2011 William Jones Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
    any tv channels gonna show the final? Like irib 2 or something?
    yes there is the east-asian ESPN channel that will show the final which you can watch online.

i doubt irib will show it.

Comment

A great team performance by Iran from the word go. They were on top from the very first minutes into the game and never gave up their lead. I'm happy our boys showed that the first game was just a simple incident and it was because of the tired legs and untrained individuals like Haddadi and Kamrani.

It's obvious who the MVP was.36 points,5 blocks is just remarkable for our big fella. Good to see him motivated against Marcus Douthit who found space in the first game where Hamed was pretty unfit. Javad Davari was brilliant on D and Oshin just takes our defensive team work couple of levels higher. Aren played with enthusiasm and Davarpanah did ok to me. Good to see coach Matic not letting Mehdi Kamrani play. We can't risk any injuries in these kind of minor tournaments.

Hope to get the revenge from Korea right here in this cup too.

Comment

Iran vs. Korea FINAL to start soon.
        links below:

http://1pinoynatin.blogspot.com/2011...free-live.html (click the imageshack to get rid of ads)
        http://www.justin.tv/iammatrix#/w/1616599232/4

Iran should watch out for Stevenson AKA Moon of Korea. He's half black/korean and he sure can shoot.

Comment

gotta love haddadi doing a double block on a bigger guy than him

looks like kamrani won't be risked tonight either as well as afagh who is watching. bahrami better be recovering for asian champ. in iran.
          Last edited by Farhad-7; 08-14-2011, 05:13 AM.

Comment

haddadi hits 3 on the buzzer in the end of 1st q. 20-15 iran.

Comment

sh-it another injury added to irans list. veisi is being taken out on a stretcher. looks like something happened to his knee.
              big blow. doesn't look like a pretty injury.

Comment

Haddadi is a class of his own in Asia.
                22pts 7blocks 10rebounds.
                2mins to go in 3rd quarter.

Comment

Iran wins 66-59 against Korea in the final. Iran winning William Jones Cup 3rd time in a row.

to Iran basketball players especially Haddadi. What a beast. I'll provide stats in a bit. Also Iran played a full strength team today like the whole tournament without the likes of Bahrami, Afagh, Kazemi, Kamrani, and Veisi who got injured today and had to be stretchered. We will have a big shot to win the Asian Championship again in China if we have at least 3 of these players. GO IRAN!!!

Comment

tabrik be hame
                    haddadi's a beast, he scored more than 50% of our points, sahakian did well too

Comment

farhad jan when and where is the asian cup this year?

Comment

The Asian Championship will be held in Wuhan,China 15-25 september.

Comment

hey behzadir jan.
                          any news on bahrami recovering in time for asian championship?
                          how about arsalan's case with rice uni?
                          also i'm assuming kamrani and afagh should be fine to come back?
                          veisi must definitely be out after that knee injury in today's game im guessing.

Comment

It sucks to see how not many people care how good our basketball has become. Weve won almost every big asian competition in the last 4 years and every it crying over our football. CONGRATZ IRAN

Comment

i can't wait to see what a player haddadi turns out to be. he just turned 26. that's huge in basketball especially when you play like this in the semis and final.
                              he got 35pts 18rebounds 7 blocks today in final.
                              he got 36pts 8 rebounds 5 blocks yesterday in the semis.

BRING ON ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2011!!!!

hope we'll have the services of bahrami and this team will be unstoppable in Asia just like last time. this team got huge GHEYRAT. they win when it matters the most and get it done.

Comment

^^congrats, that is what i expect to see from haddadi game in and game out, he is our x factor. if he is playing well, it gives our team a great chance to win. if we dominate the paint than we can for sure when the asia championship again.
                                IRI = FAILED

Comment

Working...
                                X