Wimbledon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon

How about this for a draw? John Isner and Nicolas Mahut have been drawn together in the first round at Wimbledon, just one year on from their incredible and record-breaking marathon match at SW19 last year. American Isner eventually emerged victorious in five sets after a tortuous 11-hour epic against his French opponent last summer.The pair's final set alone lasted over eight hours and was longer than any other tennis match ever played, finishing 70-68 to Isner.Isner served 112 aces, Mahut 103, both more than double the previous record of 51, set by Ivo Karlovic.

British No 1 Andy Murray will launch his own title bid against Spaniard Daniel Gimeno-Traver, and is the same half of the draw as defending champion Rafael Nadal, who beat him in last year's semi-final.

Federer,number three seed,will begin his campaign to retrieve what he must see as "his" Wimbledon title against Mikhail Kukushkin,the world number 61,debuting in the main draw at SW19.Though he's beaten the likes of Stan Wawrinka before,he's not all that strong on grass,his record suggests,so expect a Federer masterclass out on court.The more Roger Federer is written off, the better I feel. I can just watch the tennis minus the hype.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

i really hope murray ****ing goes out fast, we all know he will flop at the end, might as well save us all the heart ace and 24/7 tv coverage of his grumpy ass face!
    nadal ftw!

Comment

Andrea Petkovic!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
        i really hope murray ****ing goes out fast, we all know he will flop at the end, might as well save us all the heart ace and 24/7 tv coverage of his grumpy ass face!
        nadal ftw!
        murray ain't that bad

to be fair, murray won't win a grandslam, but its a shame hes playing at an era where both federrer and nadal are playing, and these two are both legends in tennis already.
        I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

If Federer can keep the momentum of Roland Garros going, I don't see why he can't win this. Nadal's played a heavy season up to now and is surely exhausted (as exhibited through several of his Roland Garros games). GO FEDERER!

Comment

Rezai just lost to Serena..

she played a good game, winning the second set, but williams class and experience was evident.

Comment

arvane was terrible hussein what match did u watch lool

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                Serena after the game :

". She is a really good player I knew it wouldn't be easy."

Lindsay Davenport on BBC TV: "No matter what happens the level of tennis Aravane has shown in this match, even in the first set, has been at such a high level. In the second set she has been able to play the high risk tennis and be consistent so let's see if she can keep it up for the third set."

Obviously, in the third set, she didn't keep it up and lost.

She was not 'terrible' . That would mean she would have lost on straight sets, but winning a set vs a Wimbledon champion like Serena is an achievement itself.

More importantly, what game did you watch dude?

Comment

most importantly she lost failed hussein serena was a class above her she isnt even iranian

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                    Rezai just lost to Serena..
                    she played a good game, winning the second set, but williams class and experience was evident.
                    karma, thats what you get for trying to sure ur dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      karma, thats what you get for trying to sure ur dad.
                      Are you sue?
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

KK, either you are immature or you don't know anything about tennis.. or probably both.

You said:

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                        I gave a response that she was not terrible, seems you accepted that, then said:

most importantly she lost
                        Did I say she won?

failed hussein
                        Nope.

serena was a class above her she isnt even iranian
                        Yep Serena was a class above her and deserved the victory, but it wasn't straightforward like you think. In a 3 set match, winning two sets to one is not really 'domination' . A domination is winning it in straight sets like Roger did today to that Kazakhstan player.

Whether she's Iranian or not, I did not even bring that up :s

Anyhow, good to see Federer progressing with relative ease. His movement is just a joy to watch

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          Are you sue?
                          thats what i meant, dunno why i wrote sure

Comment

Working...
                          X