Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIBA Asia Championships 2011 (Road to London 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIBA Asia Championships 2011 (Road to London 2012)

Lets use this thread to post about the games and teams in the tournament. Matches and times. The games will be played in two different stadiums. Wuhan and Hongshan. Wuhan holds one of the best Venues in Asia. (Much better built inside and outside than the previous stadium held in Turkey for the World cup last summer)

Here you will see the times and dates for each game in the tournament
    http://wuhan2011.fibaasia.net/ScheduleResults.aspx

Please post news about players to watch for and information on the teams in Iran's Group, Even our own players performances

Each team in the tournament has almost 2 american based players, some who play in the D league and some who are professional. It's not just Iran who has AK and Hadaddi.

------------

Iran's first game will be on September 15th against Chinese Taipei (11:00 PM Eastern time on September 14th)

Arsalan Kazemi just got on a flight @ 11am (central time) to beijing, and another to Wuhan. he's the last player to join the camp. He will be in Wuhan Late in the evening on September 13. He has not trained with the team since the summer. (This might put him coming off the bench the first two games, due to jet lag and lack of practice with the team)

practice or not, arsalan should be a starter. lol

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      practice or not, arsalan should be a starter. lol
      regardless AK has been promised 30 minutes minimum a game the first 2 games by the coach. im sure he might start anyways since most the players know how he plays.

Bahrami was being very unprofessional the other day over our 21yr old youngster AK. Saying "He's not needed and he won't make much of an impact" in an interview. apparently he feels threatened by AK taking his position.(even though they play differ positions) (this changed my complete view on Bahrami) I mean come on.. the guy is our rising star.. much younger than you and most likely the future of our basketball.

The coach is worried about Bahrami's defense, so Iran will be playing alot of 4 man defense, where AK will be much needed.. you will probably see AK and hadaddi playing the entire game every game as usual (maybe Kamrani too)

AK and I had dinner last night, he said he is pumped and doesn't care who he is matched up against, he mentioned that he wants to do everything possible for the team. he wants to help bring Gold for Iran. he wants to take Iran to the olympics in London.

Comment

thanks great thread for all the news, upcoming games, and sharing what AK said before the tournament.

i'm not suprised by bahrami's interview. that kind of mentality is so typical in Iran where everything is not always professional. I'm obviously disappointed though..

Comment

Originally posted by Keyan View Post
          Bahrami was being very unprofessional the other day over our 21yr old youngster AK. Saying "He's not needed and he won't make much of an impact" in an interview. apparently he feels threatened by AK taking his position.(even though they play differ positions) (this changed my complete view on Bahrami) I mean come on.. the guy is our rising star.. much younger than you and most likely the future of our basketball.

how disappointing man

if anything bahrami needs to help arsalan....its not like soccer or other sports where we have other back ups...our basketball team really has less than handful of great plaeyrs like bahrami, arsalan and haddadi...we need all of them + more...1 extra guy is not gonna hurt bahrami, if anything it'll help him win the gold and go to olympics next summer

im really surprised bahrami said this, did u hear this direct or was it some bs news paper interview? it could be fake if its newspaper cuz hearing bahrami speak before he seemed like a very humble good guy, i woulda never thought he'd say some hater ass shit like this

Comment

hopefully Arsalan can roughen them up a little ;P hehe

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            how disappointing man
            if anything bahrami needs to help arsalan....its not like soccer or other sports where we have other back ups...our basketball team really has less than handful of great plaeyrs like bahrami, arsalan and haddadi...we need all of them + more...1 extra guy is not gonna hurt bahrami, if anything it'll help him win the gold and go to olympics next summer
            im really surprised bahrami said this, did u hear this direct or was it some bs news paper interview? it could be fake if its newspaper cuz hearing bahrami speak before he seemed like a very humble good guy, i woulda never thought he'd say some hater ass shit like this
            he said this in a conference with the coach in Tehran before leaving for Wuhan with the team. The question was about AK joining the camp late and how much of an effect he will have on the team. it's on an iranian website.. non of that BS reporter blog crap. we get it, you do NOT like Kazemi. but he needs to be more mature now that he has a kid and not be so co*ky and burst out like that. i'm sure it was an at the moment thing. but that def didn't help.

and i agree man, he will realize later in the tournament how much he will need him, instead help the youngster and teach him things you know that he doesn't because he can teach you what you don't.

