No announcement yet.

2011 William Jones Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure YET but I think Iran knocked out Jordan out of the semis by winning this in the fashion they did.

EDIT: only if Philppines beats Japan in the next game, Jordan will be out for sure.

Comment

http://wjc.basketball-tpe.org/files/...2790-10000.php

Well what an enjoyable game it was indeed! Credit to Haddadi for his defense in the second half with some nice and hammering blocks and the presence of him in the paint.Though he was pretty lazy in the first half.

We were playing with just one starter of our full potential squad in Haddadi(missing Kamrani,Afagh,Samad and Arsalan as starters). Kamrani was on the court for like 5 minutes in the second Quarter.

Javad Davari saved the day with 2 crucial 3 pointers when we were down by 6 at the wire.Oshin had a solid performance to.The game winning shot by Viesi was just brilliant.

Tomorrow we will matchup with the pinoys(Phillipines) in the semifinal game at 19:00 local time.

Comment

^ how do you know for sure iran will play vs. philippines? taipei vs. korea hasn't been played yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
          ^ how do you know for sure iran will play vs. philippines? taipei vs. korea hasn't been played yet.
          Well we will be ranked 3rd and philippines at the second place whatever happens in the Taiwan-Korea game.

Comment

looks like kazemi for sure can't play in asian championship though he claims he tried and wanted to but rice uni didn't grant the permission:
            http://www.fibaasia.net/InterviewDetails.aspx?id=111

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
              Well we will be ranked 3rd and philippines at the second place whatever happens in the Taiwan-Korea game.
              oh thanks. im not very good with the basketball round robin point system.
              that would be a good game to get revenge against those pinoys after they handed our first loss when iran started the tourney poorly prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                looks like kazemi for sure can't play in asian championship though he claims he tried and wanted to but rice uni didn't grant the permission:
                http://www.fibaasia.net/InterviewDetails.aspx?id=111
                That was a news for like 10-14 days ago!! The letter i'm talking about is pretty new!

And something to laugh,the link you provided is a short talk written by me!

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                  That was a news for like 10-14 days ago!! The letter i'm talking about is pretty new!
                  And something to laugh,the link you provided is a short talk written by me!
                  oh lol

Comment

Iran vs. Philippines Semi Final to start in 30mins or so.

watch it live here:
                    http://www.justin.tv/iammatrix (HQ link but chinese)
                    http://1pinoynatin.blogspot.com/2011...free-live.html (standard link in english)

EDIT: iran game will start later than my predicted time. taipei-korea (the other semi final) has gone to OT being tied with 71-71.
                    Last edited by Farhad-7; 08-13-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Let Arsalan Kazemi Play in FIBA Asia Championships

PEOPLE WITH FB LIKE THIS. AK is badly trying to let Rice let him go to the games for a week or so.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Let-A...048164?sk=wall

Comment

Iran game to start soon in the links I posted above.

kamrani might not play due to small injury. being cautious for the asian championship in sept. afagh hasn't recovered yet to play. and of course bahrami is still in iran recovering from his injury.

Iran and especially Haddadi should keep close eye on Marcus Doughit, the american black player of Philippines

Korea made the final by winning 90-85 after OT against Taipei.
                        Last edited by Farhad-7; 08-13-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Iran 36-27 Phlippines half time

22points by Haddadi so farbut he needs more blocks.

haddadi injured his hand twice. one right at the end in the buzzer but slamming into the rim. hopefully he's okay.

Comment

Good game so far overall,but it seems our boys got a bit lazy ending the first half. Haddadi was too much for Douthit in offense. This guy Nabipoor isn't worth playing even a single minute. We don't have a backup PF at the moment with Rouzbeh Arghavan being held back in Iran due to "military service" issues and of course Arsalan still trying to make it to play. Oshin needed a rest and that was the time Philippines cut the lead to 9 again after being down by 17.

Comment

Iran 78-59 Philippines

what a game by haddadi. 36pts!!!
                              great team performance overall. iran showing it's improving.
                              not to mention iran is still without bahrami and afagh. + kamrani now. (being saved for asian championship)

iran plays korea tomorrow in the final.

Comment

any tv channels gonna show the final? Like irib 2 or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X