No announcement yet.

National Football League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niners looked pretty good yesterday, I think they'll win the division this year. Is there any doubt that Ted Ginn Jr. is the best return man in the NFL without a doubt? Those 2 returns were fuking unbelievable.

Comment

Did anyone see Cam Newton's stat line? Unbelievable for a rookie's first game.
      "A craftsman pulled a reed from the reedbed, cut holes in it, and called it a human being.
      Since then, it's been wailing a tender agony of parting, never mentioning the skill that gave it life as a flute." -- Rumi

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

"Iranians are poets and tend to use language as though it were paint, to be spread out, blended, swirled. Words can be presented as pieces in a puzzle, pieces that may or may not fit together neatly." - New York Times

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
        Niners looked pretty good yesterday, I think they'll win the division this year. Is there any doubt that Ted Ginn Jr. is the best return man in the NFL without a doubt? Those 2 returns were fuking unbelievable.
        take it easy there my friend, one can certainly debate that desean jackson is as good or better than ginn. they're both definately top kick/punt returners though
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
          take it easy there my friend, one can certainly debate that desean jackson is as good or better than ginn. they're both definately top kick/punt returners though
          Desean is not comparable because he doesn't return kickoffs, only punts. The only guy I'd say is in the same class as Ginn right now as an overall returner would be Leon Washington.

Ginn has now twice in his career returned 2 kicks for TD's in the same game, which is unbelievable.

Comment

wow someone forgot about a little guy known as Devin Hester, only the best returner in NFL history:

Comment

Tied this week in fantasy 160-160...I failed so miserably, I should have won, but I took stupid risks that cost me.

Comment

My older brother is a big 49ers fan so I watch all of their games.

Ginn is definitely one of the best returners in the league. I don't know if he is the best though, I'd give that title to Hester. But I feel bad for Ginn, he just restructured his contract and is taking way less money and he was the best player on the team week 1.

Tough game coming up this week vs the Cowboys who will be looking for their first win.

Alex Smith is still worrisome and Gore looked pretty flat week 1 in my opinion. Kendall Hunter should get more touches.

Good luck the rest of the year!

Comment

I lost by a f*cking margin of 0.25 in a $150 league. FML!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                    My older brother is a big 49ers fan so I watch all of their games.

Ginn is definitely one of the best returners in the league. I don't know if he is the best though, I'd give that title to Hester. But I feel bad for Ginn, he just restructured his contract and is taking way less money and he was the best player on the team week 1.

Tough game coming up this week vs the Cowboys who will be looking for their first win.

Alex Smith is still worrisome and Gore looked pretty flat week 1 in my opinion. Kendall Hunter should get more touches.

Good luck the rest of the year!
                    I forgot about Hester (probably because no one kicks it to him anymore), but you're right about that. Yea sucks for Ginn that he went from $2.2 mil to $1 mil literally right before this performance, he'll get paid well next year though if he keeps this up.

I'm higher on Alex Smith than most, I feel like all he needs is a chance to succeed under someone who believes in him. Gore didn't look the same, I hope the rust wears off and he doesn't have lingering effects from that surgery this summer. Hunter can be potential dynamite. We'll know a lot about where the team stands after Sunday against Dallas like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
                      wow someone forgot about a little guy known as Devin Hester, only the best returner in NFL history:

Check out Eric Metcalf. He was amazing, he was the record holder for most returnes, he may still be.
                      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

I forgot about Hester (probably because no one kicks it to him anymore), but you're right about that. Yea sucks for Ginn that he went from $2.2 mil to $1 mil literally right before this performance, he'll get paid well next year though if he keeps this up.
                        I'm higher on Alex Smith than most, I feel like all he needs is a chance to succeed under someone who believes in him. Gore didn't look the same, I hope the rust wears off and he doesn't have lingering effects from that surgery this summer. Hunter can be potential dynamite. We'll know a lot about where the team stands after Sunday against Dallas like you said.

I couldn't agree more with the Alex Smith comment. It's difficult for a quarterback to learn different systems under many regimes. I feel with Harbaugh, Smith will be much better than previous seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by rugsnotbombs View Post
                          Check out Eric Metcalf. He was amazing, he was the record holder for most returnes, he may still be.

Yeah he was legit no doubt, but Hester holds all of the big records now, and will undoubtedly have a big lead in those categories by the time he returns. My Chicago Bears look pretty awesome this year too. Cutler is finally playing up to his potential and their defense is as good as ever. BTW Alex Smith is a marginal QB at best. That brilliant guy Mike Nolan fcked up the niners (along with the blessing of Mike McCarthy by the way) by making one of the dumbest choices in the draft and selecting a spread offense college QB over a guy named Aaron Rodgers who dominated while at CAL and decimated the best USC defense/team of the past decade in 2004-5.

Comment

Working...
                          X