Discussion regarding Iranian combat sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion regarding Iranian combat sports

Iranians love their combat sports and we have great success in sports like taekwondo , wrestling, karate, judo etc.

But why haven't we been able to produce any world class boxers or kick boxers?

Is it because those sports are less popular, or we just not as good in those?

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
    Iranians love their combat sports and we have great success in sports like taekwondo , wrestling, karate, judo etc.
    But why haven't we been able to produce any world class boxers or kick boxers?
    Is it because those sports are less popular, or we just not as good in those?
    I can think of at least one world class kick boxer that Iran has produced.
    You gotta admit you walked right into that one.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

WTF is a combat sport? Let me guess... Is it getting your ass kicked by a chubby little loser after a football match?

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
        WTF is a combat sport? Let me guess... Is it getting your ass kicked by a chubby little loser after a football match?
        Are you trying to be funny?

Comment

Originally posted by Mort Nejad View Post
          Are you trying to be funny?
          Actually the incident I'm alluding to is hilarious but you would not know about it would you?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            I can think of at least one world class kick boxer that Iran has produced.
            You gotta admit you walked right into that one.

Last edited by K. Nader; 08-26-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I live in the Netherlands and train at Mike's Gym. One of the best kickboxers in the world train there. I've sparred with world class fighterslike Melvin Manhoef, Rodney Glunder and Murthel Groenhart.

I was in Iran last year summer and wanted to be in shape because I had a fight right after the summervacation so I went to what would be the best kickboxing school in Teheran and I can tell u that my brother who is 9 years old has a better technique than 90 percent of the guys there.

What makes the dutch muay thai so popular is because of the perfect technique we teach over here. All of my trainers here in Netherlands have all been teached in Thailand(the origin of kickboxing/muay thai) by the best.

What Iran needs are good facilities and possibilities for the trainers to go to Thailand for some teaching in Muay Thai.

Comment

imo we should keep afshin in the roster because hes so young, while players like ghazi etc. aren't going to get better by any means

Comment

wrong thread lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                    EDITED and MEMBER WARNED

i figured your last name
                    Last edited by webmaster; 08-27-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X