Aravane Rezai has filed a lawsuit against her father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aravane Rezai has filed a lawsuit against her father

Persian/French tennis player Aravane Rezai has filed a lawsuit against her father, charging him with extortion, court documents showed Thursday.

Rezai had an on-court shouting match in January with her father, Arsalan, which resulted in him being suspended from WTA events.

Rezai's suit says her father, to whom she had been paying 2,000 euros (2,900 dollars) per month had suddenly increased his "wage" demand to 35,000 euros (50,750 dollars).

The documents, filed in the Paris suburb of Boulogne Billancourt, not far from the French Open venue of Roland Garros, and later referred to officials in Saint Eienne in south-east France where the Iranian-French family lives, also mentioned alleged violence directed at the 52nd-ranked Rezai.

Rezai, playing this week on grass in Birminghan, has had a poor 2011 season. She owns four career titles, including Madrid a year ago.

Prosecutors are still deciding whether to go forward with the case. The furore is strangely reminiscent of other recent family feuds in the women's game, including those of French-American Mary Pierce and Serbo-Australian Jelena Dokic, which also resulted in estrangement from family by the players.

The senior Rezai said in a May 29 interview with Journal du Dimanche that he is not to blame, and instead blamed "scavengers" around his daughter.

In another French interview, he said that the immigrant family depended on Rezai's tennis earnings.

"I'm dedicated to my daughter and I have no retirement. Nothing. I'll see if I can find a job, my wife, but being nearly 60 years is not easy. I want to help young players motivated, I have the experience. But financially, I do not know how we'll do"
    Source: goalzz.com
    Last edited by unique football; 06-11-2011, 07:55 AM.
    sigpic

khak bar saresh

Comment

it just doesn't make sense how 1 can file a lawsuit against there dad
      sigpic

Comment

why doesnt she just sack him instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
          why doesnt she just sack him instead.
          bayad az har tarighi adam marooftar she khob azizam , inam ye bahoonei digast ke attention bishtar dashte bashe
          sigpic

Comment

I actually believe the father.
            The father single-handedly trained the daughter and is responsible for her not falling into a lot of the underhanded shady shit that goes on in tennis.
            I'm sure the daughter is being misled by some ahole.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              I actually believe the father.
              The father single-handedly trained the daughter and is responsible for her not falling into a lot of the underhanded shady shit that goes on in tennis.
              I'm sure the daughter is being misled by some ahole.
              wut can u expect more than a AN supporter?
              sigpic

Comment

This is simply pathetic and shameful. I just could never understand how family members can sue one another!!!

Incidents like this make me thank God a million times a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  This is simply pathetic and shameful. I just could never understand how family members can sue one another!!!
                  Next aravane rezai is going to sue her mom for not making chelo kebab's without dombe (fat)
                  Last edited by unique football; 06-12-2011, 03:14 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    i agree, the worst thing is the father shouldn't have even needed to ask for the extra money, should be been her duty as a child to help out regardless, however 35k a month maybe a bit too much lol. doubt she even makes that much. but getting 2k a month as a manager is nothing tbh.

Comment

very disappointing to hear such stories
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by unique football View Post
                        wut can u expect more than a AN supporter?
                        Yes. She comes across as a very stupid person in video interviews I've seen of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome
                          Actually I feel bad judging either side since we know nothing about the whole matter. From what I understood he's the typical overprotective iranian father who thinks he has to do anything to protect her daughter whether it be meddling with her personal affairs or managing her financial stuff etc and she's the typical western daughter who takes all these as too much interference in her life.

However the father as her manager is definitely underpaid. 2000 euros per month is barely enough for one person let alone a whole family.
                          The protective stuff is what media portrays it as.
                          Rezaei's father is alot like Agassi's father. A man who basically said you most only train for tennis and nothing else (including relationships, fun...) matters until you retire. He's very determined to have his daughter reach the top of the game. He tried the same with the other kids he has, but they didn't have the talent.
                          This family used to travel around and live in a van, going to venues before she started making some money. The daughter should be a little grateful for the support her family has provided and how they basically threw everything away for her.

Comment

I suspect her deep support of Ahmadinejad comes from her father too. There is no way a protective father would let his daughter to travel to Iran and praise the president in the media, unless he told her to.

So I feel sorry for neither.

Comment

Working...
                            X