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
            thanks great thread for all the news, upcoming games, and sharing what AK said before the tournament.

i'm not suprised by bahrami's interview. that kind of mentality is so typical in Iran where everything is not always professional. I'm obviously disappointed though..
            exactly.. I mean before AK, I always looked up to Aidin and Samad as our gurus and heroes. Then Samad has to bring the Morale of the team down.. how negative man.. maybe it was good for the team so that they don't rely so much on Kazemi? im not sure. Anyways, our boys are looking good, hopefully we can kill this.

How much I miss Aidin, may he R.I.P.

Comment

Iran vs. Chinese Taipei 11AM Wuhan Stadium (11pm Eastern Time)

Line-ups
              Iran

Name DOB Ht.
              4 Mehrad Atashi 25/02/1986 188
              5 Aren Davoudichegani 07/12/1986 185
              6 Javad Davari 25/04/1983 185
              7 Mahdi Kamrani 06/01/1982 186
              8 Saeid Davarpanah Karekani 09/07/1987 191
              9 Arsalan Kazemi Naeini 22/04/1990 203
              10 Hamed Afagh 02/01/1983 190
              11 Oshin Sahakian 21/03/1986 200
              12 Asghar Kardoust Poustinsaraei 21/03/1986 212
              13 Hamed Sohrabnejad 05/07/1983 202
              14 Mohammad Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 05/11/1983 198
              15 Hamed E Hadadi 19/05/1985 218

Chinese Taipei

Name DOB Ht.
              4 Wen-Ting Tseng 06/07/1984 202
              5 Chia-Hung Chien 06/03/1987 196
              6 Hsueh-Lin Lee 31/01/1984 176
              7 Chia-En Mao 16/11/1982 196
              8 Tai-Hao Wu 07/02/1985 202
              9 Shih-Nien Chen 08/04/1984 180
              10 I-Chieh Su 28/01/1987 181
              11 Hsin-an Chen 01/07/1980 198
              12 Chih-chieh Lin 11/06/1982 191
              13 Cheng-Ju Lu 13/04/1986 194
              14 Shou-Cheng Ho 15/05/1983 196
              15 Tsung-Hsien Chang 27/12/1988 192

Comment

Calm down guys. you can read Samad interview here

http://www.iranbasketball.org/news/newspapers/608---16-
                4th article

bebin chi gofte :

آمدن ارسلان کاظمی چقدر به موفقیت تیم ملی کمک خواهد کرد ؟

حساب ویژه ای نمی توان باز کرد. این نخستین همراهی ارسلان با تیم ملی در جام ملتهای آسیاست تبلیغات بیش از حد فشار روحی سنگینی را متوجه یک بازیکن جوان میکند.

and he is absolutely right !

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                  Calm down guys. you can read Samad interview here

http://www.iranbasketball.org/news/newspapers/608---16-
                  4th article

bebin chi gofte :

آمدن ارسلان کاظمی چقدر به موفقیت تیم ملی کمک خواهد کرد ؟

حساب ویژه ای نمی توان باز کرد. این نخستین همراهی ارسلان با تیم ملی در جام ملتهای آسیاست تبلیغات بیش از حد فشار روحی سنگینی را متوجه یک بازیکن جوان میکند.

and he is absolutely right !

post the video if you can, because that link does not work.

Comment

post the video if you can, because that link does not work.
                    there is no video, because there was no press conference ! that was the last training session and some journalists came and ask questions. no one from TV was there.

