Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA 2011-12 Season discussion (Your opinions on the Lockout?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA 2011-12 Season discussion (Your opinions on the Lockout?)

Well as anticipated team owners Locked out the players till further notice on July 1st, I hope this one does not last long and nobody pulls off an Ewing and make shit worse. I stumbled on this article which has some good suggestions regarding the new CBA and how to revise it to benefit both parties. I thought I might share it here for everyone to take a look as it is a good read.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20339&

Comment

its a long off season, they should resolve it by september

also NBA should do something cuz now days players can easily go to other leagues and get their money there and people would just tune there

Comment

the only 2 things that's stupid is A) NBA TV is showing a blackscreen
        B) nba.com and all its team websites look worst than their first designs.

Comment

one word: greed, while people struggle to make ends meet, they are fighting over more money that the fans have give them over the years. and this is how they thank the fans!!
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

its so stupid on the players part...david stern proposed to change the average player in the NBA's salary from 7 million a year to 5 million a year...if this doesnt get resolved for greedy reasons like that...any player who opposes does not belong in the NBA because thats just pure greed.

all in all...i assume the players/owners will come to their sences soon enough to avoid missing any games of the regular season. i just hope it happens sooner rather than later so us fans (especially the diehard ones like me) can have much less to worry about.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

these players def. get more than soccer players, even some star players, and soccer is a much harder sport to play and its year long as opposed to these spoiled brats who get 5 MONTHS off each year

Comment

This is going to get ugly. Doesn't seem like they will budge, at least for now. A whole season can go by. The owners play with the numbers, and the Players want to be wealthier then before (to maintain their lifestyle).

Comment

At first I was on the owners side because all the players make their guaranteed money but the nba claimed 22 of the 30 teams lost money. In this case, yes there needs to be some serious restructuring. But now if you look at their actual accounting documents, there is an accounting principle which takes part of the amount that the owner bought the team for and counts it as a loss so the budget balances. Thats why the PA isnt buying all of that losing money crap

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                    At first I was on the owners side because all the players make their guaranteed money but the nba claimed 22 of the 30 teams lost money. In this case, yes there needs to be some serious restructuring. But now if you look at their actual accounting documents, there is an accounting principle which takes part of the amount that the owner bought the team for and counts it as a loss so the budget balances. Thats why the PA isnt buying all of that losing money crap
                    The fact that only a few teams can be considered profitable franchises is true, additionally players' salaries being the bigger part of the expenses is true as well. But I believe the 45% suggested by the owners is ridiculous and they should raise it up as high as 52-54% like what the players' Union is asking.

Comment

Wondering what are NBA players up to during the lockout?
                      Kevin Durant is visiting China:
                      Gilbert Arenas started the Planking craze among his colleagues:

Dwight Howard:

John Wall:

Vince Carter:

Seems like Melo got it wrong:

I think I found the first example:

Comment

but who exactly is asking for a raise? the union members are most likely not players or former players...so it seems like they need a raise, not the actual players. Are there specific players coming out saying 'im broke and cant pay my bills' ? usually these unions are ran by @holes and have ridiculous demands

Comment

Meanwhile Lebron is taking his talents to the next level:

Comment

rumor; hadadi to lakers

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hadadi deported back to iran

Comment

shame on these rich cry baby bastards......there will probably be NO NBA season cuz of some minor crap

this means THOUSANDS of jobless people this year cuz these rich people dont wanna take a little paycut and downgrade from driving a $300K car to a $250K car

Comment

Working...
                              X