An Incredible statistic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Incredible statistic.

From October 1937 until May 2011, Manchester United went 3516 consecutive competitive matches with a player on the pitch who'd come through the youth system (a player who was at United from 15-18 and didn't play for anyone else in that time). Arsenal away was the game that broke the run - O'Shea was on the bench but didn't come on. Saw that on another forum and thought it deserved repeating - what a flippen record that is
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

yh i saw that too

Comment

OK, but are all of these players sexy?
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

good stat, but im not sure man utd is the only team.
        i expect teams like bayern, real madrid, barcelona, ajax, sporting lisbon, etc to also have similar records.
        one needs to dig into statistics.
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
          good stat, but im not sure man utd is the only team.
          i expect teams like bayern, real madrid, barcelona, ajax, sporting lisbon, etc to also have similar records.
          one needs to dig into statistics.
          do the bayern one for us please
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

btw,over 74 years.. i pretty much doubt it.
            The closest english team would probably be West Ham

Comment

to be honest it only starts getting impressive from the 90s onwards, before that isnt anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
                to be honest it only starts getting impressive from the 90s onwards, before that isnt anything special.
                It is still special.

please don't hate, but appreciate the beauty of this football club in producing talents from the youth academy.

Comment

What about Manchester City?

Comment

Originally posted by Mort Nejad View Post
                    What about Manchester City?
                    Are you serious? Can't you see the amount of foreigners they have?

this was vs their local rivals man utd.

Man City
                    25 Hart
                    04 Kompany
                    05 Zabaleta
                    17 Boateng (Kolarov 80)
                    28 Kolo Toure
                    07 Milner (A Johnson 73)
                    18 Barry
                    21 Silva
                    34 De Jong
                    42 Yaya Toure
                    32 Tevez (Adebayor 90+4)

none which came from the youth academy.

Comment

Working...
                    X