Comment

there is no video, because there was no press conference ! that was the last training session and some journalists came and ask questions. no one from TV was there.
                      what does that say? translate please.

Comment

regardless AK has been promised 30 minutes minimum a game the first 2 games by the coach. im sure he might start anyways since most the players know how he plays.

The coach is worried about Bahrami's defense, so Iran will be playing alot of 4 man defense, where AK will be much needed.. you will probably see AK and hadaddi playing the entire game every game as usual (maybe Kamrani too)

AK and I had dinner last night, he said he is pumped and doesn't care who he is matched up against, he mentioned that he wants to do everything possible for the team. he wants to help bring Gold for Iran. he wants to take Iran to the olympics in London.

From where did you bring up this kind of crap?????

For gods sake can you ruin the mentality in Basketball as you have done over and over again in football???

Absolutely pathetic,if you can't read parsi then that's a big problem of you.
                        I like Arsalan as much as you do but that doesn't make us discrediting other players.

I was by far the first person to know about Samad's thought and Arsalan and i was like i love you god,at last someone there to take the pressure off Kazemi's shoulders.
                        Then you bring up this kind of horrible attitude.

Comment

*How would Arsalan Kazemi's presence help the National Team?

Samad: We can't count on him on a special case. This is the first time Arsalan is with the team in the Asian Championship. So much exagerrating advertisement on him will put a lot of mental pressure on a young player.

* Does he play in your position?

Samad: Kazemi's real position is 4 ,but yes he can play in my position too.

OT:
                          If guys like Keyan are around Arsalan then i'm pretty worried for him to take the right decisions. Though as far as i know Arsalan is a real smart person in life and he will check lots of sources before taking an action.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                            *How would Arsalan Kazemi's presence help the National Team?
                            Samad: We can't count on him on a special case. This is the first time Arsalan is with the team in the Asian Championship. So much exagerrating advertisement on him will put a lot of mental pressure on a young player.
                            * Does he play in your position?
                            Samad: Kazemi's real position is 4 ,but yes he can play in my position too.
                            OT:
                            If guys like Keyan are around Arsalan then i'm pretty worried for him to take the right decisions. Though as far as i know Arsalan is a real smart person in life and he will check lots of sources before taking an action.
                            FIRST OF ALL "behzadir". Get off of Bahrami's nuts. And how have i misleaded people towards our football? when did i mislead towards our football? saadism daari engaar? many people on this forum do not know how to read and write farsi. if you have a problem with me, message me and talk to me about it. Is it because I ignore your posts? because i never knew you even exsisted before posting here on the general forum about the tournament. so pasho boro jaamesh kon, doshman bara khodet nasaaz inja. i didnt mislead anything or atleast didn't try.

And that is NOT the same thing i was shown and told by AK HIMSELF, i cannot read farsi. what i was shown was what AK had shown and told me. I'm obviously going to believe and BACK up whatever AK saids. He's my friend and I didn't see the video, but apparently there IS one from what AK has told me. That writer is like you, a big BAHRAMI fan and could easily of altered what was said to avoid destroying the morale of the team. Don't judge til you see what im referring to. If there isn't then MY mistake, really. Because I'm not going to make something like that up. I get very defensive when someone talks trash about AK, because he's like my little brother. It's Bahrami who has talked trash about AK continuously in case you haven't noticed. There are many many times before. AK is my personal friend and yes I am around him ALOT. And yes, AK is very upset at Bahrami for things said and for all of it.. so don't give me that trash. As far as I'm concerned that might not even be the interview AK is even talking about. I even mentioned that maybe Bahrami said this to bring the morale of the team up and not consider relying on AK in my response to Farhad-7. You are not AROUND AK to know these kinds of things (and yes that is a fact. many people on this forum can vouch for me for what kind of guy i am and how much of a positive effect I have on him. many also know how close i truly am with AK) I don't tell anyone 90% of things on this forum about AK, his thoughts and his personal life because I'm not that kind of guy.

