Jose Antonio Camacho set to be appointed as China coach - report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jose Antonio Camacho set to be appointed as China coach - report

It will be a very good signing for china if they land him, which it looks like they will. IMO, they can make it out of their wcq group and definately pose a threat to other teams in the last round of wcq stage.

source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/...as-china-coach
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

HAHA not with camacho. and yes i watch every osasuna game and trust me, with the arsenal of players he had at hand he nearly got them relegated. The new coach used LESS players and managed to finish 9th!

Comment

the only thing that worries me is that he knows how to defend masoud and nekou.....

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
        the only thing that worries me is that he knows how to defend masoud and nekou.....
        Maybe, but at the same time Shojaei and Nekounam are probably familiar with Camacho's tactics and can give Queiroz some advice.

Comment

http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournament...new-china-boss

Beijing: Former Real Madrid and Spain coach Jose Antonio Camacho took over China's national team on Sunday, as the nation sets its sights on the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The 56-year-old replaces Gao Hongbo and will be tasked with turning round the fortunes of the national side.

Camacho, who led Spain to the quarter-finals of Euro 2000 and the 2002 World Cup, signed a three-year contract at a ceremony in Beijing on Sunday, the Chinese Football Association (CFA) said.

The Spaniard, sacked by La Liga side Osasuna in February as they flirted with relegation, said he was looking forward to the challenge.

"Although the current level of Chinese football is not high, it has big potential for development," he said, adding he was confident he could help the team make progress.

Camacho will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of Bora Milutinovic, the Serb coach who earned folk hero status in the world's most populous nation for leading them to the 2002 World Cup finals in Japan and Korea.

Wei Di, vice head of the CFA, said Camacho was tasked with "quickly raising the level of the team, and actively carrying out the national team's preparation work for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers."

Things have started to look up recently, with China unbeaten in five friendly matches that included wins against Honduras, Uzbekistan and DPR Korea.

On Wednesday they beat Jamaica 1-0 at home, but with less than three weeks to go before the first 2014 qualifier, against Singapore, the CFA decided to ditch the Chinese Gao for the experienced Camacho.

After quitting as Spain boss after the 2002 World Cup campaign, the former Real Madrid defender, who also won 81 international caps, took over at Portuguese side Benfica, guiding them to a cup victory and second place in the league.
          He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X