after helping the team to two championships if you ask me.
                              Bynum is an immature punk that embodies everything I hate about the ego-inflated, do-no-wrong, "I'm untouchable because I'm a Laker and Stern won't do a single thing" mentality that makes me detest the Lakers... but he's turning into a decent center and it would be rash to trade him off.
                              The Lakers' biggest weakness is the PG position. Fisher is old and is becoming useless, and Blake exposed himself as a less than satisfactory backup guard. If the Lakers could find a way to get a decent starter PG through FA (ideally pry Brooks away from the Suns) then I think they would be set for another solid run. Brooks doesn't offer much defense, but he's a high scorer and would benefit greatly from all the double-teams Kobe and Gasol would get. If the Lakers get a coach like Adelman, that team will be averaging triple digits night in, night out.
                              Keep Gasol, keep Bynum, pick up a 1-guard through FA, pick up a solid coach with a good track record, and the Lakers will be back next year. They won't win a championship, though, due to the radical power shift to the East. The Lakers' biggest weakness going into the offseason is that their trade chips also happen to be valuable parts of their roster. If they can't get anything going in FA, then they might be forced to make a trade including Bynum or Odom; and if that would turn out being the case, Center would become a needed return.
                              I like brooks a lot but i think the lakers should be looking for a PG who can stay in front of the other great pgs in the league. Sure brooks might give u 20 but westbrook, etc would drop 40 on him

maybe trade up for nolan smith?

why am i giving the lakers advice? Forget Nolan I say give steve blake a long term deal!

Comment

Working...
                              X