Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester United 2010-2011 Premier League Champions

United most goals (74)
    United best home record (18 wins, 1 draw,45 goals scored and 10 goals conceded)
    Berbatov joint top goalcorer (20 goals)
    Nani top assists (18)

The stuff of champions really.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

barbatov really shut up his haters this year. i saw so many man u fans wrecklessly trash talking him, wanting him out, and he responded to well. kudos to berba, he had a very nice season.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

1. Won the league by 9 points
      2. Enjoyed the best home form in Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign, winning 18 and drawing 1.
      3. Picked up more points than the Treble winning side of 1999.
      4. Booked a place in the European Cup final.
      5. Contains the player with the most Premier League assists (18).
      6. Lost 4 games, which was at least 4 games less than any other club.
      7. Scored more goals than any other club (78).
      8. Failed to score in just 5 games, which was less than any other club.

but still, this is a crap utd team
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

indeed it was a good season but teams like arsenal, chelsea really shot themselves in the foot, i think if they were more focused and played better, it woulda been a real close race. Same with Milan winning in Italy.

btw, the assists stats i really have issues with because there isnt a good way of counting them, sometimes its the guy before the last person who did most of the work and deserves the assist credit, or sometimes its a set piece so naturally teams have a designated person taking set pieces so everytime the team scores, the assist counts under them. But what about the guy who drew the foul to get the set piece? or the guy who drew the penalty? does he get assist credit?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          indeed it was a good season but teams like arsenal, chelsea really shot themselves in the foot, i think if they were more focused and played better, it woulda been a real close race. Same with Milan winning in Italy.

btw, the assists stats i really have issues with because there isnt a good way of counting them, sometimes its the guy before the last person who did most of the work and deserves the assist credit, or sometimes its a set piece so naturally teams have a designated person taking set pieces so everytime the team scores, the assist counts under them. But what about the guy who drew the foul to get the set piece? or the guy who drew the penalty? does he get assist credit?
          It's usually the one who has the last touch before the person actually scoring. So for set-pieces, if your team scores, it would be an assist, which explains Charlie Adams rate of assist.

The person being fouled/getting penalty are not classified as assists.

Comment

Working...
          X