P.S. BTW, AK has turned into a three guard SF this past season, behzad'IR' jaan. Not a 4.

Comment

FIRST OF ALL "behzadir". Get off of Bahrami's nuts. And how have i misleaded people towards our football? when did i mislead towards our football? saadism daari engaar? many people on this forum do not know how to read and write farsi. if you have a problem with me, message me and talk to me about it. Is it because I ignore your posts? because i never knew you even exsisted before posting here on the general forum about the tournament. so pasho boro jaamesh kon, doshman bara khodet nasaaz inja. i didnt mislead anything or atleast didn't try.

And that is NOT the same thing i was shown and told by AK HIMSELF, i cannot read farsi. what i was shown was what AK had shown and told me. I'm obviously going to believe and BACK up whatever AK saids. He's my friend and I didn't see the video, but apparently there IS one from what AK has told me. That writer is like you, a big BAHRAMI fan and could easily of altered what was said to avoid destroying the morale of the team. Don't judge til you see what im referring to. If there isn't then MY mistake, really. Because I'm not going to make something like that up. I get very defensive when someone talks trash about AK, because he's like my little brother. It's Bahrami who has talked trash about AK continuously in case you haven't noticed. There are many many times before. AK is my personal friend and yes I am around him ALOT. And yes, AK is very upset at Bahrami for things said and for all of it.. so don't give me that trash. As far as I'm concerned that might not even be the interview AK is even talking about. I even mentioned that maybe Bahrami said this to bring the morale of the team up and not consider relying on AK in my response to Farhad-7. You are not AROUND AK to know these kinds of things (and yes that is a fact. many people on this forum can vouch for me for what kind of guy i am and how much of a positive effect I have on him. many also know how close i truly am with AK) I don't tell anyone 90% of things on this forum about AK, his thoughts and his personal life because I'm not that kind of guy.

P.S. BTW, AK has turned into a three guard SF this past season, behzad'IR' jaan. Not a 4.

Bro,the truth is i'm not a Bahrami fan at all. I mean what i love here in the country is for some sports specially basketball that i've played,gain more attention and get out of football's shadow for gods sake.

I've talked to Samad Bahrami a couple of times at the Azadi court and to me he didn't look like a guy being jealous or whatsoever. Samad's physical conditions won't let him play that more in the NT. In fact if we get to the olympics i guess the olympics itself will be an end for a couple of older players on our team.

We shouldn't ruin the atmosphere around the players now that we have managed to prepare our best possible lineup. Samad and AK indeed have the same kind of leadership in them and yes that might make them get into some how a battle in proving themselves more. What is obvious is that these 2 players beside double H are players that won't show up in our basketbal lpretty often. I mean they are gems we got on our hand and i don't remember Iran having these kind of players that have been this much dominating and outstanding throughout asia. Playing in the NBA in basketball isn't anything to be compared to in any other sport.Double H has done it and i'm sure AK will do it and have an even better career. We people off the court should somehow try to make things moderate even if harsh things are said throughout interviews.

Samad is the team captain and he will say these kind of things just to take the pressure off shoulders,whether the guy will be Arsalan or H.H himself.
                              Arsalan is young and you never know how he will react to this kind of pressure though i know he's a man to challenge whatever it is on the court at what ever stage.

These guys will play together for 2 weeks and i'm sure Samad will talk things over with AK before the competition starts. He's pretty mature and knows what to do in these conditions.

All players love their country and put that above anything else,i guarantee you that.

And yes Arsalan is an NBA SF, glad to here his working to get used to that. Cuz in Rice they seem to rely him so much for his inside game and bringing down the boards.

I will really like and appreciate if you can inform me about how he's doing on his game lately. His mid rang shot and overall game,thanks.

Thanks for mentioning the "IR",this was the first forum i got into and i thought of putting a shorter username instead of "behzadiran",so i came up with such a thing. I hate those faggots you are emphasizing on.

peace

Comment

Working...
                              X