Goudarzi lost the match

2-3 1-4

... silver for Iran

Comment

wiki overview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Wo..._Championships

Comment

UPDATE:

I've added Mehdi Taghavi's and Sadegh Goudarzi's final matches on the first page.

Goudarzi's defeat left a bitter taste in my mouth, even though we had an amazing tournament. I'm pretty sure we would of had more medals in Greco-Roman had it not been for drawing Israel in our matches.

I didn't think our Freestyle wrestlers would do as good as our Greco-Roman at the beginning but we did great. We finished in the top 3 in both GR and FS team rankings.

Freestyle Team Rankings

1) Russia 43 pts
            2) Iran 41 pts
            3) USA 38 pts

Greco-Roman Team Rankings

1) Russia 41 pts
            2) Turkey 35 pts
            3) Iran 30 pts

Comment

Our Champions/Medalists

OMID NOROOZI - 60 KG Greco-Roman Champion

SAEID ABDEVALI - 66 KG Greco-Roman Champion

BASHIR BABAJANZADEH - 120 KG Greco-Roman Bronze Medalist

Comment

HASSAN RAHIMI - 55KG Freestyle Bronze Medalist

MEHDI TAGHAVI - 66 KG Freestyle Champion

SADEGH GOUDARZI - 74 KG Freestyle Silver Medalist

REZA YAZDANI - 96 KG Freestyle Champion

Comment

I'm so proud of them all!

Comment

first of all thank you to Shogun Rua for this thread and updates, and thank everyone for the infos and updates too.
                    Unfortunatley, I had no chance to follow or watch the fights this time, so this thread was very beneficial to me.

Well done to our wrestlers, I couldn't do it better myself.... I do hope some of them will grow an Adesorian moustache very soon, ke dige perfect besheh...
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

great job boys!

i just wish goudarzi would've won the gold, im especially upset cuz he lost to an american

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                        first of all thank you to Shogun Rua for this thread and updates, and thank everyone for the infos and updates too.
                        Unfortunatley, I had no chance to follow or watch the fights this time, so this thread was very beneficial to me.
                        Well done to our wrestlers, I couldn't do it better myself.... I do hope some of them will grow an Adesorian moustache very soon, ke dige perfect besheh...
                        Tankoo Tankoo, it vaz my peh-leasure and yes I'm sure if every Iranian wrestler had a sibil like yours, we would have won Gold in every category !

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        great job boys!

i just wish goudarzi would've won the gold, im especially upset cuz he lost to an american
                        Yh I know, we had a chance for a perfect performance in Finals, we won 4 finals and lost 1. It could of been worse though, we could of ended up with 5 silvers lol.

The Americans hadn't won a gold medal in the world championships since 2006! The annoying part is that they had to get their first gold medal in 5 years against us !

Although the American wrestler is amazing and if anything he deserved it more, he had a much tougher draw then Goudarzi. He beat Ukraine in his 1st match and knocked out the 2009 and 2010 champion Denis Tsargush and beat Azerbaijan in Semi Finals.

So if you beat Russia,Iran and Azerbaijan (Top 3 Powerhouses) you definitely deserved to be there. Goudarzi's first 2 matches were against Guinea and Moldova, not exactly a tough draw.

Although Goudarzi must be feeling like sh*t now. He won bronze in 2009, he lost in the final of 2010 against Denis Tsargush and now he loses in the final of 2011 again but hey atleast he is definitely Top 3 in 74KG.

Comment

^ Thanx

so what happened to our wrestler in 120 kg freestyle? at what stage did he lose and who did he lose to?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            ^ Thanx

so what happened to our wrestler in 120 kg freestyle? at what stage did he lose and who did he lose to?

Our wrestler Fardin Masoomi had a very bad match with his Georgian opponent in the first round. He lost the game pathetically in the 3rd time and was eliminated and gave Iran a big 0 point in that category. With Taymazov losing he had a clear chance for a Bronze medal.

If Masoumi hadn't been eliminated Iran had a big chance to be crowned the champions after like 10 years.

Comment

I made a highlight for Reza Yazdani, don't be hating it's the first highlight I've ever made hehe.

Comment

^ i owe u reps forever.....awesome video!
                                if u coulda slowed down some of the take downs, it woulda been even sweeter...but nice job vaghean, damet garm

Comment

Working...
                                X