No announcement yet.

2011 World Wrestling Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babajanzadeh won Bronze in 120 KG aswell !

Comment

f*** FILA...they find a way to disqualify us and we STILL win 3 medals

im sure we'll win a few in freestyle too

Comment

So I'll do a small recap of what happened today for those that don't know ..........

Omid Norouzi wins Gold in 60Kg !!

He beat his 1st opponent from Ukraine 0-2, 3-0, 2-0, then beat a Russian 1-0, 1-0 in his second match. In the Quarter final he beat a wrestler from China 2-0, 5-0. He beat a Korean 2-0, 0-4, 6-0 in the Semi finals and finally he beat a Kazakh in the Final 2-0, 0-4, 6-5 to claim his Gold.

Habibollah Akhlaghi loses in the First Round in the 84Kg Category

He lost to Nazmi Avluca of Turkey who is a numerous time world and european champion and Olympic bronze medalist. He lost the match 1-0, 0-1, 0-1.

Bashir Babajanzadeh wins Bronze in 120Kg

1st match against a Georgian he won 2-0, 1-0, next match against Belarus he won 1-0, 1-0 then went on to beat a Russian 1-0, 1-0. He finally lost to 4x World champion and Olympic gold medalist Mijain lopez of Cuba. Then beat his Polish opponent for the Bronze 1-0, 1-1, 0-0.
        __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____-

3 medals so far is a fantastic result considering this situation with the Israeli wrestlers.

55 Kg- Couldn't face Israeli wrestler, No chance of a Medal.

60 Kg - Omid Norouzi (Gold Medal)

66 Kg - Saeid Abedvali (Gold Medal)

74 Kg - Tomorrow

84 Kg - First round defeat

96 kg - Disqualified for not facing Israeli

120 Kg - Bashir Babajanzadeh (Bronze Medal)

So 3 Medals out of 4 is amazing and we will see what happens tomorrow in the 74 Kg matches.

However I think this is where are success in this tournament ends because our Freestyle results as of late haven't been good, at least not as good as our GR results.

I hope they prove me wrong but I think the maximum we will get in Freestyle is a couple of Bronze, maybe one Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          f*** FILA...they find a way to disqualify us and we STILL win 3 medals

im sure we'll win a few in freestyle too
          It's not FILA's fault we have these retards in charge of our country. I mean It's funny, I would bet money that if a Palestinian wrestler was facing an Israeli, that the match would go ahead with no problems whatsoever. Yet Iran has to suffer because of these little F*cks

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun_Rua View Post
            It's not FILA's fault we have these retards in charge of our country. I mean It's funny, I would bet money that if a Palestinian wrestler was facing an Israeli, that the match would go ahead with no problems whatsoever. Yet Iran has to suffer because of these little F*cks
            ya its besides the fact that IR is scumbags but it sounds fishy that the draw ended up against us in 2 categories we won gold last time

but eitherway if they didnt get drawn, there was still a chance that they'd face the israeli in next rounds

Comment

ya its besides the fact that IR is scumbags but it sounds fishy that the draw ended up against us in 2 categories we won gold last time
              but eitherway if they didnt get drawn, there was still a chance that they'd face the israeli in next rounds
              True it does seem like a bit of a conspiracy but in the end it's all the governments fault.

There are only 2 Israeli wrestlers that can f*ck things up for us left in the tournament, 1 is in the 66KG and the other is in the other is 84kg in Freestyle and the freestyle draws haven't been made yet, so fingers crossed.

But let's thank F*cking God that the Israeli's only brought 5 Wrestlers (3 in GR, 2 in FS) with them. Could you Imagine if they brought 14 ?!?! 1 for each weight and category like we did ?! Then there would be a chance that every wrestler on our team got f*cked out of their chance lol.

Comment

What a great job done by Iran wrestlers in Greco Roman. I mean these results are way above outstanding with the situation they got into in 55Kg and 96 Kg. i mean when the draw was made for the first 3 categories it must have been a shock in the team for sure. Mohammad Bana is a genius in how he got this team's moral boosted one again after what happened with our 2 world champions on the doping issue and now with this 2 guys getting drawn with Israel. He is for sure one of the top 3 Irani coaches in any sport for all time.

Big credit to Saeed Abdevali too for getting the gold on that first and crucial day to make things get on track once again for the team.

About 60 Kg category Omid Noroozi was just marvelous. He is a really technical wrestler and has a big chance to become the most technical wrestler of the games. Lol at Mohammad Bana beside the mat. He was like fire in every single second of the game. You must love his emotions and how much he cares for the team and his boys.

