Blatant Handball not given in Women's WC Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blatant Handball not given in Women's WC Football

This handball is making a lot of noise and how the ref didn't see this, I'm not sure...you have to be blind not to see this:

EDIT:

here's a better video:

Last edited by IranFootball10; 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM.
    sigpic

without the correct sound it just looked like after the shot bounced out that the ref blew the whistle, hence why the defender caught it cos after she drops the ball everyone runs away as if its a free kick

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
      without the correct sound it just looked like after the shot bounced out that the ref blew the whistle, hence why the defender caught it cos after she drops the ball everyone runs away as if its a free kick
      yeah, i'm not too sure, but it seems like FIFA are trying to remove any video that comes on youtube, hence the bad quality video, but i edited my post with a better video which better shows the incident
      sigpic

Comment

here it is, once again:

sigpic

Comment

I don't get it.

It was so obvious, but only like one australian striker appealed for it ?? :S
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Referee sorry for missing Equatorial Guinea handball
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14013772.stm

Hungarian referee Gyoengyi Gaal has apologised to Fifa for missing an obvious handball during Equatorial Guinea's 3-2 loss to Australia at the Women's World Cup on Sunday.

Equatorial Guinea's Bruna caught and held on to the ball for a few moments, believing a free-kick had been awarded.

The defender then let the ball drop to the ground but Gaal waved play on amid Australian protests.

The incident was also missed by the assistant referee.

The Women's World Cup in Germany is not using the two additional officials behind the goals that have been tested out in other tournaments, including the Europa League.

The loss to Australia and Brazil's 3-0 win over Norway means that Equatorial Guinea can no longer reach the quarter-finals in Germany.

Gaal, who has been a referee since 2002, has not been named to officiate in any of the eight final group games.

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
              X