Roy Keane Testimonial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Keane Testimonial

last night was Roy Keane testimonial match match for manchester united.it was a friendly match between united and celtic which the manks won it 1-0.what turned out to be funnu was,all Celtic fans which counted for 65000 of the 70000 started to sing Liverpool anthem.I thought it was really hillarious and as a passionate Liverpool fan i loved it !!
    CHO IRAN NABASHAD TANE MAN NABAD.
    sigpic
    THERE WAS ONLY ONE EAGLE IN THE SKY

Comment

Well i dont know if you know or not but Manchester united and Liverpool are arch rivals in English football and this goes back to years of intense rivalry.Liverpool is a port which in 19 and 20th century saw a lot of irishmen(celts) come and settle there, thats why there is strong support between the irish comunity for liverpool.Celtic of scotland is also strongly supported by these people beacuse of religous reaons and lolblolobla.last night in Manchester there was Keane's testimonial and lots of Celtic fans turned up for that and to wind united fans up they were singing the You'll never walk alone anthem which is orignially a liverpool anthem but also Celtic fans use it.hope this answers ur question.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iranforever2006
        last night was Roy Keane testimonial match match for manchester united.it was a friendly match between united and celtic which the manks won it 1-0.what turned out to be funnu was,all Celtic fans which counted for 65000 of the 70000 started to sing Liverpool anthem.I thought it was really hillarious and as a passionate Liverpool fan i loved it !!
        i didnt hear anything and no newspaper said anything as you know if anything like that happens british media would write about it they love this kind of shit

Comment

Not exactly, the "You'll never walk alone" anthem is used also by the Celtic fans as well before each game. So much for originality
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
            Not exactly, the "You'll never walk alone" anthem is used also by the Celtic fans as well before each game. So much for originality
            yes i know.but it is originally a Liverpool anthem.they have strated however singning it everywhere nowadays.i personally have seen fans singing it for Ajax,Bayern,PSV and Celtic.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for teh explanantion....! i lvoe that slogan..." youll never walk alone" wow....seems really uniting

Comment

Maybe all you English speaking Iranians should chant "You'll neva walk alone" before each Iranian game in the World Cup
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X