2011 World Wrestling Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    thanx....so why is that? is greco roman just something we didnt practice much iran and we're focused more on freestyle?
    by the way, last year amir ali-akbari did win gold last year in the world championships in 96 kg...thats considered heavy weight isnt it?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oman_wrestling

96 Kg isn't considered heavyweight in wrestling. Only the 120 Kg category is considered so. And yes we were nothing before Hasan Rangraz's Gold medal a few years ago. To be precise that medal was Iran's first gold after like 30-40 years!!!

So Bashir Babajanzadeh made history this year with his Bronze.

I think Omid Noroozi's Gold medal was only Iran's 10th ever Gold in world Greco Roman championship.

We were dominant as hell in freestyle for years,then we lost our ground to Russians for some years,and that is continuing to go ahead these days. In fact our Greco Roman is now considered way ahead of our Free style. And man i mean it, Mohammad Bana has had a major role in this case. He's absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Mash'Allah Iran! Our boys wrestled superbly throughout the tournament.

Comment

Today is the 1st day of the Freestyle matches and we have Hassan Rahimi competing at 55Kg. His first match is against a Romanian.

UPDATE:

Rahimi won his first match against Romania 1-0, 3-0, Won his second match against North Korea 0-1, 2-1, 1-0 and will now face Bulgaria next.

Rahimi lost to the Bulgarian who is an Olympic bronze medalist 0-1, 1-5, the only chance for a medal now is if the Bulgarian reaches the final.

The Bulgarian has reached the Final, So now there is a chance for Rahimi to win bronze but it's highly unlikely as he has to win 3 matches, he is now facing someone from Belarus

He has beaten the Belarusian and now faces a Georgian, if he wins this match he goes on to face an American for the Bronze medal match.

He beat the Georgian ! Now he will face Nick Simmons of USA for the bronze.

Comment

When is the match against Simmons? Is there any link online? Thanks alot for the updates

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
            When is the match against Simmons? Is there any link online? Thanks alot for the updates
            All medal matches start at 7:30 Istanbul time, basically in 45 mins and it should be showing on Turkish channel TRT 3.

Here are some links:

http://www.trtspor.com.tr/CanliYayin.aspx

http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b6027.htm

Also if you live in US, ESPN 3 is showing it.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
              Well the medals we had before have all been in freestyle. This is indeed a historical moment,and this is the first medal ever in the heavyweight category in Greco Roman wrestling for Iran.
              BTW Iran finished third with Alizadeh losing to a Russian and not reaching the bronze medal match either and also the Turk getting to the final from the other side of the table(the Turk and the Russian will battle for the gold in the final match of Greco Roman wrestling). So the ranking will be:
              1) Russia
              2) Turkey
              3) Iran
              Freestyle wrestling will start from 25th of September.
              this is considering that 2 of our players pulled out because of israel, otherwise we could have won more medals.
              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post

so how did this go? is it over?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  so how did this go? is it over?
                  http://www.trtspor.com.tr/CanliYayin.aspx

It hasn't started yet, I think one more match then Iran vs USA.

Comment

^its showing football?

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                      ^its showing football?
                      Baba the stupid Turks were showing the female medal matches in which a Turk lost her match and then as soon as the mens medal matches were about to start they switched to football.

But anyway ...................

Hassan Rahimi wins Bronze in 55KG Freestyle !!

Comment

I added Hassan Rahimi's bronze medal match from today on the front page, I'm going to add every medal match we have on there but I can't seem to find Bashir Babajanzadeh's bronze match. You have to go on FILA's website to see it.

Great start to the Freestyle competition by picking up a medal, let's hope he we do as well, if not better then our Greco Roman team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
                          I added Hassan Rahimi's bronze medal match from today on the front page, I'm going to add every medal match we have on there but I can't seem to find Bashir Babajanzadeh's bronze match. You have to go on FILA's website to see it.

Great start to the Freestyle competition by picking up a medal, let's hope he we do as well, if not better then our Greco Roman team.
                          Thanks for the video. The iranian fans are so loud! i love it

Comment

thanks for the vids so far man. repped

Comment

We have 3 wrestlers today in 60Kg,84Kg and 96 Kg.

Reza Yazdani carries the most hopes of this team on his shoulders in 96 Kg. He has a fair draw. In 84Kg we have a tough draw.

In 60 Kg Aghajani is somehow new,so we shouldn't count on him that much though there aren't Brilliant wrestlers in this category all over the world.

Rahimi's Bronze medal was his first ever world championship medal. Kudos to him.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                                We have 3 wrestlers today in 60Kg,84Kg and 96 Kg.
                                Reza Yazdani carries the most hopes of this team on his shoulders in 96 Kg. He has a fair draw. In 84Kg we have a tough draw.
                                In 60 Kg Aghajani is somehow new,so we shouldn't count on him that much though there aren't Brilliant wrestlers in this category all over the world.
                                Rahimi's Bronze medal was his first ever world championship medal. Kudos to him.
                                You were right about Aghajani in 60Kg, he won his first match against India 2-0, 3-1 but he lost his second against Kazakhstan 1-0, 3-1. Kazakhstan has to reach the final for any chance of a medal.

Comment

Working...
                                X