Victor Ortiz v. Floyd Mayweather September 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor Ortiz v. Floyd Mayweather September 17th

I honestly haven't been this interested and excited in a fight for a long time, maybe since the Tyson-Holyfield days. Ortiz is a great and humble kid who comes from a tough background, and personally I am rooting for him.

What do you guys think?

Here is Mayweather-Ortiz 24/7 by HBO, I watched it last night and was greatly entertained...def. watch it!!

Personally I think Ortiz can surprise many, but he doesn't impress me that much. He is a good kid and I hope the best for him, but I must root for Mayweather. If Mayweather loses, you might as well kiss Mayweather-Pacquiao good bye!

Last edited by tashakor; 09-04-2011, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Mayweather will win as always, Boxing promoters need to get this Pacquiao and Mayweather fight sorted to bring some interest back into Boxing or soon it will completely die as a sport.

Comment

i hope ortiz kicks his ass, mayweather thinks his God!

but damn his fiance is stunning!

Comment

mannn those 24/7s are so great, floyd is a c0cky bastard but he can be really funny...i loved when he was making fun of ortiz for when he said "he wasn't there" for that fight he lost..."Oh you were there" "you were right there on the canvas!"

and the fight with his dad was ****ing great

it seems like in order to be a great boxer you need a really shitty dad lol

Comment

Mayweather hasn't done shit in 16 months and is getting old. Ortiz is young, hungry and in top form. I'm going with Ortiz to win it, and to be honest, think he should probably be the favorite too.

Comment

Mayweather is the best boxer in the world....that does not mean he is a great guy....I am routing for Ortiz big time.

In two years or so Saul Alvarez will be the best boxer out there....Sergio Martinez is over-rated.

Pacquiao is fast and has the right centre of gravity for a boxer, but his technique is mediocre.

Marcos Maidana could be one of the best boxers out there but he is way too erratic and has very poor defence....it's a shame the guy is entertaining, but he won't be along for very long, he takes too much heavy punishment.
              'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
              ~
              Cyrus the Great
              King of Kings, King of the World

Comment

mayweather chats sh1t ...his 2 scared to fight pacman

Comment

Originally posted by 1908 View Post
                  mayweather chats sh1t ...his 2 scared to fight pacman
                  I don't think so bro. You see boxing is a irrational 'sport', it relies on one thing and that is ignorance to the damage that is inflicted on them. So therefore, NO boxer is scared. Scared to lose is a different matter, but I don't think Mayweather is even scared of losing either or enhancing legacy, if he was he would follow the path of Ali who was a hero to millions of people. Mayweather called his own father a faggot on national TV....so legacy and image is not Mayweather's priority. Money however is. You don't have to be a sports analyst to realise sportsmen hold out from confrontation in order to increase hype and interest. Mayweather's team with Pacman's have liaised to create a hype so that they can earn more money. Mayweather and Pacman would have earned somewhere in between 20-30 million if they jumped at the chance to fight each other a few years ago...now they will both earn between 90-120 million each.
                  ~
                  Cyrus the Great

Comment

Originally posted by Rumi View Post

Pacquiao is fast and has the right centre of gravity for a boxer, but his technique is mediocre.
                    are you serious?!!
                    Originally posted by Rumi View Post
                    Mayweather and Pacman would have earned somewhere in between 20-30 million if they jumped at the chance to fight each other a few years ago...now they will both earn between 90-120 million each.
                    damn that's a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                      are you serious?!!
                      damn that's a lot!
                      Yes to both.
                      Speed in boxing equates power and that's what Pacman has. He lacks precision and boxing techniques such as a good defence, shoulder rolls, counters etc etc.
                      ~
                      Cyrus the Great

Comment

Pretty boy will run circles around this nobody.

Comment

boxing is rigged, winners are picked from before and some great fighters never make it big cuz they dont have the connections.

mayweather will win with a knock out

Comment

Lol @ the finish.

A lot of people say it was a dirty play by Floyd, but Ortiz started it with the dirty headbutt.

Comment

Great fight, I watched it in Laughlin, NV. As for the fight itself. Mayweather did nothing wrong. Ortiz's camp *****ed non-stop about how dirty Mayweather fights, then Ortiz goes on to headbutt him. Mayweather accepted the apology but in boxing you protect yourself at all times. When you are 41-0 you do anything to look out for your interest. Well done to Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                              X