At 84 Kg Akhlaghi came up to be named the most disappointing wrestler in our team, Everyone had high hopes on him but he messed things up right in the first game,though his rival was a world champion,still i thought he could do better than this. The Turk didn't get to the final game BTW. Akhlaghi disappointed for sure.

At 120 Kg Bashir Babajanzadeh made history and got the firs t medal ever in heavyweight category in Iran's Greco Roman history. His only loss came to the hands of the Olympic and world champion, the Cuban ghoooool,Lopez. He won every single match before and after losing to that guy. The big surprise came up when Lopez lost the final game to a Turk 2-0,2-0 in two straight times.

Overall a magnificent performance by our wrestlers in the first 2 days. They have shown us what hard work and organized trainings can do with the right coaching.

We still have a great chance to clinch the championship as we stand second with 28 points. Russia is having 31 points without winning a gold yet.(Again F*** IR and Fila for this.) Turkey and Belarus having 26 and 25 points respectively.

Today is the final day of the games and Farshad Alizadeh has an easy task in his first 2 games against India and probably China. Then comes the big game of the tournament that decides this years world champion. The game will be between Alizadeh and a Russian named Roman Vlasov in the QF's. Should Alizadeh beat him and go all the way to the gold we must cross our finger for not having the Russian win the bronze. In case the points are tied with Russia we will win the championship for having 2 golds at least.

So,a really tough and crucial day ahead of us.

Comment

^doesn't freestyle medals also count for the championship which start after Greco-Roman?

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                    ^doesn't freestyle medals also count for the championship which start after Greco-Roman?

Nope,each style has its own ranking Farhad jan.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                      Nope,each style has its own ranking Farhad jan.
                      thanks didn't know that.

Comment

thnx 4 the updates and vids......PK Jan, or some1 else who is a genius.....can you make a Highlight Vid of our Wrestlers??? That would be fantastic!!
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

UPDATE: Guys I added 2 videos of Omid Norouzi's final on the front page.

Also Farshad Alizadeh won his first match against India and his 2nd against China but lost in his third against Russia. He still has a chance to win Bronze but he has to win another 2 matches.

The 74Kg final is between Russia and Turkey, if Turkey wins gold and we don't win Bronze, then they have overtaken us in the medal count.

Comment

At 120 Kg Bashir Babajanzadeh made history and got the firs t medal ever in heavyweight category in Iran's Greco Roman history. His only loss came to the hands of the Olympic and world champion, the Cuban ghoooool,Lopez. He won every single match before and after losing to that guy.

Let me ask u this since u know so much about this stuff...i always hear us winning medals whether in olympics, world championships, etc....and alot of times it is in the heavy weights...now im not sure if it was greco or freestyle but either way, i thought we've won alot of medals over the decades of wrestling...im quite surpised to hear it was our first medal, are u sure its our first all time?

Comment

Let me ask u this since u know so much about this stuff...i always hear us winning medals whether in olympics, world championships, etc....and alot of times it is in the heavy weights...now im not sure if it was greco or freestyle but either way, i thought we've won alot of medals over the decades of wrestling...im quite surpised to hear it was our first medal, are u sure its our first all time?

Well the medals we had before have all been in freestyle. This is indeed a historical moment,and this is the first medal ever in the heavyweight category in Greco Roman wrestling for Iran.

BTW Iran finished third with Alizadeh losing to a Russian and not reaching the bronze medal match either and also the Turk getting to the final from the other side of the table(the Turk and the Russian will battle for the gold in the final match of Greco Roman wrestling). So the ranking will be:

1) Russia

2) Turkey

3) Iran

Freestyle wrestling will start from 25th of September.

Comment

Well the medals we had before have all been in freestyle. This is indeed a historical moment,and this is the first medal ever in the heavyweight category in Greco Roman wrestling for Iran.
                                BTW Iran finished third with Alizadeh losing to a Russian and not reaching the bronze medal match either and also the Turk getting to the final from the other side of the table(the Turk and the Russian will battle for the gold in the final match of Greco Roman wrestling). So the ranking will be:
                                1) Russia
                                2) Turkey
                                3) Iran
                                Freestyle wrestling will start from 25th of September.

thanx....so why is that? is greco roman just something we didnt practice much iran and we're focused more on freestyle?

by the way, last year amir ali-akbari did win gold last year in the world championships in 96 kg...thats considered heavy weight isnt it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oman_wrestling

Comment

Working...
                                X