No announcement yet.

Copa America 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Argentina suck so much in defense and midfield, they've just got amazing strikers. As I said earlier in the thread I think it will be a Uruguay-Brazil final and Brazil will beat them easy.

Brazil 3-0 Uruguay in the final, you heard it here 1st !

Comment

imo, argentina simply got unlucky. They dominated posession and 4 out of 5 times, the ball was in their possession, going towards the uruguayan goal. They simply just cant finish. Reminds me of the Iran team of a few years back. Anyway, Muslera pulled off some brilliant saves, as a gk i am very envious of his performance. Penalties is anyones game and Tevez sure shot a k!ri penalty.

Comment

I think Tevez's penalty was okay, just came down to chance.

Anyways, I think that will be the end of my copa america viewing. Just watched it to check out messi.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
          I think Tevez's penalty was okay, just came down to chance.

Anyways, I think that will be the end of my copa america viewing. Just watched it to check out messi.
          If you want to enjoy watching Messi just follow his Barca games, that kid is a quitter when it comes to International scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
            Lol Argentina suck so much in defense and midfield, they've just got amazing strikers. As I said earlier in the thread I think it will be a Uruguay-Brazil final and Brazil will beat them easy.

Brazil 3-0 Uruguay in the final, you heard it here 1st !
            i doubt it.

brazil has not been playing convincingly at all. they have had a very similar tournament to argentina thus far by tying a lower-tier south american team (brazil vs venezuela, argentina vs bolivia) and a big win over a team they should have beaten (brazil vs ecuador, argentina vs costa rica).

i cant see brazil, with their form, beating paraguay tomorrow. if they do manage to do so and chile beats venezuela, i would have my $ on chile for that game also.

if you manage to prove me wrong and brazil makes it to the final, ill give you half my gold
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
              i doubt it.
              brazil has not been playing convincingly at all. they have had a very similar tournament to argentina thus far by tying a lower-tier south american team (brazil vs venezuela, argentina vs bolivia) and a big win over a team they should have beaten (brazil vs ecuador, argentina vs costa rica).
              i cant see brazil, with their form, beating paraguay tomorrow. if they do manage to do so and chile beats venezuela, i would have my $ on chile for that game also.
              if you manage to prove me wrong and brazil makes it to the final, ill give you half my gold
              If Brazil and Uruguay both make it to the final and Brazil wins 3-0 give me all your gold

EDIT: Brazil played great last game, they only let in 2 goals because Julio Cesar was soorakh that day and made 2 bloopers. Dani Alves has been the flop for Brazil but last game they replaced him with Maicon and he was their best player.

Comment

lol... argenitinian chokers once again choked like every other tournament they play in. overrated as always.

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                imo, argentina simply got unlucky. They dominated posession and 4 out of 5 times, the ball was in their possession, going towards the uruguayan goal. They simply just cant finish. Reminds me of the Iran team of a few years back. Anyway, Muslera pulled off some brilliant saves, as a gk i am very envious of his performance. Penalties is anyones game and Tevez sure shot a k!ri penalty.
                uruguay's legitimate goal (caceres) was called offside wrongly...
                Originally posted by siavasharian
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                  If Brazil and Uruguay both make it to the final and Brazil wins 3-0 give me all your gold
                  EDIT: Brazil played great last game, they only let in 2 goals because Julio Cesar was soorakh that day and made 2 bloopers. Dani Alves has been the flop for Brazil but last game they replaced him with Maicon and he was their best player.
                  done deal my friend

brazil's big win is definately moral boosting and was definately needed to go into the quarterfinals with a nice big win, but like i said, they're story this tournament thus far is very similar to argentina's and i dont see them any differently than argentina. we'll just have to wait a bit and see who is right
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

In light of Messi playing two notches below his Barca self, do you guys remember a player that performs better at their national matches than their clubs?

Comment

i havent followed copa america very well due to the game times, but i think a chile - uruguay final is very possible (unless they meet before that)
                      Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Rumez View Post
                        In light of Messi playing two notches below his Barca self, do you guys remember a player that performs better at their national matches than their clubs?
                        Miroslav Klose, Michael Ballack, Ali Daei practically the whole German national team lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                          i havent followed copa america very well due to the game times, but i think a chile - uruguay final is very possible (unless they meet before that)
                          thats my prediction
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                            done deal my friend
                            brazil's big win is definately moral boosting and was definately needed to go into the quarterfinals with a nice big win, but like i said, they're story this tournament thus far is very similar to argentina's and i dont see them any differently than argentina. we'll just have to wait a bit and see who is right
                            They are not the same as Argentina, Brazil have been getting better as a team where as with Argentina only Messi has been getting better not the team.

Brazil have an amazing GK, amazing defence, good Midfield and Amazing Forwards and they are all starting to click. Argentina have an average GK, soorakh defence, soorakh midfield and amazing forwards and rely on Messi to start all attacks. I knew Uruguay had a good shot at beating them.

Watch the game tomorrow and see how much better they are then Argentina.

Comment

watched the game, can't believe what happened!

few points:

1. This Uruguay team is very resilient and you can never count them out. They played with 10 men most of the match and never gave up, they are very organised in the back.

2. Argentina's defence sucks! You can't expect to win tournaments when you don't have two decent center backs and full backs.

3. Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez do an amazing job for this team. Forlan is an amazing leader.

Comment

Alright, just woke up.
                                Here are my views:

1) The game became too scrappy at the start of the second half.

2) Despite Uruguay always being a threat at the counter, Argentina had numerous chances to seal the game.

3) Batista's subs were wrong - You'd think they are right at that very moment, but i just couldn't help thinking that Di Maria and Aguero if put in their respected positions, would have done far better then the substitutes that were placed.

4) It was wrong to play with 4 strikers. The formations bar showed that Argentina were playing a 4-3-3 But with Di Maria slightly higher up the pitch in a striker/mifield position. He became practically useless.

5) Tevez substituted and that was the turning point. He played relatively deep and we all know that's not where the real Tevez likes to play.

6) With no Mascherano, Argentina's only real playmaker was that of Biglia - Who despite being decent, didn't have a big enough impact.

7) Messi faded away in second half. You just desperately need a supporting midfield, and there was none of that. He also missed twice in the game. I understand him though - The whole game plan was wrong.

8) When the best player in the world does not receive support what does he do? The result of Messi being unable to receive support, was that he'd usually drift around, sometimes to the left and sometimes to the middle.

9) And the most glaring difference Messi had no one to pass to as none of the offensive players were making runs! Higuain - Albeit having two good chances and using them well - Was isolated for most parts of the game and never came back deep but always Stayed there. In fact, it was only Higuain that was occasionally making runs, and Argentina's biggest chances came from the Messi-Higuain combo.

10) It would have been more suited if Batista would have Dropped Aguero and put di maria in a less of a wide position which would then give messi that target man to give passes to.

All in all, it was a tactical failure by Batista, but it was a game that could have been easily won by Argentina.
                                Football prevails again.

Comment

Working...
                                X