Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klinsmann to coach USA

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/J...-appointments/

I too heard this on the CNN today... Very good move for the USA.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

im very happy with the move. as soon as they announced bob bradley was sacked, i knew right away klinsman was going to become manager. it was such an obvious move every USA fan saw it coming....hope he can be successful
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Great. Love the move

Comment

I had speculated this months ago, about time, all the necessary tools and elements were present in order to pick him as the new US coach!

Comment

This is like our own hiring of CQ, they tried to hire a big name coach to cover up for their weaknesses in their football team.
            sigpic

Comment

It was the best move they could make. Klinsmann is not the tactical genius type. He knows how to make the team implement the basics formidably and has an exceptional charismatic character which is essential to a team like US. Expect Team USA to enter the field with a totally different mentality and an endless hunger for victory when he gets to settle in.

Comment

Seems like the perfect match

Comment

They should have gotten him sooner, preferably as soon as the World Cup had ended as it was being reported last year!

Bob Bradley is a solid coach, no doubt, but he severely lacks tactical imagination and risk taking.It has almost always been the likes of Donovan, Howard, Dempsey (and Michael Bradley to an extent) dragging this team by themselves at times!

USA needs to be more attack minded, as well as doing something about leaking goals at times!
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting article on Klinsmann and US Basketball

http://thevangundy.wordpress.com/201...s-initiatives/
                    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                      They should have gotten him sooner, preferably as soon as the World Cup had ended as it was being reported last year!

Bob Bradley is a solid coach, no doubt, but he severely lacks tactical imagination and risk taking.It has almost always been the likes of Donovan, Howard, Dempsey (and Michael Bradley to an extent) dragging this team by themselves at times!

USA needs to be more attack minded, as well as doing something about leaking goals at times!
                      USA had always wanted him, offered a contract years ago. But Klinsmann himself did not want the job, apparently since his heart was not with the USA. My inner feeling tells me the good performance by the USA women's team this month in the World Cup must have motivated Klinsmann to try and emulate what that Swedish headcoach has done with the women's team.
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        USA had always wanted him, offered a contract years ago. But Klinsmann himself did not want the job, apparently since his heart was not with the USA. My inner feeling tells me the good performance by the USA women's team this month in the World Cup must have motivated Klinsmann to try and emulate what that Swedish headcoach has done with the women's team.
                        i havent heard that one before. where did you hear that if you dont mind me asking? im not so sure how accurate that is because hes been working with usa to develop its football (specifically toronto fc which plays in mls).

i know on espn they were talking earlier that he was offered the job twice before, but he wasnt offered enough power and control over youth teams like u23, u21, u17....so he rejected the first 2 times. now this time when the federation made its offer, they offered him more authority, therefore he finally accepted. thats the story espn and foxsoccer gave
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                          That's odd. Klinsmann and his family have been living in California for nearly 10 years now, and he has a green card if I recall. He had shown interest in the job, but was probably demanding a lot of money for it which USSF was not yet ready to give.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                            That's odd. Klinsmann and his family have been living in California for nearly 10 years now, and he has a green card if I recall. He had shown interest in the job, but was probably demanding a lot of money for it which USSF was not yet ready to give.
                            that was never really a factor either. the financial terms were always accepted by him.

again, it was because of a lack of authority he would be given over the technical side that the negotiations fell through previously

here is an article from last september about previous negotiations:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...cer/index.html
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Klinsmann rejected the offers in the past because he wanted total control of the US' national team which the US federation didn't agree. However, that has changed since the US federation is in dire need of change and Klinsmann has the experience to bring progress to the national team.

Comment

Working...
                              X