Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

franck Ribery: I can match Messi

hahaha yeah right

Franck Ribery has said that he can be as good as Lionel Messi if he stays injury-free and plays under the right coach.

The 28-year-old winger has been plagued by fitness problems over the past two seasons and Bayern Munich have missed his influence. "In my first two years (at Bayern) the level I played at was really unbelievable," the France international said in an interview with Sport Bild.

"Messi has now shown that for three or four years in a row. That is fantastic. I have spoke with his Barcelona team-mate (Eric) Abidal (Ribery's France team-mate) a lot about Messi's game. He told me that Messi's mentality is outstanding, he always stays relaxed.

If I am 100 per cent fit again and free in my head, have a good relationship with the coach - so if the base is right - I can reach Messi's level.
    Franck Ribery
    "That is the only way to achieve a high level of performance over a long period. If I am 100 per cent fit again and free in my head, have a good relationship with the coach - so if the base is right - I can reach Messi's level. That is not in question for me."

Ribery feels Bayern's new coach Jupp Heynckes, whom he has compared to former boss Ottmar Hitzfeld, could be the one to get the best out of him. "Under Jupp Heynckes at the moment I often think of Hitzfeld," Ribery added.

"He has the same strengths, speaks to the players a lot and allows them their freedom on the pitch. That is exactly what I need. I feel free again, able to show what I have to offer. I trust myself again to take on challenging dribbles or play a dangerous pass."

haha ok scarface

Comment

which messi?
      argentina's messi? or barca's messi?

you see, if you put a good player in messi's position in barca's you'd get a lot from him. I think a lot of messi's success is due to the support he gets from the likes of xavi, iniesta , ... in barcelona.
      without xavi's vision and iniesta's passing and penetration in argentina, messi was lowered to a mere "good player" like hundreds of other players.

no wonder riberi claims such things.

Comment

First of all, wrong section.
        Second of all, he is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
          which messi?

you see, if you put a good player in messi's position in barca's you'd get a lot from him. I think a lot of messi's success is due to the support he gets from the likes of xavi, iniesta , ... in barcelona.
          without xavi's vision and iniesta's passing and penetration in argentina, messi was lowered to a mere "good player" like hundreds of other players.

For me Messi is the best player i have every seen.
          The way he finds space even in the most tenous spaces is magnificent.
          When Messi scores - It looks easy.
          Not that type of easy as when Ronaldinho, Pele or Maradona score - But easy in a way that you'd think you'd be able to replicate that - But you just cant.
          I have never in my lifte time of watching football, seen a player like him.
          Best ever to play the game in my opinion.

And of course as others have mentioned - Wrong Section

Comment

Messi in Barca is much superior than the Messi in Argentina. Messi is more accomplished more in league level yet Ribery is more accomplished in international level.

Comment

which messi?

just cuz argentina doesnt get results, doesnt mean messi played bad

he has played great for argentina but the team has been unsuccessful cuz of coaching, in copa especially he was playing out of position and marked heavily

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                just cuz argentina doesnt get results, doesnt mean messi played bad

he has played great for argentina but the team has been unsuccessful cuz of coaching, in copa especially he was playing out of position and marked heavily
                Oh come on, in WC it was Maradona's fault, now its this coach's fault? Messi cant not do shit if he does not have the full force and support of Barca with him and its been proven over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                  Oh come on, in WC it was Maradona's fault, now its this coach's fault? Messi cant not do shit if he does not have the full force and support of Barca with him and its been proven over and over again.

did u watch the game?? u guys talk like messi just scores goals by tap ins he does the same manuvers in national team...yes this coach sucked cuz he was playing him on the right wing and he was sending good passes but they didnt finish.

Comment

did u watch the game?? u guys talk like messi just scores goals by tap ins he does the same manuvers in national team...yes this coach sucked cuz he was playing him on the right wing and he was sending good passes but they didnt finish.
                    I watched their last two games, their only win and the loss against Uruguay. No he is not the same Messi in Barca and its not the position change man, its the team change. Dont get me wrong he is the best player in the world as long as he is in Barca but when it comes International games he is just another star who can be shut down easily.

Comment

which messi?

Not just Xavi and Iniesta but also his link up play with Dani Alves is amazing. Also something I've noticed is Dani Alves plays K!ry aswell when playing for Brazil compared to Barca.

In Barca both Messi and Dani Alves expect to get accurate passes straight to their feet and when they don't get the same service in their NT they start playing like sh!t.

Barcelona only know how to play 1 way and the players are soo used to that 1 style of playing, that when it comes to change their style for their country they cant do it.

Only the Spanish national team players are benefiting from Barcelona's style because they play practically the same as Barcelona and most of the team are Barcelona players !

If Messi played for a team like Inter Milan or Man Utd where the ball doesn't just come to your feet and you have to run around a bit more he would become much more efficient for his NT.

He is still the best player in the world but he has to learn to play another way with his NT.

Comment

I watched their last two games, their only win and the loss against Uruguay. No he is not the same Messi in Barca and its not the position change man, its the team change. Dont get me wrong he is the best player in the world as long as he is in Barca but when it comes International games he is just another star who can be shut down easily.

i dont get how the TEAM affects his individual skills? makes no sense. ur telling me he can dribble 3 people in barcelona cuz of xavi and iniesta's presence but in argentina he loses focus and trips over his foot?

Comment

Messi actually played well in argentina's last two games against Costa Rica and Uruguay. The assists he provided were magnificent. Now one could argue if Argentina had a coach like Bielsa, Hiddink or Guardiola they would be much better off.

The problem is that although Argentina possesses an embarrassment of riches up front they lack that depth in defense and midfield.

Argentina's two center backs were a bench warmer in milito and a mediocre in burdisso.

compare that to what barcelona has and you see the difference.

Also Argentina doesn't have a deep lying play maker like Xavi or Xabi Alonso to start from the back.

Comment

^
                            true, but argentina didnt lose because the weakness in their defense.

their midfield is crap and so uncreative that inspite of having possession in all their games, they couldnt create a lot of chances and the chances they created were wasted by ther "star" forwards.
                            Originally posted by siavasharian
                            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

i dont get how the TEAM affects his individual skills? makes no sense. ur telling me he can dribble 3 people in barcelona cuz of xavi and iniesta's presence but in argentina he loses focus and trips over his foot?
                              he doesn't have the same link up play in argentina that he does in barcelona.

the width dani alves provides at barca and the passes and one-two's he makes with xavi and iniesta help open up space for him to do his magic. he doesn't have that understanding in argentina.

he can spend more time closer to goal and doesn't have to worry about dropping back as much.

Comment

Working...
                              X